Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

35 minutes ago, Richmondfox said:

He is obviously a quality player but he has directly cost us 5 points when they are needed the most and that’s sticking in people’s minds. 

Oh right, not Wilfred Ndidi laying it off to the opposition then having a party in his own penalty area throwing his hands up to gift wrap the game to the opposition. Having some of the worst tactics in the league by letting a horrific defence be exposed by a non existent midfield game after game. Its the bloke with 10 goals and 9 assists that has directly contributed to numerous of our points on the board over the seasons fault. Missing a penalty suddenly  means the gaps between the defence and midfield are the size of the Grand Canyon and the defence turns into a bunch of Stevie Wonders when it comes to tracking and marking players. I see.. 

37 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Oh right, not Wilfred Ndidi laying it off to the opposition then having a party in his own penalty area throwing his hands up to gift wrap the game to the opposition. Having some of the worst tactics in the league by letting a horrific defence be exposed by a non existent midfield game after game. It’s the bloke with 10 goals and 9 assists that has directly contributed to numerous of our points on the board over the seasons fault. Missing a penalty suddenly  means the gaps between the defence and midfield are the size of the Grand Canyon and the defence turns into a bunch of Stevie Wonders when it comes to tracking and marking players. I see.. 

A lot of gaslighting going on in your post to defend Maddison. 

What you have posted and my post can exist at the same time.

He is supposed to be the quality, it stinks even worse when he makes mistakes that cost us points like the morons around him. 

2 hours ago, Richmondfox said:

A lot of gaslighting going on in your post to defend Maddison. 

What you have posted and my post can exist at the same time.

He is supposed to be the quality, it stinks even worse when he makes mistakes that cost us points like the morons around him. 

How does missing a penalty when we are winning 2-1 equate to it being mainly his fault we dropped 2 points in the game? Last time i checked a missed penalty doesnt give the opposition a goal so we must of defended appallingly to let them equalise? He hasnt played at his top level recently like anyone else in the team but to say he alone is at fault for 5 points lost is hilarious

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Royston. said:

He could run around all game with his thumb up ãrse, he'd still be our best player.

I feel this sums up LCFC to be honest. I don't think these poor performances would be accepted at many other clubs, but here any excuse under the sun for the supposed 'class' act. Its the same nonsense that was spouted about Rodgers being 'elite' and made him untouchable for so long. I think Liverpool can't wait to defend against him tomorrow. If he gets the ball and holds it, they know they can get back in numbers. Even if he wins one of his dives, they know the free kicks will be shocking. They know that a least half the corners will be shocking. 

And if Liverpool go 3-0 up, then Klopp will probably enjoy Maddison turning up once the pressure is off.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

How does missing a penalty when we are winning 2-1 equate to it being mainly his fault we dropped 2 points in the game? Last time i checked a missed penalty doesnt give the opposition a goal so we must of defended appallingly to let them equalise? He hasnt played at his top level recently like anyone else in the team but to say he alone is at fault for 5 points lost is hilarious

The match situation psychologically is very different at 3-1 than 2-1

• Like 3

On 14/05/2023 at 08:52, Sampson said:

Dunno how people can say “Maddison has not actually been that good for us” with a straight face, but people are just in their knives out mode for Maddison right now. They’ll calm down in a few years.

Read this thread just before Mahrez left when people had their knives out for Mahrez and you’ll find all the same things about Mahrez that people are saying about Maddison now - he’s overrated, living off a good 6 months in the title season, had 6 good games in the previous 2 years, never shows up when it matters, we’re better without him etc.

This was after that Claude Puel season where we had zero creativity and it was only Vardy and Mahrez’ individual moments of greatness that dragged us to midtable as well

Nice to see my post on the first page 04/05/18.

I feel like nothings changed -

If he goes I think we'll undersell him. I can't see anybody bidding £60mill for him.

Sad because he is a great player and I don't think we'll replace him. Add in our manager situation and I'm not feeling positive at all.

The way I would put it is this. Anyone can make a mistake - including James Maddison. But …that penalty had to go in. Any top class player knows that and they make sure it does go in. Southgate’s reservations about him are right there - he has the self belief to take a crucial penalty but not the accomplishment to make sure he scores. Of course we’ll never know what might have been different - but had we gone in 3-1 up we have a better chance of three points whilst denying Everton any. If we get that then the Fulham game is easier to handle. It is at these moments you need your best players to step up and deliver - not fall back to the mediocrity of their teammates. I’d say exactly the same about Vardy s pen v Fulham though the outcome of the match was less likely to revolve around it than Everton.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, smudgerfox said:

The way I would put it is this. Anyone can make a mistake - including James Maddison. But …that penalty had to go in. Any top class player knows that and they make sure it does go in. Southgate’s reservations about him are right there - he has the self belief to take a crucial penalty but not the accomplishment to make sure he scores. Of course we’ll never know what might have been different - but had we gone in 3-1 up we have a better chance of three points whilst denying Everton any. If we get that then the Fulham game is easier to handle. It is at these moments you need your best players to step up and deliver - not fall back to the mediocrity of their teammates. I’d say exactly the same about Vardy s pen v Fulham though the outcome of the match was less likely to revolve around it than Everton.

The thing is with that penalty is you’re right if that goes in we go on to win, and I think convincingly. Everton are as bad as us for collapsing. For me, the issue is the mentality when we miss it, from the whole team. It wasn’t an awful penalty like kermagant trying to chip it at Cardiff (Still hate him because at least waghorn put his laces through it and missed)  and if Pickford dives it goes in but he had done his research.

I'm a big Maddison fan but I also think he has his faults, and this is probably what Southgate see’s. For me, Maddison form will be dictated by himself and mental state. I feel like he self criticises his self/game. I think he really does care and feels it’s on him to step up and make things happen because he’s the best player (which he is) but that self pressure is making him try ‘too hard’ and it’s making him subconsciously make poor decisions like hang on to it too long. Maybe when he goes on to a top club they will manage that side out of him because when he just plays without pressure he’s one of the best in the league.

Everybody is calling for Youri to be dropped, could be worth switching him a bit deeper and playing Youri in the 10 to take some pressure off of him

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

How anyone defends this guy, every game he’s going to keep the ball for too long and slip on his arse. He sheds his tears and strops around looking miserable yet offers no actual fight. Get gone.

Become so easy to defend against. Going nowhere all the time. Useless. 

2 minutes ago, Yes N'Didi said:

Taking the piss out of the fans after the final whistle - pointing and giving thumbs up to the corner. Leave him out of the squad - he doesn’t care anymore. 

Probably a 'thanks and goodbye' moment, as will probably be 'too ill' to play on the final day..

Edited by Wymsey