Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

1 hour ago, Bert said:

lol what? 

My brother has 3 kids and doesn’t earn in 2 years what Madders earns in a week. Don’t think him having twins will be the reason he moves. Also, the club would give him a new contract with more money. 

I think nnfox was being a little bit ironic in an attempt to bring more humour to this thread

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

Can only imagine the banter in the dressing room with a certain someone around 🤣

Maybe if we’d made the managerial change 3 months ago …………

and I suspect they wouldn’t go near that particular line of banter in any case  - it wasn’t a good look for Terry in a dressing room environment 

9 minutes ago, studentofthegame said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/04/30/leicester-transfers-james-maddison-man-utd-spurs-newcastle/

Percy says he is set to be sold regardless of what happens with the rest of the season, 45-60 mil is the pricetag

We will only get that if two or three clubs are serious I guess.  Would prefer him not to go to Newcastle, but as a player right now who wants to go straight into a first 11 that would be pretty attractive.

7 minutes ago, studentofthegame said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/04/30/leicester-transfers-james-maddison-man-utd-spurs-newcastle/

Percy says he is set to be sold regardless of what happens with the rest of the season, 45-60 mil is the pricetag

That's not informed though, just common sense. We all know he'll be sold otherwise there would have been an extension announced months ago and we HAVE to sell him to fund the squad revamp and avoid another free transfer situation. Him and Barnes are the only players we'd get top money for because of the Tielemans and Soyuncu mess.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, studentofthegame said:

For the best really for him, and to some extent the club. We don’t have the finances to build the sort of squad that he would properly find his potential in, and often him and other players on the team are playing a completely different game. Finances will come in handy and hopefully if we stay up we can sign another similarly flair style player and a proper workhorse for the midfield to go alongside a revitalised Soumare. 

I don’t see the point in going into too much detail on this point, but if selling a star flair player allows us to fund a couple of cheaper workhorses I think the club will still be in good stead. 

Not surprised this will be his last season. I really worry for us next season IF we do manage to stay up. Maddison is a class above anything we could attract now and really sets us apart from our competitors down there. When we maintain the same mentality without that but if quality, it spells one thing. 

6 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Not surprised this will be his last season. I really worry for us next season IF we do manage to stay up. Maddison is a class above anything we could attract now and really sets us apart from our competitors down there. When we maintain the same mentality without that but if quality, it spells one thing. 

I think you'll be surprised at how much having players that want to be here with less talent Vs those who don't with more is a massive change for the better. 

• Like 3

I am that preverbal fly in the ointment…

I like him,I want him to stay, I think at present he’s not too sue to twist or stick,when he comes out on gameday,just simply not sure,with a lot of hope on his shoulders.

Also maybe still split on staying or leaving, this forum is no measure for any insight to players wants and descisions,just based on individuals perspectives and assumptions..

I believe he has still carried his game longer & better than Tielemans & Barnes..

Tonight we need that something special,where ALL fans stand up and say YES..!

to the performance. Then again Leicester can’t afford a brilliant Maddison and others give it away… All 11 players have to turn up as individuals and a team.

11 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

I think you'll be surprised at how much having players that want to be here with less talent Vs those who don't with more is a massive change for the better. 

That’s the hope isn’t it. The reality is, when you’re under pressure and wanting someone to get out of that tight space and carry the ball, heart doesn’t really do it

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

I don’t think you can accuse Maddison of not wanting to be here though unlike some others. He completely carried us pre-World Cup and we’d already have been dead and buried and cut adrift at the bottom halfway through the season without him.

Yes his form has dipped since his injury over the WC, but I don’t think that’s because his head has gone. He’s always been a player who has to play his way back into form after injury. That was the reason he didn’t start the FA Cup final iirc because he’d had several poor matches after coming back from injury.

Edited by Sampson

I know we've survived in the past selling our best assets but I think losing Madders leaves us with a huge creative hole to fill.

He makes things happen and is a match winner so I reckon we'll find it really hard to replace him.

Cracking player and we'll miss him badly.

• Like 2

Him and Tielemans leaving in the summer completely nukes our midfield. We would need some seriously good recruitment to make up for it. Not impossible but judging by our recruitment past few years, not so sure.

If we do stay up then I hope we get a decent manager in who can help with that and knows what he wants. Smith is good for now but not long term 

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

Yes - its time. To be honest I've not really enjoyed watching him since the world cup. He got MoM against Leeds on his reputation alone. Its time to get the money and work out what we do next. 

I agree with you this and I'm a huge maddison fan, I thought Soumare was more standout in that game than maddsion was 

Here’s a thought - if we stay up then what happens if madders refuses to move this summer?  I can’t see it happening but it’s possible. 

one of the clubs who want him may have someone in his position who they can keep for another season and they could make a deal with madders to take him on a free with a massive s/o fee in summer 2024 

we’d be faced with Hobson’s choice …… we could threaten to leave him out but he knows that we wouldn’t be in a position to really do that.  I think his injury worries will force him to take a move now though. 

Edited by st albans fox

17 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Here’s a thought - if we stay up then what happens if madders refuses to move this summer?  I can’t see it happening but it’s possible. 

one of the clubs who want him may have someone in his position who they can keep for another season and they could make a deal with madders to take him on a free with a massive s/o fee in summer 2024 

we’d be faced with Hobson’s choice …… we could threaten to leave him out but he knows that we wouldn’t be in a position to really do that.  I think his injury worries will force him to take a move now though. 

I think after already losing Tielemans and Soyuncu on a free, we’ll likely be quite desperate to cash in on Maddison in the summer from a financial point of view 

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

I don’t think you can accuse Maddison of not wanting to be here though unlike some others. He completely carried us pre-World Cup and we’d already have been dead and buried and cut adrift at the bottom halfway through the season without him.

Yes his form has dipped since his injury over the WC, but I don’t think that’s because his head has gone. He’s always been a player who has to play his way back into form after injury. That was the reason he didn’t start the FA Cup final iirc because he’d had several poor matches after coming back from injury.

Wasn't aimed at Maddison. Just the generalisation that we will be worse off next season with supposedly less talented players. Tielemans has been the best example of class on occasions but nowhere near enough to the point it's cost us a lot after he wanted out