Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

7 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Since the World Cup he's been atrocious. Rodger decision to make him captain massively backfired because he took the decision to lead by example, rather than lead the team. Problem is in the last 5 months his 'example' has been poor, and he's not recovered since that spell as captain.

How anyone can say that without Madders we would have gone by now is beyond me.  Our last win, where in the 2nd half in particular we looked a much more balanced team, he was out ill. Madders has not warranted the 'without him we would be doomed' moniker. He has been a fundamental part of the problem.

Weak. Set pieces crap. Goes missing in big games. Dives and puts defence under constant pressure. Tries to do everything. Doesn't play as part of the team. Defensively useless.

Where ever he goes, he will be spending a lot of time injured or on the bench.

And pre World Cup? He carried this team.

I'm not saying he's in sparkling form, I just find it absolutely bizarre the pelters he gets when he's pretty much at the bottom of our problems as far as I can see. 

Edited by walkerleeds

1 minute ago, walkerleeds said:

And pre World Cup? He absolutely carried this team.

I'm not saying he's in sparkling form, I just find it absolutely bizarre the pelters he gets when he's pretty much at the bottom of our problems as far as I can see. 

Most are rattled by a tweet two months ago. He definetley has been no way near the levels of pre world cup but has still been one of if not the most productive since.

Just now, walkerleeds said:

And pre World Cup? He absolutely carried this team.

He didn't carry the team - you are rewriting the story of the start of the season. He played well once things picked up (as several players did) but he was a big part of the sh1te start we had, and would have spent a big part of that keeping Mr Rodgers happy behind the scenes.  I remember him being shocking against Brighton and Spurs when we got hammered.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Since the World Cup he's been atrocious. Rodger decision to make him captain massively backfired because he took the decision to lead by example, rather than lead the team. Problem is in the last 5 months his 'example' has been poor, and he's not recovered since that spell as captain.

How anyone can say that without Madders we would have gone by now is beyond me.  Our last win, where in the 2nd half in particular we looked a much more balanced team, he was out ill. Madders has not warranted the 'without him we would be doomed' moniker. He has been a fundamental part of the problem.

Weak. Set pieces crap. Goes missing in big games. Dives and puts defence under constant pressure. Tries to do everything. Doesn't play as part of the team. Defensively useless.

Where ever he goes, he will be spending a lot of time injured or on the bench.

Are you actually being serious? 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Jesus fcking christ

Edited by South Shire Fox

Just now, CrazyKopCorner said:

Not heard his post match comments but if they are as reported he’s gone absolutely brain dead

What's he (reportedly) said?

He’s obviously a very good player but this season has told us that he’s not an elite player. Hasn’t been able to find the character, impact or consistency to really drag his team through.

It’s highly likely that he has struggled to come to terms with that (see his response to Tanner on Twitter and deleting his account post-Bournemouth) because he’s extremely egotistical. If he were made of chocolate he’d eat himself.

The media love him because he “speaks well” but all this means is that he’s actually a very good actor. We’ve come to learn that he does the faux disappointment very well and typically knows what to say to come across well when he’s in front of the cameras and mics when the good times are rolling (reminder: he was nowhere to be seen when struggling for form).

I’d love to see him embodying just one principle between now and the end of the season: actions speak louder than words.

• Like 2

Just now, South Shire Fox said:

Are you actually being serious? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Prove otherwise. Prior to Smiths arrival, are you telling me Madders carried us towards an astonishing 7 wins and 4 draws? i mean 'carried'. Utter nonsense.

The man is an actual idiot. 

How the hell does he think saying "not hungry enough to win the game" was going to get taken positively? 

Absolute pleb, for a man who thinks he's great with the media, he has absolutely no idea 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

And pre World Cup? He carried this team.

He was playing for himself pre World Cup to try and get called up. I think he’s checked out with us since then.

4 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Prove otherwise. Prior to Smiths arrival, are you telling me Madders carried us towards an astonishing 7 wins and 4 draws? i mean 'carried'. Utter nonsense.

He has 19 Premier league goal contributions all season, thats almost half of all our Premier league goals thats hes been involved in and youre on here making out like hes not been an important player to this team 🤣🤣. Absolutley deluded, just look past your blind hatred for the bloke and smell some reality. 

Edited by South Shire Fox

He might go on to have a great career elsewhere, but he'll always have a relegation on his CV. Not that it'll define him of course, and I know others have been through it and gone on to do well, but it'll always be a stain and, if it were me and I viewed myself as really good player, something I'd be pretty ashamed of. 

• Like 1