Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

I’m on record as saying that I would have been trying pretty hard to move him on this summer. I don’t think he’s as good as a number of our fans seem to think he is.

But on a human level, he’s got a newborn child at home: it is draining. Disrupted sleep plays havoc with your body’s ability to function properly - I was relatively fit before we had our first but could barely run 500m for weeks afterwards. We’ve seen it with Vardy, Tielemans, Nugent and others in the past - performance does seem to drop off when players’ partners have babies.

Perhaps that puts his form this season into some context. Although it doesn’t explain 0 goals and 0 assists in the 14 games since he came back from injury.

Guest Col city fan

I’m convinced it’s his hip

He just doesn’t look like he wants to run, twist and turn like he does.

It’s looking a bloody shame we couldn’t sell him

31 minutes ago, majaco said:

We need to get behind Maddison.   He will come good very soon

I´m sorry but I don´t think he will. He is lightweight and doesn´t seem to have his heart in it. Today was the day to show hos former fans what we was about - and he just went completely missing. He may have too high thoughts of himself and seems to be unable to buckle down and do the hard work. So for me its not going to happen.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, majaco said:

We need to get behind Maddison.   He will come good very soon

How long have we been saying that though?  I`ve been saying it myself, but there comes a time when you have to bench him, and give someone else a chance.

• Like 1

KDH looks around me the option right now because he doesn’t look like he’ll break every time someone touches him. I reckon Youri has had enough of having nobody reliable in front of him for a while.

Dunno what Praet is doing either to upset BR but can he be any worse than what we’re seeing at the moment 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 minute ago, Criggers said:

KDH looks around me the option right now because he doesn’t look like he’ll break every time someone touches him. I reckon Youri has had enough of having nobody reliable in front of him for a while.

Dunno what Praet is doing either to upset BR but can he be any worse than what we’re seeing at the moment 🤷🏻‍♂️

Agree, he has to start playing KDH and Praet

I’m convinced he’ll be done before he turns 28.

His hip is a chronic issue, it won’t go away and it’s clearly stopping him from fulfilling any potential he has. It can be managed to prolong his career but I just don’t think it’ll allow him to play sport at such a high level for more than a few years. 

I think he knows this and the cynic in me thinks that his elaborate interviews that gain social media attention are him trying to get a TV gig in a few years time for when he can’t play anymore :ph34r: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He always looked like an excited kid to be playing in the Premier league and loved everything about football - playing, learning, talking about it. I don't get that vibe from him now? Something is going on with him, either physical, mental or both!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hales said:

He always looked like an excited kid to be playing in the Premier league and loved everything about football - playing, learning, talking about it. I don't get that vibe from him now? Something is going on with him, either physical, mental or both!

Seems the money and fame has got to him a bit… he certainly doesn’t look like the dedicated player we bought 

Get the feeling he wanted the Arsenal move, big money and all be it a bigger club, he’s seen his best mates move to Chelsea and Man City on what is crazy money and probably wants a slice of that life, he’s very much an enigma as you never know what performance you are gonna get from him