Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

On 03/05/2023 at 12:29, Rusko187 said:

I don't think that's fair, no one can tell how hard he works and the commitment/sacrifices he makes. For all we know, he works his arse off to improve. Yes he's not in great form, but that doesn't make him a bad player.

I don't see any ripped upper body

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Totally agree with this. Pressure is obviously a factor, but something like a penalty should be easy to practice over and over again that it almost becomes like muscle memory and you can stick it right into either corner at pace on demand.

It must be pressure because you'd think it's fairly straightforward for these elite players with their technique and the amount of time they must spend practising.

It blows my mind that Youri, for instance, always seems to go the same way across the keeper, surely he practises putting it into the other corner too!

Aldridge scored 42 out of 45 and seemed to slam it into the same place every time. If you hit it hard enough , the goalkeeper can guess right and still not keep it out.

• Like 2

Hard and higher up are the hardest to save as a keeper. 

The one Maddison took was just a terrible height, as well as powerless and down the middle. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sly said:

Hard and higher up are the hardest to save as a keeper. 

The one Maddison took was just a terrible height, as well as powerless and down the middle. 

It was truly pathetic for so many reasons, I haven't even dared to watch it again.

• Like 1

While I understand the pressure point, pressure is what players deal with every game.  It’s not like it’s a random punter that was asked to take it (they would have done better).

it literally amazes me that almost every professional player can’t kick a static ball into one of the corners from just 12 yards 99% of the time. 

Awful penalty.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Finn Claw II said:

While I understand the pressure point, pressure is what players deal with every game.  It’s not like it’s a random punter that was asked to take it (they would have done better).

it literally amazes me that almost every professional player can’t kick a static ball into one of the corners from just 12 yards 99% of the time. 

Awful penalty.  

I think the fact that almost every professional player can't do it, shows how difficult it is.

• Like 3

Any chance madison was aware of the bottle, was aware that he did this a lot at england training… and thought to himself that pickford would know that he would know. 

Could he have been attempting a colossal double bluff that’s just gone horrifically? 

I’m sure they practiced pens at the euros, don’t think madison would be daft enough to have been taking his preferred pen with someone he practised with other than because he thought the keeper would expect him to do his second favourite pen ? 🤔

or am i giving him too much benefit of the doubt 

10 hours ago, Charl91 said:

I think the fact that almost every professional player can't do it, shows how difficult it is.

I think that tells you more about their ability to handle pressure as opposed to technical difficulty 

It looks nice when you score a penalty dinked down the middle but I’m sure aiming for a corner with some power is a better strategy. 

Edited by Finn Claw II
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Finn Claw II said:

Awful penalty.  

80% is expected conversation rate, Vardy has that for Leicester, youri does despite his recent misses, I think Maddison is 3/8 including shoot outs for Leicester so not even half that mark.

12 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Any chance madison was aware of the bottle, was aware that he did this a lot at england training… and thought to himself that pickford would know that he would know. 

Could he have been attempting a colossal double bluff that’s just gone horrifically? 

I’m sure they practiced pens at the euros, don’t think madison would be daft enough to have been taking his preferred pen with someone he practised with other than because he thought the keeper would expect him to do his second favourite pen ? 🤔

or am i giving him too much benefit of the doubt 

I watched Beckhams Argentina penalty to remind myself of what a sweetly struck near the middle looks like even when the gk stands still, which he did, the gk wasn't anywhere near it really is it was low.

Assist for Bournemouth and essentially letting Everton off the hook. It's not been going well since he gave it the biggun on twitter.

Hope he can turn it around and put in some big performances in these last 4 as it'd be a horrific way to cap off a season for him that has been pretty damn good all in all.

• Like 2

On 02/05/2023 at 14:39, foxinsocks said:

Madders has never put the gym work in.... like grealish and rashford etc.   I think he believes he is the finished product. 

He was anonymous last night and in the leeds game (where lazy pundits gave him motm!)

He cost us v bournemouth and again last night. He will leave in the summer and we will be  left with the consequences.   I would welcome a statement of contrition if he is to have any cred with the fans.

Fair to say he doesn't skip leg day.

Jack Grealish Legs - Now On Instagram – boxmenswear

• Like 2

I hate going in on him as we’d be relegated already if not for his performances earlier in the season but you’re lying to yourself if can’t see that he’s more of a hinderance than a help with his awful attitude and lack of commitment to the fight.