Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

Thought he had a good game today. Too little too late mind. I have no bad feeling towards him to be fair. He's been a fantastic player for us. Some of his interviews, comments and performances have been questionable at times but he's also been our best player for much of the season. Other people at the club have let us down way more than Madders

We were just part of his journey, never his final destination. As long as players put it in for the team I understand this. At times Madders did. At others he didn’t. 

Anyway, I said when we missed CL the second time that this is what would happen.  Took some stick for that, but it was inevitable continuing the way we have. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lcfc043 said:

The record fee received  for a “Championship” player is £41m - Ake from Bournemouth to Man City. Got to be more than that and Barnes should be close too. 

The thing is our leverage isn’t great. Everyone knows we’ll likely HAVE to sell to be able to bring in some new players.  It’s a race against time in that regard too so come the start of the season we aren’t ill prepared. 

Will be glad to never see him in a Leicester shirt again, especially if we get 40+ million for him.

He's been gash since the world cup and, under pressure, turned to Twitter spats and gestures to his own fans. The epitomy of the Rodgers era in one player - pretty at times but with zero backbone and no B-game when muscled out.

Child.

• Like 1

Guest Mee-9
3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Plenty of other players that cost us too. 

Can't just pin it on him. 

But he is one of the main culprits.

His comments to the media all season have been a disgrace. Hope he’s writing an apology to Rob Tanner right now, but then again he’s probably crossing the ts on his Newcastle contract.

Just now, shailen said:

He's a great player but not someone you'd want in our situation. Genuinely think he'll struggle in the championship as it's full throttle in your face football. 

Utter bollocks. We signed him on the back of his performances for Championship Norwich.

• Like 1

Just now, Mee-9 said:

But he is one of the main culprits.

His comments to the media all season have been a disgrace. Hope he’s writing an apology to Rob Tanner right now, but then again he’s probably crossing the ts on his Newcastle contract.

For me there are bigger culprits. 

But each to their own. That penalty miss was huge. We could have done so much more before that moment in other games. 

Just now, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Utter bollocks. We signed him on the back of his performances for Championship Norwich.

You think he's the same player now as he was then? He's more refined now but there's no way he gets the space and time as you sometimes do in the Premier league. 

• Like 1

Guest Mee-9
1 minute ago, StanSP said:

For me there are bigger culprits. 

But each to their own. That penalty miss was huge. We could have done so much more before that moment in other games. 

I would agree. But he needs calling out for his attitude. 

Best player we have, but ultimately not the leader or big game player we needed, came up short too often in the last 2 seasons and for the amount of the ball he got he did very little, some magic moments but often when we needed him to show his quality with a simple pass to retain possession or calm the game down, he would try to take on multiple players for no reason and land us back in trouble. 
Really good player, but ultimately he seemed to play like his feet were magic wands, and although they can be at times, not consistent enough to be considered a top top player, he will get a top 6 move, but I doubt he will hit the heights we all hoped he would. 

Wish him luck, sad that it did not work out how we all hoped 2-3 seasons ago when he was a real raw talent. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, lcfc043 said:

The record fee received  for a “Championship” player is £41m - Ake from Bournemouth to Man City. Got to be more than that and Barnes should be close too. 

It wasn't long ago I was saying average players were commanding fees of £30m.

Talk of £50m for Barnes, Maddison even more.

Inflation ah? Bloody hell.