Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

11 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

They just need some loving?

They're ****ing professionals. They should be trying their hardest for that reason alone. They're handsomely paid too.

****s sake.

Agreed, they are not fighting for their career. You would play the future of Leicester City because they'll have an extra edge and reason to get the points (like Pearson's great escape team,) I'm afraid playing a team full of to be ex-Leicester player's feels too surreal. It could not be more opposite to what Stowell is refering to. Giving the armband to people like Youri and Madders is embarrassing. I would never give the armband to someone who doesn't see themselves at the club a meer few months down the line. Even those out of contract have no real reason as they would likely be released either way.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

Maddison doesn't do it when it matters. There - i said it and feel much better for it. He's not up for the challenge over the next 8 games and certainly shouldn't be captain. Should have been hooked today.

I mean we’d have likely been in a relegation battle for us last season without him tbf and he single handedly carried us before the WC and was the only reason we weren’t cut adrift at the bottom. He dragged us up the league kicking and screaming and won us countless points for 12-18 months but you can’t keep that up forever. His performances after the WC, although lacking, are far from the reason we’re going down. 

• Like 1

Guest TheBear

He isn't fit to lace Izzet's boots. Izzet single handedly got us promoted after administration and he almost kept us up with a much worse less paid squad than the current crop. To compare them and their attitudes and ability is just wrong.

9 minutes ago, TheBear said:

He isn't fit to lace Izzet's boots. Izzet single handedly got us promoted after administration and he almost kept us up with a much worse less paid squad than the current crop. To compare them and their attitudes and ability is just wrong.

No he didn’t. That’s a bizarre viewpoint to try and price a weird point because you’ve got the current red mist. We had a side that was way too good for the Championship. The idea that Izzet “single handedly” got a side with Dickov, Deane, Walker, Taggart, McKinley etc. promoted especially when Izzet also had a lengthy injury that season is bizarre 

And it was exactly our weak mentality under Mickey Adams that got us relegated and our constant shooting ourselves in the foot and conceding late soft goals. And we were never really close to staying up that season.

Of course Maddison is fit “to lace Izzet’s boots”. I know the red mist is in people’s eyes, but it’s obvious Maddison is the better Leicester player in any rational argument. And to try and say “it’s wrong” to compare their ability and attitudes is weird. I mean, surely even the biggest Izzet fan wouldn’t argue Izzet has as much ability as Maddison? And Izzet showed weak mentality and played in Leicester sides with just as weak mentality as this one but it just gets forgotten with time 

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

Honestly, it's one of biggest annoyances with society and, in particular, football today.

The idea that professional footballers need to be 'loved' to do their jobs is laughable. The verb for their job is 'to play' and their job is, quite literally, 'a game'. They get fabulous riches from playing a game. The idea that they not only want but actually NEED constant adulation to play the game is pathetic. 

Imagine a surgeon not doing their job correctly because they patient didn't shower them with affection or an electrician ballsing up the wiring because his client didn't sing enough songs and him.

Perhaps that's the problem. Too much smoke blown up their arses.

Love this post, couldn't agree more! 

It’s victim mentality if our players are feeling “unloved”. These are grown men being paid a lot of money to play a sport that we all love, let’s have it right. You can only put up with the excuses for so long as a football supporter, we have the 7th highest paid squad in the league. We’ve been terrible and our fans are right to say we expect more, we’ve tried everything else. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, koop. said:

Me and my lad waited outside after the game for some autographs, Maddison wasn't hanging about, but saw a few and they clearly give a shit. Mike Stowell came over and when asked "you going to keep us up Mike?" He replied "yes, we've done it before and we were in a worse position then, we just need a bit of loving right now" 

Could see the frustration on all faces, I'm still confident we will get out of this 

@RoboFox look at this! Not enough support for them.

Yes he was woeful today and has had some shockers during his time with us, but he has also been a shining light for us on many occasions, and he just isn't a good enough actor to be faking the emotion in this interview. You can see he is hurting and confidence is shot. He will be off in the summer if we stay up or go down, but I do believe he still cares what happens to Leicester and will fight in these next 8 games. Definitely not a player I will be attacking at this point in time. One of our better ones in ability and commitment for sure. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

It’s victim mentality if our players are feeling “unloved”. These are grown men being paid a lot of money to play a sport that we all love, let’s have it right. You can only put up with the excuses for so long as a football supporter, we have the 7th highest paid squad in the league. We’ve been terrible and our fans are right to say we expect more, we’ve tried everything else. 

Players in this country have it absolutely pathetically easy. Oh no! Not a few nasty tweets after I've spoken a load of shite!!! Go and play in Italy and see how you get on serving up this dog shit.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sampson said:

Disagree that all Maddison’s screamers “blend” those goals vs ManCity and Watford will be remembered as classics. Izzet was certainly equally as streaky, as all attacking midfielders are, and also played in 2 relegated sides, one of which was somehow even worse and more spineless than this one. Izzet was never a consistent sustained player and his peaks were never as high as Maddison’s.

It’s just a nostalgia and age thing, but Maddison was clearly the better player. Of course Maddison will be remembered just as long and well as Izzet. Go back to 2002 and some older fans would’ve said the same when comparing Izzet to Dave Gibson.

In 2002 when we were relegated with an even lower points tally than this one and Izzet requested a transfer after putting in a pretty spineless season and I can well remember there were plenty of extremely ill feeling towards Izzet and plenty harsh and opinions about Izzet and his lack of fight at that time, worse than what Maddison is getting now. They just get forgotten in time.

Taking nothing away from Izzet but Maddison is and will be rightfully remembered as quite clearly a better Leicester player than Izzet. It’s only the current red mist that is arguing otherwise.

I think you're a thoughtful poster and usually agree with your posts, but I think you're underselling Izzet here.  When you say that Maddison has better attacking stats than Izzet you're ignoring the fact that they aren't like-for-like players.  Maddison is very much an attacking midfielder, a number 10 in today's parlance.  Izzet was a much more complete midfielder who did a lot of good defensive work too, showing a commitment and strength in the tackle that Maddison never will.

I seem to remember that his poorer moments at the end were due to injury, but can't be sure, but reading his autobiography you would have no doubt as to the commitment and love for Leicester that Izzet had.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

You don’t need madders in a scrap. He can’t take the hard times proves it by deleting his twitter account. Done nothing it the last 3 but it doesn’t really matter because he won’t be here come summer.

He's not a leader, take the captaincy off him. As there are no suitable candidates, I'd probably give Castagne a go for a couple games.

It's hard to compare Maddison to favourites from years ago because I don't think people like footballers like we used to. Don't have that same affection. Not sure we will be talking about Maddison in 20 years as one of our greats. No matter what he does next.