Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

24 minutes ago, tomtom said:

Why the **** are our fans so bitter towards anyone who eventually moves away or shows a sign of wanting to, even to those who have been great for us.

Same nonsense was spouted about Mahrez 

Madders has been great for us and we'll miss him massively, 

Hopefully he goes out tonight and puts on a star performance for us.... even if it is too late

Although Kante, Mahrez, Chilwell, Maguire, Fofana 'engineered' (Or preempted in Kante's case) their moves they were at the top of their games, they deserved their moves (hmmm, not so much Fofana, he was out injured).

I've got far more respect for those than I ever will for Maddison and Tielemans. These are players who have been in squads that failed to get CL, twice, bottled the ELC of which they were only in because the failed in the EL, yet, they both have delusions they think they deserve to play for a 'top' club, in 'top' competitions. Yeah they won the FA Cup, Tielemans scoring the goal but i'm sorry, the things i've listed added with far more sub standard perfomances than good outweigh 1 game.

Get out our club, you're welcome to a 'top' clubs bench.

14 minutes ago, tomtom said:

Why the **** are our fans so bitter towards anyone who eventually moves away or shows a sign of wanting to, even to those who have been great for us.

Hopefully he goes out tonight and puts on a star performance for us.... even if it is too late

The reason I'm slightly bitter is because the logic has always been, how can anybody challenge for a European place if teams outside keep selling their best players and right now it could be argued that Newcastle have over achieved just like we had. One great season in over 10 years. We don't know if Newcastle could spend badly then crash and burn, spend the next few years hovering around mid table or win the league. So right now, Newcastle only feels like a good option because they're safe and in the champions league. Granted we're in a mess but it's not like a step up like if he joined Arsenal or Mahrez joining Man City, Kante joining Chelsea ect.

I'm happy for players to move on if they naturally leave and want to progress their career and I genuinely don't think a move to Newcastle would. That and the fact there's no way the likes of Bruno would stand for his ball greedy tendencies.

Just my opinion of course and that's even if he ends up there.

3 hours ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

Apparently he’s not playing tonight. It has to be said what a complete letdown he’s been since the World Cup. Brittle mentality and I’m starting to doubt whether he’ll become the top quality star his ego indicates he thinks he already is

It happened with Chilwell didn’t it, went away with England after a good start to the season and then went to absolute white after getting tapped up and basically agreeing a move to Chelsea. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

About the same as every other one of the **** ups the team has done throughout the season really?

Well no not really. It was against the team we're most in competition with to stay up. Would have us a point ahead going into the final day lol

5 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Well no not really. It was against the team we're most in competition with to stay up. Would have us a point ahead going into the final day lol

It’s a different game if the penalty goes in though. Everton battered us that game and the only reason we didn’t lose about 7-2 was because of Iversen and a couple of misses where it was easier to score . I’m not convinced Everton wouldn’t have scored a 3rd if they needed to go for it even more.

I think the Bournemouth error was a more decisive one.

Btw reading through some of the posts from last night now and some of the conspiracy theories and attacks on him about him supposedly faking a broken toe are utterly embarrassing and borderline nasty and slander. At least wait until the lineups and see if a player is genuinely out injured until you start accusing players of faking injuries which they haven’t claimed they have.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 4

37 minutes ago, Sampson said:

It’s a different game if the penalty goes in though. Everton battered us that game and the only reason we didn’t lose about 7-2 was because of Iversen and a couple of misses where it was easier to score . I’m not convinced Everton wouldn’t have scored a 3rd if they needed to go for it even more.

I think the Bournemouth error was a more decisive one.

Btw reading through some of the posts from last night now and some of the conspiracy theories and attacks on him about him supposedly faking a broken toe are utterly embarrassing and borderline nasty and slander. At least wait until the lineups and see if a player is genuinely out injured until you start accusing players of faking injuries which they haven’t claimed they have.

I'm not having a go for it. Just saying. 

6 hours ago, Sampson said:

Yep.

FT at its very best, that was.

2 minutes ago, AmyLGK said:

Cause he's going to be playing for a top 6 club in a few weeks

Hope he's still our player if/when he does play in the 2 games. I suspect any move will be confirmed on 1st July or after.

On 22/05/2023 at 18:03, tomtom said:

I agree. Maddison’s has by and large been one think to be positive about this season. He can’t do it on his own. The whole squad has collectively failed this season. 

I wish him well when he goes, he helped deliver the FA cup which I will forever be grateful. 

He’s a quality player, and I’d like to see him go onto and develop into one of the best in the league. 

It also looks good for us when these players leave for big money, shows progression and that’s what will convince players to join in the future….. just a shame those behind the scene have screwed up.