Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

1 hour ago, EnglishOxide said:

You're an idiot if you believe him, honestly. There's millions of pounds at stake with top level players towards this time of year and their agents/managers will take action to lessen the risk of losing that payday to injury.

By that reconning I’ll check in with you on Tuesday and Saturday and then every game for the rest of the season to see what his ailment will be next?  

• Like 1

Just now, UniFox21 said:

For all the praise I see about him on radio/TV/match reports he really hasn't been at it for a while. 

Yes he got the assist, but that situation was created by Nacho. 

Was surprised that McCoist gave him MoM. Didn't think he was all that apart from a few good moments. He's still playing Brendan ball and slowing moves down. He gets the ball, shows great skill, does his turn thing, and then wonders why there are 7 players in front of him.  Then usually he flips his leg out to look for the foul.

The free kicks have been doggo for a while. Others are taking better corners. 

He's been great for us but i think we looked better without him on Saturday. 

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Commentators on SSN were raving about him. 

Maybe we're all overly judgmental and see it with a more critical eye... 

I guess the clips they see are the assist, the turns, carries he makes and fouls he wins.

Rather than the slowing of play, not taking chances and sloppy passes. 

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Ally McCoist was saying what a huge loss Jonny Evans has been for us since injury. Its clear that the majority of punditry opinions are based on reputation and not by actually watching anybody play. Madders immediately gets extra token towards MoM simply by turning up.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I guess the clips they see are the assist, the turns, carries he makes and fouls he wins.

Rather than the slowing of play, not taking chances and sloppy passes. 

They watch the whole game like us. Morrisons was very complimentary about him. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Mark said:

I always suspect he’s injured when he’s off corners

Either his hip is causing him issues again or I think he might be having to change how he takes set pieces to stop the issue flaring up again

Every single free kick last night seemed to be really poor

Guest Col city fan
56 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Either his hip is causing him issues again or I think he might be having to change how he takes set pieces to stop the issue flaring up again

Every single free kick last night seemed to be really poor

Said last summer that the hip thing will probs not go away. It’s not that sort of injury.
Any team signing him would be taking a risk I think in terms of what they’ll pay for him (lots) and how much he could potentially play.

I don't think he had his best game but he was also being booted about the pitch by Leeds and probably responsible for some of their yellows. Other teams are clearly wary of his ability.

Probably only got MoM as nobody really stood out though? Thought Cooper actually did a decent job for them and would probably have got my vote. Iheanacho probably the best for us, thought he held the ball up better.

27 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

don't think he had his best game but he was also being booted about the pitch by Leeds and probably responsible for some of their yellows. Other teams are clearly wary of his ability.

It didn't help the official lost his cards and his whistle for a while.

On 22/04/2023 at 15:28, EnglishOxide said:

Yeah but I don't believe him for a second. He doesn't want to pick up an injury ahead of his big move this summer. That's more important to him than keeping Leicester up.

Pulled a sickie at 10am this morning, no different to other people at work who take the piss.

Simple as.

You know, you might be right.

That explains why he didn't play against Leeds either.

22 hours ago, StanSP said:

No, we see it as fans who want our team to win a game, so we're critical when one of our "better" players has an ineffective match.  You can always pick out the odd moment when Maddison or Tielemans does something outstanding, but in the situation we find ourselves at the moment what is more important is players who will fight hard throughout the match.  Leeds were doggo but their players ran themselves into the ground to deny us time on the ball.  The move for our goal started not just from the excellence of Nacho's pass to Maddison but because of the determination and commitedness he displayed in order to get it away.