Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

7 minutes ago, Scotch said:

This is a strange post considering that if a miracle was to happen and we were to stay up, there is a very real possibility that it would be goal differance that does it. 

That is a spot of straw clutching, when you consider the dodgy back passes that led to lost games and missed penalty........

Edited by Chelmofox

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

we can't get relegated tonight but yea you wouldn't be surprised lol 

Needs to be injured tonight so it looks better for him to be also injured on Sunday so he doesn't have to be in the pictures

:ph34r:

• Like 2

I can see it being tactical to be honest. 

Pack the midfield and defence with more defensive players, park the bus and smash it longer to faster players. 

No real need for him. Not gonna lie, probably wouldn't be the worst plan. 

Obviously I hope its because we've agreed to sell him to them in exchange for them rolling over and giving us three points that Everton will complain about forever but yknow. 

Just now, Finnegan said:

Pack the midfield and defence with more defensive players, park the bus and smash it longer to faster players. 

Obviously I hope its because we've agreed to sell him to them in exchange for them rolling over and giving us three points that Everton will complain about forever but yknow. 

Do you think he reads this forum?

Just now, Grebfromgrebland said:

Just so we're clear which of Madisons goals count and which do not.  

I didn't realise this was such a thing.  Also is this exclusive to Madison or does this apply to other players too? 

Matty Fryatts penos never counted tbf

• Like 1

Madders is a good player, but he's not really got any defensive responsibility in our team.

It will be interesting to see how he performs for Newcastle under Eddie Howe in his midfield 3 who all really put in a defensive shift and are all physically stronger than Madders.

I can't see him fitting in their front 3 because he doesn't have the pace to stretch the game like their current starters.

Anyone seen Minority Report? Plot is about people being punished for their crimes before they've committed them.

Now if Maddison  DOES pull out tonight with a lame excuse or play like a cockwomble then he deserves pelters. Until then, let's hope he turns up and puts a shift in.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wymsey said:

Do you think he reads this forum?

If I had to make a list of the players most likely to check social media to see what's being said about them, Madders would rank pretty high. 

But I highly doubt any of them pour over the place looking for chat about themselves. It'd drive you insane to be honest, especially in a year like this. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gravel said:

Anyone seen Minority Report? Plot is about people being punished for their crimes before they've committed them.

Now if Maddison  DOES pull out tonight with a lame excuse or play like a cockwomble then he deserves pelters. Until then, let's hope he turns up and puts a shift in.

We have enough cockwombles in the team,  they should play this at home against WestHam if they lose since it would be quite fitting, Christ,  the video does remind me of the team this season....

7 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

That is a spot of straw clutching, when you consider the dodgy back passes that led to lost games and missed penalty........

It's in no way a reach. If it comes down to goal difference, we will stay up and the fact that he's contributed to more goals than anyone else will obviously have played a massive part. Regardless if it was pre/post WC, consolation goals or game winners. 

• Like 1

Just now, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

What’s all this latest hoo haa about with Maddison? I’ve tried to look but struggling to see…

Someone on here says he's apparently not playing.

But, around an hour later, Maddison puts an image of him being ready to play later in a Leicester shirt.

Some people then suspect he is reading this thread due to his Instagram post timing.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Just so we're clear which of Madisons goals count and which do not.  

I didn't realise this was such a thing.  Also is this exclusive to Madison or does this apply to other players too? 

I'm not harping on about goals 'counting'. Just pushing back when those stats are used as some sort of proof that he is carrying the team, when our only win in 14 was the game when he was off sick. They need to be taken into context, that's all. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Pack the midfield and defence with more defensive players, park the bus and smash it longer to faster players

If that is the tactic, I can imagine the following happening:

a) we aim the ball towards the area where lanky Dan Burn loiters

b) we aim the ball there, and don't get enough on it so he has a field day winning headers against the smaller Vardy/Daka/Iheanacho

c) we launch the balls too far forward so Pope has a field day just collecting with ease

d) we eventually get the perfect ball over the top for Vardy to latch on to and score, only for VAR to rule it out for offside by the finest of margins.

e) a packed midfield/defence is still beaten, and the only time the 'smash it long' tactic works is when we're 4-0 down and the game is over.

or all of the above lol 

• Like 2