Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

11 minutes ago, Onions said:

3 goals, 5 assists in 15 games since the World Cup. 

10 goals, 9 assists in 28 games overall. 

This idea that he’s been poor is staggering, when our defenders have allowed 65 and people blame Amartey or Ward only 🤦‍♂️

I dare you not to include those goals in the Fulham game that happened once we were out of the game and they were largely mucking around.  

Just now, Chelmofox said:

I dare you not to include those goals in the Fulham game that happened once we were out of the game and they were largely mucking around.  

Goals are goals to be fair. 

Can't include some and not others. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Ok. So he has 17 in 29. How dreadful. 

Those ‘mucking around’ goals have increased our GD vs Everton and could be vital next week. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

When stats are used to prove a point, you also have to be able cast a critical eye over them. Using 2 goals and an assist when we were already beaten heavily to prove someone has done a job for us it just bad use of stats.

1 goal 1 assist, it was Barnes who scored 2. 

12 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

What a ridiculous post. So when Haalands making it 6-0 for Man City they dont count because the opposition isn't trying anymore? 🤣

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Onions said:

1 goal 1 assist, it was Barnes who scored 2. 

So, much less significant since the world cup, where the stats are largely bunched up to the Spurs and Villa games. The drop off in overall performance since the world cup is the biggest concern here.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Honestly, regardless of league, regardless of his Twitter, we need to sell him this summer

I don’t think he’ll ever reach the heights he and others think he will, because he’s made of glass. Cash in on him before he ends up being another asset we make £0 on.

Its alright selling him but i have no confidence in us buying anyone to replace or if we do that they will be any better then the last 2 yrs signings who mostly sit on the bench !

2 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

What a ridiculous post. So when Haalands making it 6-0 for Man City they dont count because the opposition isn't trying anymore? 🤣

I never said goals / contributions don't count.  But they are relative and need to be taken into context.  We needed performances when it really mattered, and they've not been there since the world cup. I don't think anyone will dispute what Maddison has done for us historically, but there have been clear issues this calendar year.

Haaland's goals are in context of an all-time record. Maddison's from the selected period boost a pretty paltry tally based on racking them up in a game that was already gone.

Our 1 win 14 was without him.

I'm not even saying he's shit but I'm disputing this 'carrying' narrative. It's just simply not the case anymore.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

Haaland's goals are in context of an all-time record. Maddison's from the selected period boost a pretty paltry tally based on racking them up in a game that was already gone.

Our 1 win 14 was without him.

I'm not even saying he's shit but I'm disputing this 'carrying' narrative. It's just simply not the case anymore.

The worst thing is, he could have but clearly can’t be arsed.

41 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

When stats are used to prove a point, you also have to be able cast a critical eye over them. Using 2 goals and an assist when we were already beaten heavily to prove someone has done a job for us it just bad use of stats.

This is a strange post considering that if a miracle was to happen and we were to stay up, there is a very real possibility that it would be goal differance that does it.