Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

46 minutes ago, Twitcher said:

There isn't a candidate for captain in that team. That's part of the problem. What I'd give for a Roy Keane type character having a "quiet" word with a few of those who were on the pitch yesterday.

Well they do have something in common. 

They were relegated from the Premier league when it all could have so easily been avoided. 

58 minutes ago, oadby.fox said:

Precisely. The shift in attitude from Maddison is quite astounding, from being quite pleased with the nature of the performances just a few weeks ago to now being distraught with the very real prospect of relegation.

Rodgers had been pulling the wool over their eyes for far too long and now he has gone, they all realise that we are in the sh*t and they aren’t mentally equipped to deal with it. There’s no entitlement on behalf of the fans, if anything it seems as though this squad felt entitled to their premier league status when fans have been eager to protect it all season. It’s on the players to respond positively in adversity and to all the negativity around the club. That’s what “resilience” is all about, the fans can’t run those extra yards for them. They have to put the work in themselves and react as we expect them to. 

Totally agree with you.

I've been watching a lot of Kettering Town games, as recently moved to the area. They are flirting with relegation. I've been confident of Leicester's relegation for some time now because there is zero fight from the players. At least Kettering Town players are fighting like hell which gives me some hope they may stay up!

As you said, all about attitude and resilience. The club (apart from half the fans) have had their eyes shut walking in la la Land believing Rodgers' bullshit and how good they are. We are the worst team in the division and have been since Boxing Day. Quite amusing only Maddison and Co now realise this but it's too late!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheBear said:

He clearly doesn't give a toss, he was in Turkey Cafe on the p*ss after yesterday's shambles. 

Good - they should all have gone out and got pissed after that sh1tshow 

they won’t get out of this mess unless they change their mentality - start by getting pissed rather than wallowing in self pity! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

He clearly doesn't give a toss, he was in Turkey Cafe on the p*ss after yesterday's shambles. 

Would you prefer for him to slash his wrists or go on a murderous rampage?We all saw his post match interview, he was clearly very upset. He is perhaps one of the few players this season who has shown any determination and  effort

• Like 3

6 hours ago, StanSP said:

I'd rather they go out and be with people they can have a good time with as opposed to wallow in pity and feel sorry for themselves at home. 

This whole thing about caring what players do after any kind of result gets me. 

What is the correct reaction? Everyone's having a shit time of it now so it doesn't surprise me if people want to remove themselves from the situation just temporarily. 

I think he was on about Muzzy,

But I couldn't bring myself to having fun this weekend after the game. Maybe I do attach myself to much to it. But it's all I've been able to think about. I don't expect any of the players to care that much in the slightest. The Forest game last season taught me the biggest lesson with that I needed to know. 

I just hate what we've become and how avoidable this all was. 

12 hours ago, TheBear said:

I am sorry, I don't agree with you. He was in tears in the interview after the match on the club's TV channel. There is no law against going out after a bad day at the office. If it wasn't for Madders we would be mathematically relegated already. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Izzy said:

We’ll miss him when he’s gone

I'm sure they will!

They said this about Shilton,

Nish 

Worthington 

Lineker

Smith

Mcallister

Draper

Kante

Mahrez

Maguire 

Chilwell

To name but a few!

Several wish they'd stayed. 

But we will move o wards and upwards 

Thanks to Jamie Vardy for his Loyalty!

10 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

I'm sure they will!

Nish 

Worthington 

Lineker

Smith

Mcallister

Draper

Kante

Mahrez

Maguire 

Chilwell

To name but a few!

I can't imagine many on that list regret leaving.

Just now, cropstonfox said:

Question is,

Why can't we do enough to keep this

Level of player?

Money, basically.

The rich clubs can pay them more.

And offer them a decent chance of being in the running for trophies quite often.

And money.

And European football.

And money.

Other clubs, clubs like us - all the clubs who aren't the greedy six (seven, now) can't compete financially at all. And never will be able to unless they go down the Man City/Chelsea/Newcastle route - and I'd rather not get success than get it like that.

23 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

I'm sure they will!

Nish 

Worthington 

Lineker

Smith

Mcallister

Draper

Kante

Mahrez

Maguire 

Chilwell

To name but a few!

Literally nobody said this about Chilwell

Drinkwater leaving was a much bigger blow

• Like 1

On 09/04/2023 at 07:11, adam95581 said:

Don’t see it this way. He’s one of the few who have actually shown some fight and emotion at times. He made a mistake today but he’s carried us in many games this season. 

Oh I agree, and I'm not having a go at him at all, I really want him to thrive wherever he goes next.

However,  I'm looking at it in the here- and- now, I don't see that pre world cup drive in his game recently anymore. Plenty of gesturing and frustration on show, but in the last few games I've not seen him take responsibility on the ball like he was earlier in the season (and I'm not talking about the mistake for the goal, I mean in his general play). May be a form thing, but the obvious reason is that he's off and he knows it. 

Edited by walkerleeds
  • Like 1

On 09/04/2023 at 23:01, cropstonfox said:

I'm sure they will!

Nish 

Worthington 

Lineker

Smith

Mcallister

Draper

Kante

Mahrez

Maguire 

Chilwell

To name but a few!

Who wish they’d have stayed from that list? They all went on to have better careers by leaving us and all made the right decision in leaving us.

On 09/04/2023 at 14:30, Izzy said:

We’ll miss him when he’s gone

We will. But at the moment, he’s not leading the team by showing the desire and grit needed to get out of the mire. Over the last year, in the main, he’s been great for us. The last couple of games, he’s been a passenger. 

3 minutes ago, Harry the Cat said:

We will. But at the moment, he’s not leading the team by showing the desire and grit needed to get out of the mire. Over the last year, in the main, he’s been great for us. The last couple of games, he’s been a passenger. 

Since the World Cup he’s been poor. Next to no pace and looks like injured. Needs a massive step up in form if he’s going to help us. 

• Like 1

On 08/04/2023 at 18:32, An Sionnach said:

Everybody on here was desperate for him to play for England and like almost all our England internationals , his form is crap afterwards. I have seen it with Vardy, Drinkwater, Barnes, Justin and even Maguire. There is a curse somewhere I' m sure. He needs to snap out of it double quick if only for his own reputation.

They get tapped up there.  I try to say this every time everyone on here wants our players picked for England.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan

The defence splitting pass that Maddison made to set up Iheanacho (where he hit the post) was one of the best passes I’ve seen made for a long time. 
It was absolutely bang on the money and to those screaming for Nacho to start every game… he should have buried that. Not hit the post.

Losing Madders will be a bitter pill to swallow for this football club.

In a season full of the worst stats you could imagine (eg goals conceded), he’s been the shining light who’s almost single-handedly given us half a chance of not being relegated.

In a team containing your Souttar’s, Soumares, Faes, Thomas et al, those shouting at Maddison for not trying are essentially mad.