Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

2 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Not very because with his attitude I want him nowhere near it.

Fvck his attitude, what about ours. These players are playing the club, all the power is in their hands, it’s about time the clubs took the power back.

Guest Mee-9
18 minutes ago, Dames said:

Reads to me like they know they are gone barring a miracle. 

For me it was over after the Bournemouth game.

But these players haven’t got the fight, mentality, togetherness or whatever.

Look what happened when we got out of it before with Pearson, the season before we won the league. We had leaders in that dressing room, or lions. We’ve got Donkeys now. 

5 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

For all the good he's done for us on the pitch the missed penalty against Everton is likely to be his defining moment for us.

It really won't be. We're in it now, the wound is fresh, but 10-15 years down the line we will appreciate what a good player he was for us.

Compared to the increasing amount of transfer failures since BR took over, Maddison must be classified as a success - even if we do go down.

• Like 2

Don’t know how he can say “We’ll keep going to the very end” when the likes of Soumare and Tielemans don’t “Keep going until the very end” of an oppositions attack! 

There are pre.and post match media obligations, I get that, but beyond those I don’t want to hear anymore generic struggler cliches from them, do the talking on the pitch, at the moment the statements don’t match what we’re seeing and that’s offensive, it’s called BS. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

Nah - he wanted his 'ball under the shirt' moment, and Dean took one for him after the game to save face. Wouldn't be surprised if this is something thats been bubbling away between some of them all week either, and what Dean ending up having to do made him look weak and not in control of the situation.

It was a selfish end to his time here, and i will always remember the selfish side to him more than the good times. Relegation could cripple this club.

Dean Smith that came out and said Maddison was on penalty duties? Are you just making stuff up just for bants or has Maddison personally done something to you with some of the pish being written? 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If the team all had madders' skill and talent we wouldn't be in this situation.

Most of our players are shite, ,he's playing with crap, a useless defence and no leader of which one he is not!

He is bothered , but it's too little too late.

It's not all his fault I get he's angry but in three matches he will be gone and never will play a part in the clubs history again.

I think the lad will be ok.... Leicester city though, future is grim.

26 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Dean Smith that came out and said Maddison was on penalty duties? Are you just making stuff up just for bants or has Maddison personally done something to you with some of the pish being written? 😂

Yes - that Dean Smith. News for you - what he said was calculated nonsense. Dean's job isn't to build a long term team here. It was to get a short term reaction out of the squad to try and keep them up. Maddison is the prized asset, and Dean has talked a bit of nonsense to paper over cracks to keep Maddison on side. Madders was selfish against Everton. If it worked, it would have been amazing. As it turned out, Madders wasn't good enough to convert that selfishness into a result. 

I said before i've loved watching him when he's been at his best. There is some nonsense going around that he's carried the team this year. He hasn't. Over the course of 35 games he's been poor, and since the world cup he's been terrible and shown a poor attitude. He's been a big contributing factor in our predicament (as Youri has been too), because he is seen as the prized asset and the team has been built around him. He is a big reason why the midfield is so weak, and the constant falling over and arguing with officials isn't working.

Looking at what the big 6 demand, he is going to struggle. Good luck to him -i hope he does well, but his moments of madness this last few months have hurt us badly.

• Like 1

Hope he gets an injury in the next week so we don't have to have him play for us again. The absolute embodiment of this team. All talk, all hype, all the goals when there's nothing riding on it. When the going gets tough, he won't be there.

Cov rat. **** off.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

He talks a good game and gets plaudits for it, but people will see through it if he doesn’t back it up on the pitch. He’s a talented player but certainly lacks something that will take him to the top. 
I believe he cares, but just not enough to make much of a difference for us.

Hope we get as much as possible for him and replace him with someone who genuinely wants to be here. 

A top player on his day, but similar to Tielemans, goes missing far too often, and especially when we need him the most. 

• Like 1

I for one can't say I blame him any more than other players. I don't think even Maradona or Pele would save this team from relegation. Maddison didn't have too many good games this season, true, but then who had? He's one of the symptoms but he's not the cause of our downfall. Bet he signs for a top 6-8 club and will do very well for them, surely not worse than Mahrez does for Man City or Kante did for Chelsea. The (PL) ship has sailed months ago, BR and Top are the major culprits (Top for being in denial of reality and letting Rodgers stay for so long).  I'm massively disappointed we had quality players like Maddison and Tielemans or Praet available for most of the season and still couldn't stay up because we bet on the wrong no.1 kept leaking goals and stupidly persisted with negative possession based tactics and a sole striker upfront. Next season we'll have to cope with the mediocrity of KDH and limits of Barnes (IF he stays, that is) and many of those who now call Maddison or Tielers lazy gutless cnuts (which is perfectly understandable btw) not fit to wear the shirt will most probably miss them when they leave... which seems inevitable.

I'm just massively, massively dissapointed we are getting relegated with this squad of players whom collectively I consider to be, at worst, midtable PL quality, never a relegation material.

At last, this is some genuine, proper underachievement to stain one's CV for that toxic **** called Brendan Rodgers, eh.

• Like 2