Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

Just now, Pliskin said:

He’s got a way of talking football hasn’t he. Gets it right every time. He has seen right through us this season, and has been on the same page as us fans for most of it. 

hes hit or miss for me, but hes right on with maddison

I just think fans have had enough of the players who have been here for years. Exceptions possibly being Vardy for sentiment, Iheanacho as he had bloomed late and Ricardo due to his injuries and feeling we've been robbed of him.

Maddison and the other long termers need to go.

Guest Mee-9
1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Smith said they hadn't discussed it at all last week.

So its odd that the taker would change without any further discussion

Exactly my point.

There's bullshit all over the place, even Smith has to be held accountable for his words. He's talking out of his backside, and I feel he doesn't really know what's going on. He's come in ultimately for a huge payday if we stay up, which isn't going to happen. For me Smith reminds me of a supply teacher in a school, comes in, sits at his desk all day, does bob all to control the kids and then leaves at the end of the day £100 richer. 

Maddison took the second penalty ultimately because the first was missed. That isn't the actions of the first choice penalty taker at all. 

1 hour ago, Mee-9 said:

Something telling yesterday that hasn't been spoken about too much.

Dean Smith after the Everton game said Madders is the penalty taker once Iheanacho comes off the pitch. Costs us 3 valuable points. 

Well why did Vardy take the first penalty and miss yesterday? It's clear that whatever Dean Smith said last week was bullshit and a complete lie, and it shows that there was probably this ego issue regarding Maddison taking the penalty off Tielemans was probably right as many of us said last week. 

Shocking. Taking the fans for mugs, and it's ultimately us who suffer. 

omg this is impressively batshit crazy even for FT at a time of high emotion.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

No he's not, he just goes with what the majority on Twitter are saying. The consensus has swung against Maddison and so he's followed. 

.. he wasn't focusing and calling out Maddison,  he was calling out the whole team!!!

He was right, and saying what any other right thinking supporter would have been thinking. He stated if it was not for his contract with Radio Leicester, he would have gone home a long time ago and was particularly upset for the supporters who had travelled all this way to witness the debacle. 

I can't get over his comment about them not being hungry enough! To be honest it all feels very insincere. Him and Youri are off. If they cared they would work their butts off, look at Cags! So disappointed with them, sad way for their time to end here. Two players adored by the fans, now it feels very sour.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Goober said:

He's the last guy at the club that deserves any stick. We'd be challenging Derby's points total without him and he never shirks an interview. 

He's got time left in the season to make up for Everton at home.

I agree, he is the last person who deserves any stick.

He's definitely won us more points than he has lost us.

My only negative is recently it looks like he has given up on his teammates and tries to do to much himself. He knows we rely on him and I think the pressure is getting to him

• Like 4

1 hour ago, beepee1984 said:

I agree, he is the last person who deserves any stick.

He's definitely won us more points than he has lost us.

My only negative is recently it looks like he has given up on his teammates and tries to do to much himself. He knows we rely on him and I think the pressure is getting to him

I'm torn, great player obviously over the years. Maybe will be grateful when the dust settles. But I feel he is contributing to our downfall right now with his own poor form - and I think it is because he was a big fan of Bodger's. I don't think it's coincidence that since Bodger's left, he's been 💩 compared to what we know he can do. And half a madders in our situation is a big contributing factor towards our relegation. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Goober said:

He's the last guy at the club that deserves any stick. We'd be challenging Derby's points total without him and he never shirks an interview. 

He's got time left in the season to make up for Everton at home.

I think he loves an interview and any limelight for that matter. 

10 hours ago, squidsworth said:

I'm torn, great player obviously over the years. Maybe will be grateful when the dust settles. But I feel he is contributing to our downfall right now with his own poor form - and I think it is because he was a big fan of Bodger's. I don't think it's coincidence that since Bodger's left, he's been 💩 compared to what we know he can do. And half a madders in our situation is a big contributing factor towards our relegation. 

As shit as he’s been he’s still managed 3 assists and 1 goal in the past 3 games. Same with Barnes, they’re not playing well but they’re still scoring and creating goals at a rate that should be winning games if we had even a mediocre PL defence and midfield.

He’s far from the problem here and why people have got their knives out for him above all our players, I find a bit baffling when we’ve got such a shambles defence and midfield behind them. He’s the only reason we aren’t cut way adrift at the bottom.

The likes of Faes, Castagne, Thomas/Kristianson, Tielemans, Ndidi, Dewsbury-Hall, Soumare etc. are all far far bigger a reason as to why we’re down there than Maddison or Barnes, but the latter seem to be taking way more flack.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 3

Not sure about this Maddison pile-on.

He's been our best player for some time and without him we'd be relegated already.

We can treat our heroes terribly here at times.

Bad decisions by the management and the board are costing us our place in yhe league at the moment, but we're capable of a reset and a rethink whatever division we're in. And Maddison's sale will provide some much needed cash to help the FFP situation and make that rebuild happen.

He's been here for a while now, won the FA Cup, become an England international, become a father and he'll leave a man approaching the peak of his career.

He's given us some scintillating performances, he's been a breath of fresh air in his interviews (and genuinely insightful) and I'll remember his time here fondly.

We've been down before and we'll be back if we do go down. We've come back from worse situations too. It isn't over yet.

• Like 2