Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

4 hours ago, Dames said:

Up until the World Cup he was unplayable and our best player. A major reason why we stand a fighting chance.

But with that being said since the World Cup he's been average, now he's not got something personal to play for and the pressure is on he's not delivering. The past 2 games we've needed the Maddison from before Christmas to step up and deliver and he's not. He's gone missing just like he went missing in the two top 4 bottling seasons, missing in the Conference League last season.

He's a fantastic player and deserves to be playing at a higher level but at the same time he absolutely isn't the type of player you can rely on when the going gets tough or there is any amount of pressure on. 

Hes got 2 assists in his last 2 games mate… Some of the OTT reactions on here and on Twitter are hilarious and tragic at the same time. People tagging the bloke on social media to give him abuse because he missed a penalty that he was assigned to take deserve Championship football. We’d already be relegated this year without his goal contributions 

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Tuna said:

Needs a big performance v Fulham.

He also needed a big performance in the second half last night after the penalty miss, but he couldn’t deliver. Frustratingly he rarely does when the pressure is ramped up. He is a top class footballer but, like too many in our team, he comes across as mentally (and physically) fragile.

Would dearly love to be proved wrong over the next four matches, mind…

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Madders has never put the gym work in.... like grealish and rashford etc.   I think he believes he is the finished product. 

He was anonymous last night and in the leeds game (where lazy pundits gave him motm!)

He cost us v bournemouth and again last night. He will leave in the summer and we will be  left with the consequences.   I would welcome a statement of contrition if he is to have any cred with the fans.

Aye, shit player is old Madders, hes cost us alot this season. Will be his fault if we get relegated, get rid now i say… 🤣

03A7FD9D-2D73-4158-80AE-AFF2D6DED05B.png

4F6E54D4-EBE5-4242-922D-088C3B078DE8.png

Guest bennytwohats
14 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Aye, shit player is old Madders, hes cost us alot this season. Will be his fault if we get relegated, get rid now i say… 🤣

03A7FD9D-2D73-4158-80AE-AFF2D6DED05B.png

4F6E54D4-EBE5-4242-922D-088C3B078DE8.png

I get the point you’re making, but there is more to this than the stats. I could filter on clean sheets and show Iversen with 0 and Ward with a bunch and start absolving award of any wrong-doing, but I think most would agree that would be flawed analysis and Ward is deserving of criticism.

Madders has been sublime at times this season, carried us through games and won points by himself. Class player. But it’s possible to believe all that and also say he’s been missing for the past few key games and not turning up now we need him the most. The two things aren’t mutually exclusive 

the worst thing that can happen to us in a game is he ****s up badly because he goes into hero mode trying to make up for it instead of just playing the right pass, second half list night he was trying to beat them by himself instead of feeding Barnes/Varfy/Daka when the ball was on

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, bennytwohats said:

I get the point you’re making, but there is more to this than the stats. I could filter on clean sheets and show Iversen with 0 and Ward with a bunch and start absolving award of any wrong-doing, but I think most would agree that would be flawed analysis and Ward is deserving of criticism.

Madders has been sublime at times this season, carried us through games and won points by himself. Class player. But it’s possible to believe all that and also say he’s been missing for the past few key games and not turning up now we need him the most. The two things aren’t mutually exclusive 

Missing? Hes got 2 assists in his last 2 games setting Vardy up for both of his goals? What are you on about 😂

Guest bennytwohats
11 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Missing? Hes got 2 assists in his last 2 games setting Vardy up for both of his goals? What are you on about 😂

He took the ball off our established penalty taker and meekly hit it straight at Pickford. Spent the second half fannying about on the ball rather than getting up the pitch. You think he’ll have walked away after last night happy just because he got an assist?

Of course you’re entitled to disagree but maybe rather than keep writing sarcastic replies you’d address the points being made because a lot of the comments in this thread are pointing to similar frustrations.

48 minutes ago, bennytwohats said:

He took the ball off our established penalty taker and meekly hit it straight at Pickford. Spent the second half fannying about on the ball rather than getting up the pitch. You think he’ll have walked away after last night happy just because he got an assist?

Of course you’re entitled to disagree but maybe rather than keep writing sarcastic replies you’d address the points being made because a lot of the comments in this thread are pointing to similar frustrations.

Dean Smith said in his interview Maddison was on penalty duties for the game? And no of course he wont of been happy but hes hardly gone missing has he. He will finish the season with Mahrez numbers and people on here are generally making out hes the problem 😂

8 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Agree. Holding on to it for far too long trying to force something. But teams have him sussed now with this. If you keep him occupied, then you have time to flood back in numbers. 

He doesn’t turn up to the big games, so expect blanks against Newcastle and Liverpool. Suppose Fulham is the sort of game he might bag something?

Fulham is very much in the big game category.

If that penalty was in September he'd have scored.

1 hour ago, bennytwohats said:

He was the assigned penalty taker for the game. He didn’t take the ball off anyone. It was a poor penalty but you’re trying to pin something against his personality for something he hasn’t done 

• Like 2

Clearly not at all true and you are just using that to try and prove a rubbish point. Almost every team is using the decoy penalty taker to take the pressure off.

Not surprised he goes missing at times -  just look at the useless lumps around him offering little movement, unable to control the ball and definitely not on the same wave length. He's going to be badly missed next season and when you see him tearing it up in a better side we will be reminded of that. Or you will moan how he never cared about Leicester and if he did he would have done it for us.

• Like 1

Guest bennytwohats
1 minute ago, kingston_fox said:

Clearly not at all true and you are just using that to try and prove a rubbish point. Almost every team is using the decoy penalty taker to take the pressure off.

Not surprised he goes missing at times -  just look at the useless lumps around him offering little movement, unable to control the ball and definitely not on the same wave length. He's going to be badly missed next season and when you see him tearing it up in a better side we will be reminded of that. Or you will moan how he never cared about Leicester and if he did he would have done it for us.

You’re putting words in my mouth here. I agree he’ll be badly missed, and I think he cares massively. I just don’t think that makes him immune from criticism

Guest bennytwohats
3 minutes ago, Sampson said:

He was the assigned penalty taker for the game. He didn’t take the ball off anyone. It was a poor penalty but you’re trying to pin something against his personality for something he hasn’t done 

I mean he quite literally did. Youri had the ball and Madders walked up and took it from him. Some people are calling that a routine, others are saying Smith said he was assigned penalty taker to cover for Madders and take some pressure off him. 

Guest bennytwohats
34 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Dean Smith said in his interview Maddison was on penalty duties for the game? And no of course he wont of been happy but hes hardly gone missing has he. He will finish the season with Mahrez numbers and people on here are generally making out hes the problem 😂

Nobody is making out he is THE problem. Some people are just saying that in the biggest games our best player can quite often not perform as we hope/need him too.

If you honestly can’t do better than to equate that to universally criticising Maddison then there is no point trying to discuss it with you 👍

50 minutes ago, bennytwohats said:

I mean he quite literally did. Youri had the ball and Madders walked up and took it from him. Some people are calling that a routine, others are saying Smith said he was assigned penalty taker to cover for Madders and take some pressure off him. 

Yes and you’re using a technical correctness and/or a conspiracy theory that Dean Smith is lying for some reason to attack Maddison’s character. 

• Like 1

Only flat earthers ……..

don’t look for stuff that isn’t there 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingston_fox said:

Pickford went back to his water bottle when youri gave the ball to madders.  I wonder if we’ll now see this routine changed again where the decoy actually places the ball on the spot and then once the keeper is set, the actual taker will then approach the ball and respot it and the decoy will head to the edge of the box ?? Hence the keeper shouldn’t be able to go recheck his bottle 

most decent takers spread their kicks (vardy) to avoid being predictable 

11 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Pickford went back to his water bottle when youri gave the ball to madders.  I wonder if we’ll now see this routine changed again where the decoy actually places the ball on the spot and then once the keeper is set, the actual taker will then approach the ball and respot it and the decoy will head to the edge of the box ?? Hence the keeper shouldn’t be able to go recheck his bottle 

I dont understand why most penalties are low, its really really really hard to save a high penalty, did I say really enough times?

22 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

I love you James but WTAF was that? Like a 6 year old taking a pen

I read that he has not taken a penalty since 2018 and he missed that one aswell

22 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

I love you James but WTAF was that? Like a 6 year old taking a pen

I read that he has not taken a penalty since 2018 and he missed that one .

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Possibly... I guess the water bottle thing is a small edge towards the keeper whereas the decoy limits the mind games as the keeper and opposition players start getting in their ear and trying to put them off - I guess that's a bigger edge to defending team. Moreso now everything goes to VAR so there's even more time.