Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

38 minutes ago, Sampson said:

I think after already losing Tielemans and Soyuncu on a free, we’ll likely be quite desperate to cash in on Maddison in the summer from a financial point of view 

Obviously but my point is that it isn’t just down to us 

the player has to want to go for a fee rather than see out his final year and earn enough to look after himself and all his kids and grandkids in a life of luxury  ….

as I said, I think his injury issues will force him to take the move 

8 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I know. I was attempting a joke 😝

I'm still in the middle of suffering with a couple of 1,5year olds. Those types of jokes fly straight over my head 🤣

• Like 1

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Here’s a thought - if we stay up then what happens if madders refuses to move this summer?  I can’t see it happening but it’s possible. 

one of the clubs who want him may have someone in his position who they can keep for another season and they could make a deal with madders to take him on a free with a massive s/o fee in summer 2024 

we’d be faced with Hobson’s choice …… we could threaten to leave him out but he knows that we wouldn’t be in a position to really do that.  I think his injury worries will force him to take a move now though. 

We would, and should, 100% play him. However, for me we either sell him in the summer or he signs a new contract. The latter being extremely unrealistic.

31 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

We would, and should, 100% play him. However, for me we either sell him in the summer or he signs a new contract. The latter being extremely unrealistic.

But there is a third option which is in the players court - we’ve seen it with youri and we’ve seen it with cags.  It’s not just down to the club. 

we just can’t threaten any of our players with a season in the wilderness because 

a ) we are too nice 

b) we just can’t afford to risk relegation to make a point (and the players know it) 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

But there is a third option which is in the players court - we’ve seen it with youri and we’ve seen it with cags.  It’s not just down to the club. 

we just can’t threaten any of our players with a season in the wilderness because 

a ) we are too nice 

b) we just can’t afford to risk relegation to make a point (and the players know it) 

I know, but that option needs to be avoided as much as possible!

He needs to just get out the club. I don’t care if he set up the second goal. If you snatch the ball for a pen off your team mate, it is nothing short of trying to boost your own ego. Do that and you have to score or face everything that comes at you.

He knew he is crap at taking them, we know he’s crap at them, so why! Absolute joke :mad:

• Like 4

Constantly selfish. Great ball for the 2nd but other than that continues to slow down the play and tries and do everything himself. Said a few times ive not enjoyed watching him since he went to the World Cup, and this evening im completely pi55ed off with him. Deano needs to have a serious long hard chat that we are not getting out of this he had to change how he is playing.

He rarely delivers when it matters.

Corners rubbish again.

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 1

Thought he'd make amends second half but he was atrocious. Should have been hooked because his head had gone. No wonder after that pathetic penalty. If we do go down, he's got blood on his hands.

....and I'm a big fan