Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

To be honest I don't think the lad quite has the mentality, none of this squad does, they some up the pathetic mentality where they believe their own hype but consistently fail to turn up and deliver. 

I don't mind the team not being good enough collectively, what bothers me is watching them going through the motions at 2-0 down. No effort, no fight! You have to fight, to challenge to make a difference. 

13 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

**** sake though, this is what's wrong todays generation. He got booed, boo hoo! Needs to get a ****ing grip and grow a pair. He's delivered sub par performances for the last 3 months the lad ain't gonna be getting an ovation when he slow jogs over at 3-0 down. If his mentallity is that pathetic, he ain't ever gonna make it! 

God forbid these people actually had to live a real life on a real wage! ****ing tough...my arse!

Why would you boo your own player taking a corner? What a weird thing to do

Our downfall has coincided with building everything around him and making him undroppable. He was pathetic today, but no worse than we have seen since the World Cup. In the first half he had an opportunity to release Vardy, but held the ball. Vardy was visibly pi55ed off. Playing for himself. Second half he had some almost comical moments going round in circles. Awful.

I suspect he’s crocked now. It’s almost like he has dartitis. Not as good as he thinks he is. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

They may have been boos, I didn’t hear them but I did see/hear a heck of a lot of fans clapping him.

8 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

His entire excellence revolved around short, quick movements. Quickly playing the ball, beating a man and releasing etc etc. He seems to just not want to release it at all, few times he's just twirled back into trouble. 

Because when he gets the ball very quickly there's 2/3 players on him, no one is there to give him the options. He's a good player playing with crap players imo

• Like 2

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

Because when he gets the ball very quickly there's 2/3 players on him, no one is there to give him the options. He's a good player playing with crap players imo

Excuses. Defenders know how to play him and surround him once he holds the ball. In the first half at 0-0 he had the perfect opportunity to release Vardy but chose to hold on to the ball, went sideways and was promptly tackled with Vardy flapping his arms in the air in dismay. This wasn’t good player stuff, it was selfish and arrogant. Numerous times in the second half it was almost laughable how he just went around in circles. He’s poor, really poor. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Good players should drag lesser players through. 

I agree though that we are so reliant on him that it's made it difficult for him and we don't do enough to get him the ball in the best areas. 

However his on the pitch antics wind people up when we want to see fight and determination to get points. 

Clearly a good player who would thrive around better players when he doesn't have to worry about the rest of the team. But he is so soft it's unreal. 

You can sew why Southgate isn't so keen.

It’s very debatable now whether any rich 6 side would want any of our assets after witnessing them downing tools like they have done, or in the case of Ndidi forgetting how to play football.

For Maddison, in the pressure moments in the run in unfortunately he’s mostly shat his pants - just look at the Bournemouth and Everton games where he single handedly cost at least 4 points (or probably the difference between staying up and going down). No mentality there at all. He’s also got a very questionable injury record with that dodgy hip of his. Is a club fighting at the end really going to pay big money for him? They might do because they’ll get a discount in our car boot sale as he’s got a year left.

Is his seeming reluctance to release the ball simply because there’s no one to pass to? Our players seem to spend much of there time standing around watching, maybe even hiding and not wanting the ball, rather that making themselves available.

We see the same thing for throw ins where no one seems to actually want to make themselves available to receive.

It will be interesting to see how he develops if he goes to a bigger club with more talented players around him. He looked pretty good playing for England.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

9 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

His entire excellence revolved around short, quick movements. Quickly playing the ball, beating a man and releasing etc etc. He seems to just not want to release it at all, few times he's just twirled back into trouble. 

because it's the James Maddison show. **** the team, the team doesn't matter, all that matters is his highlight reel.

**** him off now

• Like 2

Needs to play in a side that gets the ball to him in the final third, that ain’t us and hasn’t been since Rodgers went 433. He should not be playing currently in this battle, we need strength and power not pirouettes!

19 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Excuses. Defenders know how to play him and surround him once he holds the ball. In the first half at 0-0 he had the perfect opportunity to release Vardy but chose to hold on to the ball, went sideways and was promptly tackled with Vardy flapping his arms in the air in dismay. This wasn’t good player stuff, it was selfish and arrogant. Numerous times in the second half it was almost laughable how he just went around in circles. He’s poor, really poor. 

Because he's trying to do too much, I'm not saying he's at his best, but at least he's having a go, because there's many in that side that aren't. He will be decent with better players around him.

Just now, splinterdream said:

Because he's trying to do too much, I'm not saying he's at his best, but at least he's having a go, because there's many in that side that aren't. He will be decent with better players around him.

Honestly had I read this 4 months ago, I'd have completely agreed with you. 

But since the WC, he has been just a culpable as the rest, yes he may have better technical ability, but he's made the same mistakes as someone with half it.

If you go back to Everton, where he's played the ball quicker a few times (the vardy goal, then hitting the bar) we've created opportunities.

I fully accept not every time he receives the ball will lead to that opportunity, but yesterday the number of times he does have a release pass or even an opportunity to ping it over for a run and he's taken the decision to spin back into traffic and lost the ball. 

Made me laugh when Youri has clearly told Maddison to track a runner, he then hasn't, and watched Youri chase the man whilst clearly waving his arm at Maddison in disgust.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Trying to do too much is no different to not being good enough. When you don't play through balls to a striker who would be one on one you are making the wrong choices to the determent of everything. The best players make the right choices when it matters. He can no longer do that.

And i i ask this, is Maddison trying too hard because he wants the team to get a result, or does he want to be the one that saves the day? He's clearly a de-stabling influence within the team right now, and its not lost on me that we looked our best against Wolves without him in the side. Drop for Newcastle.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Bert said:

From the top of L1 it seemed he’d made some sort of gesture and the lads over there didn’t seem very happy. 

He stuck the flying Vs up at us, twice.

Ben Marshall was exiled for less.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

I dont agree with booing a player personally, but people do it, players need to be strong enough to deal with that if they are on 100k a week.

People say and do stuff all the time in heated moments, you can dwell too much on it. 

• Like 1