Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

Why the fvck was he taking the penalty? 

Isn't there the hierarchy at the club to take it? Vardy and Youri when they're on the pitch should be taking it. 

Set the mood down when he missed it. Score it and it changes the whole game as Everton have to push twice as hard to get two goals.

Those kinds of things that don't go for you in times like this. But it's those kind of common sense moments that you need to take advantage of. We didn't do that and Maddison has to take the responsibility for it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Why the fvck was he taking the penalty? 

Isn't there the hierarchy at the club to take it? Vardy and Youri when they're on the pitch should be taking it. 

Set the mood down when he missed it. Score it and it changes the whole game as Everton have to push twice as hard to get two goals.

Those kinds of things that don't go for you in times like this. But it's those kind of common sense moments that you need to take advantage of. We didn't do that and Maddison has to take the responsibility for it. 

Should of had a look at Pickfords water bottle and had someone random take it

1 minute ago, shen said:

People vent in frustration and anger - few will have had a clear mind to exactly what you describe. Maddison had a good game, although his penalty miss was bad. If he'd hit it hard to one corner, I doubt the vitriol would be as bad. And there you go - one bad kick and it defines his entire perofrmance.

The truth is that he was a key reason for us looking as dangerous as we did.

He makes the assist for Vardy and he plays the brilliant (!) pass to Vardy after the Calvert-Lewin miss, which you'd expect Vardy to put away.

He made a handful of tackles/interceptions high up the pitch, but unfortunately we couldn't take advantage of these glorious opportunities.

I thought he looked the most committed player out there along with Vardy who looks revitalised.

Yeah, I think I will tune out of the match and Maddisson threads, too depressing of a read.  A week ago it was Vardy been laid in to.  Seems to be always one player as a scapegoat.

Iheanacho takes that if not injured and likely scores. I think Vardy should have stepped up and done his usual by putting his laces through it. 

If Madders scores, we win and everyone lavishes praise on him for stepping up. Shocking penalty though and the fact that Pickford had it written down to stay central, should embarrass Maddison tbh. Top player being so predictable that a keeper can just wait there for you to hit it right at him. Shambles.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

It was you with Ward Prowse by the way, you were posting stats comparing the pair. I actually think you're actually a Southampton fan, the Ward Prowse love, along with the love of Hasenhüttl

Reading back through it, I think I was fairly nuanced, showed some stats, took on feedback from others, edited the key stats shown and reposted them, making the point that actually JWP was pretty much a more effective player, in a worse team, playing a more defensive-minded role. Unless I've missed it I genuinely don't remember saying that JWP was a better player, just performing better IMO over a couple of seasons for the reasons I gave, for what it's worth if we stay up I think JWP would be a fantastic addition and would actually prove better for the club than Maddison is, because JWP is a leader and Madders isn't. Maddison needs a move away, to me it seems clear he pretends to care more than he actually does, and is too selfish for what we need right now. No doubt he's a class above what we currently have, but it's horses for courses, Maddison would thrive somewhere where he doesn't need to defend. Leicester isn't suited. 

1 minute ago, shen said:

People vent in frustration and anger - few will have had a clear mind to exactly what you describe. Maddison had a good game, although his penalty miss was bad. If he'd hit it hard to one corner, I doubt the vitriol would be as bad. And there you go - one bad kick and it defines his entire perofrmance.

The truth is that he was a key reason for us looking as dangerous as we did.

He makes the assist for Vardy and he plays the brilliant (!) pass to Vardy after the Calvert-Lewin miss, which you'd expect Vardy to put away.

He made a handful of tackles/interceptions high up the pitch, but unfortunately we couldn't take advantage of these glorious opportunities.

I thought he looked the most committed player out there along with Vardy who looks revitalised.

Penalties down the middle are a luxury you can't afford where we are. It has to go hard into a corner. If the keeper saves it then c'est la vie but you did all you could. My only other criticism of him tonight was holding on too long on occasions, a bit like Barnes does. He plays best at pace and occasionally it got a bit laboured. Not helped by a lack of movement or back up from midfield when we were on the front foot.

• Like 2

Was it Cardiff a few years back when he did the same thing? I was pretty sure he was going down the middle so it's hardly surprising Pickford telegraphed it. Just do not do that in such a pressure situation. When you're 3-0 up, maybe but in that situation, an insane risk to take.

3 minutes ago, Ledecestre said:

Penalties down the middle are a luxury you can't afford where we are. It has to go hard into a corner. If the keeper saves it then c'est la vie but you did all you could. My only other criticism of him tonight was holding on too long on occasions, a bit like Barnes does. He plays best at pace and occasionally it got a bit laboured. Not helped by a lack of movement or back up from midfield when we were on the front foot.

Remind me again, where did Calvert-Lewin's penalty go? I'm sure the "don't go down the middle' thing is a complete myth as well.

Heck, even Nacho's penalty against Wolves was only marginally left of the middle, but he scored, so gets no stick.
The hypocrisy and need to have a scapegoat is just ridiculous on here.

8 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

awful call by Smith 

To be fair it was an awful call because maddison missed. For all we know maddison may have been smashing them in in training. We as fans know that it should have been vardy, not because he's brilliant, but he's unpredictable and he's scored many in stressful positions, but Smith isn't a leicester fan

Seems to think its all about him, which is effecting his game. Over playing when he's on the ball instead of taking the option that's best for the team. Not liking this new post Rodgers version of Maddison. 

• Like 1

Prances around like he's got the ability of Messi & respect of Vardy yet has cost us 5 points in almost as many games.

If only he was as bothered about grafting to keep us up as he is about securing his new contract up in Newcastle.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, shen said:

Remind me again, where did Calvert-Lewin's penalty go? I'm sure the "don't go down the middle' thing is a complete myth as well.

Heck, even Nacho's penalty against Wolves was only marginally left of the middle, but he scored, so gets no stick.
The hypocrisy and need to have a scapegoat is just ridiculous on here.

Nachos pen against Wolves was actually equally as poor, luckily their keeper dived the wrong way. 

• Like 2

Tielemans record was superb before this season, had so much confidence when he took them. 

Maddison is far better for the team on the right side. When he plays in the middle, it's making his tendency to try to do too much worse and he goes too deep. 

He had an assist and should have had a goal as well. When he moved the centre, he had far less impact. 

Would love to see Mendy come in to steady things centrally, think he'd stop the basketball style play we saw today. 

27 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Was it Cardiff a few years back when he did the same thing? I was pretty sure he was going down the middle so it's hardly surprising Pickford telegraphed it. Just do not do that in such a pressure situation. When you're 3-0 up, maybe but in that situation, an insane risk to take.

Yeah same sort of penalty. Easy save. 

he hasn’t excelled since he got picked for England. Never showed up when it matters which regardless of LCFC might prove a deciding factor for his career 

• Like 1