Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

3 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Nachos pen against Wolves was actually equally as poor, luckily their keeper dived the wrong way. 

And yet Nacho getting injured and making that pass (deemed "heroic" by many) , but now being unavailable for the remaining games is viewed as a massive blow. Rightly so.

If Maddison were to get injured now, some people would probably rejoice. It's like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

7 hours ago, Corky said:

None of Maddison, Vardy or Tielemans are convincing penalty takers for me.

Agreed. Youri always goes to the keepers right so Pickford would of saved it and I’m fairly sure Vardy would of gone down the middle as well so probably also would of been saved 

2 minutes ago, Brenfox said:

What surprised me last night was just how greedy he was on the ball

Agree. Holding on to it for far too long trying to force something. But teams have him sussed now with this. If you keep him occupied, then you have time to flood back in numbers. 

He doesn’t turn up to the big games, so expect blanks against Newcastle and Liverpool. Suppose Fulham is the sort of game he might bag something?

3 minutes ago, Brenfox said:

Or he was trying to step up and take some responsibility, make things happen. He probably knows at least as well as we do that he's the one player we have who can really create chances.

He plays differently - less 'greedy' - last night and people on here would be criticising him for hiding.

• Like 4

So he’s been outsmarted on the pen and probably held on a little too long at times. But come on, he’s by far our most talented player and been our best chance of a goal over the season. Everton were playing very deep and hitting us on the counter second half, so leaving no space for shots or through balls. Unsurprisingly given this he was constantly trying to work an angle for something, and probably make up for the penalty. No player is above criticism but at the end of season review Maddison will be on the positive list and I’ll be pretty gutted to see him leave.

30 minutes ago, Brenfox said:

It's becoming a pattern. Soumare and Tielemans were holding it for too long as well. Our decision making is terrible all over the pitch.

51 minutes ago, Phil Bowman said:

Or he was trying to step up and take some responsibility, make things happen. He probably knows at least as well as we do that he's the one player we have who can really create chances.

He plays differently - less 'greedy' - last night and people on here would be criticising him for hiding.

Ironically most teams that play gainst us have players who do what you siad, keep the ball and drive it forward, its a first for me this called been "greedy".

Are we calling back for Rodgers ball where you not allowed to keep it and have to pass it to someone? O_o

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, iancognito said:

It's becoming a pattern. Soumare and Tielemans were holding it for too long as well. Our decision making is terrible all over the pitch.

Its clear players have been told they allowed to move the ball without passing it, which is a good thing.

I felt Soumare has improved because of this he isnt afraid to dribble forward.

Up until the World Cup he was unplayable and our best player. A major reason why we stand a fighting chance.

But with that being said since the World Cup he's been average, now he's not got something personal to play for and the pressure is on he's not delivering. The past 2 games we've needed the Maddison from before Christmas to step up and deliver and he's not. He's gone missing just like he went missing in the two top 4 bottling seasons, missing in the Conference League last season.

He's a fantastic player and deserves to be playing at a higher level but at the same time he absolutely isn't the type of player you can rely on when the going gets tough or there is any amount of pressure on. 

• Like 4

Have to credit Pickford for the penalty, although Madders should probably know that Pickford will have an idea where he will go. You look stupid if you go down the middle and its saved, but more often than not it's like Calvert-Lewins and works perfectly. 

He shouldn't have been on the penalty though, never fancied him.

It's hard to criticise Maddison, because he's the only one likely to create anything but he's so frustrating for large parts of the game. I don't know if its a determination to make something happen, or just selfishness, or maybe a bit of both. I think is lack of running ability will hold him back. 

2 hours ago, Phil Bowman said:

You people are insane, he was holding on to the ball whiles people were making runs, doing cryuff turns until the opportunity to shoot was basically finished, I'm so glad I watch all our games now because it's absolutely certain foxestalk sees what it wants to see when in regards to darling Maddison 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, melrose said:

Why would you put a penalty straight down the middle when you are facing a keeper that's known to have the shortest arms in the country!

and when you are a player that can put it anywhere you want

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

He's our most talented player but he's got Harry Kane syndrome. I just don't trust him to deliver when it matters most. I want this to age badly, but I fear it won't.

Given the fact I think over three quarters of penalties are scored, I was quite confident he was going to miss that, and once we did miss it I was quite confident we weren't going to win.

Maddison seriously complicates the game at times.

Yet despite this, he's created a goal and a clear cut chance from very quick and direct passing. 

Tielemans tried again and again to ping direct and long balls out wide or punted too deep with little result. 

Maddison did it too, trying the difficult pass over the top to Vardy on a few occasions with little result.

It's like we're asking him to be quick, precise and creative, but also make correct decisions whenever this option isn't on.

I think Maddison like all other should get criticised, but he just cannot seem to win either way. This is to a point where I feel it's obvious that it's personal for some and about finding a scapegoat for others.