Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

As annoying as he has been since the world cup - honestly I don't get some people's ability to moan at anything. We all say that interviews are all sterile and just scripted. This young guy says it how he feels at the moment and we jump on him. I for one feel it's refreshing, so what if on occasions he uses the wrong word, or we don't agree with what he says, it's nice that he's not just regurgitating the same shit 99% of footballers get told to say in interviews. Do you all want him to just be a robot like the rest? 

It would help though if the words were backed up by actions. 

It's great to say they're working hard etc etc, but that first half performance did not seem like it. It's like the apathy had set in to the squad as well based on the performance shown. 

Let your football do the talking, not the social media. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

He didn't carry the team - you are rewriting the story of the start of the season. He played well once things picked up (as several players did) but he was a big part of the sh1te start we had, and would have spent a big part of that keeping Mr Rodgers happy behind the scenes.  I remember him being shocking against Brighton and Spurs when we got hammered.  

I am not rewriting anything. During the spell we 'picked up' (let's say from the Forest game, where the decent run started) he got 4 goals and 3 assists, so it's undeniable he dragged us through those games. Who else is providing 7 goal contributions if not him?

As for a 'big part' of the poor start, what's the point in even debating that. Did you see our goalkeeper/ defence/ midfield?

Just now, Chelmofox said:

He was a member of the team playing much better. He wasn't carrying us by any stretch of the imagination.

And i know you can only beat the teams in front of you, but we have to remember what teams we beat, and what was happening to those teams, during that little run. Was hardly like Madders bulldosed a collection of top 8 clubs.

He definetley was, the bloke was literally the only creativity in the side, take him out and where is it coming from? Genuine question? Just have to look at the games after the world cup he missed to see what an absolutely dreadful and creative less team we are when he werent playing

In fairness to Maddison, he is well down the list of people to blame for this season. I like his interviews normally. However, we have lost 60% of our matches this season, the fanbase are angry, fed up and watching a team on course for relegation, only to then hear a player say we weren't hungry enough. How does he think it will be received, especially when the fans are convinced there is a complacent mentality within the club?

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

He has 19 Premier league goal contributions all season, thats almost half of all our Premier league goals thats hes been involved in and youre on here making out like hes not been an important player to this team 🤣🤣. Absolutley deluded, just look past your blind hatred for the bloke and smell some reality. 

Nah mate, there are 3 or 4 players in our squad who post those numbers, he's just been lucky.

Guys a big reason we are getting relegated.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

It would help though if the words were backed up by actions. 

It's great to say they're working hard etc etc, but that first half performance did not seem like it. It's like the apathy had set in to the squad as well based on the performance shown. 

Let your football do the talking, not the social media. 

Yes the team has not been good enough and Madders has been poor by his standards. BUT he's still our most creative outlet. Today - assist, won a penalty and scored a penalty. We can't be scapegoating our best player. Yes we're frustrated with him as we know what he's capable of, but there are lots more players we should be pointing the finger to first. Youri being number 1.

They are contacted to do interviews, when he does one and he's "honest" rather than same shit different player interview he gets blasted. Of course he's going to try and defend himself and he does that on social media. 

His head hasn’t been in the game since he had a go at Rob Tanner for simply spitting facts.

Not once has he proved Rob Tanner wrong and he just continues to embarrass himself.

Time he did his talking on the pitch, but no doubt part of his mind is focused on a move away.

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

In fairness to Maddison, he is well down the list of people to blame for this season. I like his interviews normally. However, we have lost 60% of our matches this season, the fanbase are angry, fed up and watching a team on course for relegation, only to then hear a player say we weren't hungry enough. How does he think it will be received, especially when the fans are convinced there is a complacent mentality within the club?

But it's true. We all see it. There are some players out there that are simply not hungry enough. He's saying the truth. Maybe as a 'leader' he needs to call them out to get a response? 

In many ways it's not his fault. He'll have been bought up, and has spent his working life in, an echo chamber where he's always right and he's the best and criticism is delivered very gently.

He doesn't realise that the performances aren't good enough and what he's saying is transparent because footballer live a life free of consequence and criticism in their personal sphere.

2 minutes ago, hejammy said:

But it's true. We all see it. There are some players out there that are simply not hungry enough. He's saying the truth. Maybe as a 'leader' he needs to call them out to get a response? 

Exactly. If we felt it was the turning point, that they'd all look in the mirror and sort this out then we'd be more understanding.

But it won't be.

4 minutes ago, AllGoneTitsSchlupp said:

Maddison is not young and naive. He’s 26. The father of one and soon to be a father of twins. He knows exactly what’s he is saying and doing and should be held accountable

Yes. The truth! But people don't like the truth! 

4 minutes ago, AllGoneTitsSchlupp said:

Maddison is not young and naive. He’s 26. The father of one and soon to be a father of twins. He knows exactly what’s he is saying and doing and should be held accountable

I don’t think he has a clue what he’s saying in all honesty. At 26 he should be a bit more clued up than to take to socials against media and fan comments after travelling supports have spent all that money to go and watch such dross. 

55 minutes ago, StanSP said:

How can you not be hungry enough? 

Oh wait, I know. They all know they can leave in summer so the motivation isn't there to do well for the club. They only care for their careers. That makes them a whole bunch of bellends to have in a relegation fight. 

....the strange thing is the previous fight that they showed in getting back into games after going a goal down!!!

Today's performance is a world away from that, so why put in that kind of performance now? There must be a reason why this has happened today, is it that the players have little respect for Smith and they have sussed him out, as the previous performances under this management team showed grit and some kind of pride?

It will be interesting if there are no big changes for the next game or some kind of change within the managerial group, I just cannot put it down to players not caring because they are due to leave the club at the end of the season, they cared last Monday, why not now!!

6 minutes ago, lozzyblue fox said:

Keep him and let him have a season in the championship then let's see if he thinks the same.

He's absolutely gone this summer. There will be many PL clubs interested in him, including some from the top 6.

We want players to communicate so have to take the rough with the smooth but needs to pay less attention to social media. Definitely someone that searches his name. 

I don't think he should be jumped on for maybe choosing the wrong word. 

Anyone who thinks he's the major problem needs to have a look at our defensive performances. Yes he has a part in thtmat but give him a solid midfield behind him and he will flourish. 

However his on the pitch antics make him hard to like, up there with Bruno Fernandes, great if you're winning but easy target when you're not. 

Edited by RowlattsFox

To be honest, madders just needs to shut up at this point. He’s more than entitled to his view, and he’s more than entitled to express it, but these twitter spats just make him look an idiot. 

If he was performing as well as he thinks he is on the pitch nobody would be going after him. 

16 minutes ago, hejammy said:

As annoying as he has been since the world cup - honestly I don't get some people's ability to moan at anything. We all say that interviews are all sterile and just scripted. This young guy says it how he feels at the moment and we jump on him. I for one feel it's refreshing, so what if on occasions he uses the wrong word, or we don't agree with what he says, it's nice that he's not just regurgitating the same shit 99% of footballers get told to say in interviews. Do you all want him to just be a robot like the rest? 

No I dont, but equally dont tell us what we already know, a simple apology for the shitshow would have sufficed today, the additional dribble wasn't needed, just lay it out on the pitch for all too see, today it just looked like no one including Madders was bothered.