Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

Simply cannot start any longer. I’ve been on record for a while that I believe he is a luxury player, that’s not to say he can’t be useful in a squad, it’s just my belief that he is not as good as he could have been. His value is steadily decreasing as he gets more exposed, he’s nowhere near being picked for England and I think he is starting to realise that now. For me, he’s a higher calibre Paul Gallagher - minus the penalty taking ability. 

We’ve been playing a 4-2-3-1 in possession and a 4-4-2 without the ball, tbh I’d rather start Iheanacho at the minute if we are going to continue with this set up. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Collymore said:

He needs to be dropped 100%. When he's fully fit he's amazing. Quite frankly he's been abysmal so far. 

Watching him today, he was slow, going sideways, backwards. Slowing the play down, definitely didn't look fit and should be dropped.

55 minutes ago, mannyzlcfc said:

I know someone who works at Norwich, overheard Maddison talking to his mum and girlfriend in hospitality saying he's still got a problem with his hip. 

If true, why the bloodyhell is he playing?

It doesn't help his profile, it doesn't help his return to fitness, and it sure as hell doesn't help us. 

He looks miles off it. If it's because of his hip that at least gives me some confidence he can one day return to previous form, but just sit it out until 100% fit. It makes zero sense to play him through injury. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

If true, why the bloodyhell is he playing?

It doesn't help his profile, it doesn't help his return to fitness, and it sure as hell doesn't help us. 

He looks miles off it. If it's because of his hip that at least gives me some confidence he can one day return to previous form, but just sit it out until 100% fit. It makes zero sense to play him through injury. 

Because of this,is Why I would like him to play from the bench...Until he builds up Match Fitness & strength.

Agree Maddison really needs to be dropped. He is pulling the team back while other players who can do a better job are sitting on the bench: KDH looked good when he came on; Praet not getting a lookin when he did so well first half of last year; Nachos who was our top scorer last year and who can also provide more firepower upfront with Vardy and can also linkup well (yet we still play lone striker!); Daka who can also play on the wings … and look how well Gray is doing at Everton now.

It is crazy one player can be so stuck in Rodgers’ mind, sacrificing others and the team. 

Mind you, I actually think Maddison has been better and a lot more humble. A useful player indeed when he can play in that advanced no. 10 role behind TWO strikers (like we tried in pre-season), but the formation does not suit him at the moment playing as a second striker or on the wings at times.

Guest Danny Clender

Perhaps he's found his level with us now?

I wonder if he can get any better with us?

I know the purist answer is "just be less shit", but does anyone have any thoughts of how he can improve his game and become more shitless?

2 hours ago, Danny Clender said:

Perhaps he's found his level with us now?

I wonder if he can get any better with us?

I know the purist answer is "just be less shit", but does anyone have any thoughts of how he can improve his game and become more shitless?

Dedicate his life to being a top class footballer it’s clear he isn’t as dedicated as others 

Guest Danny Clender
29 minutes ago, King of Gipsy Lane said:

Dedicate his life to being a top class footballer it’s clear he isn’t as dedicated as others 

I mean, yes, it's part of the game, but I wouldn't say that not being as dedicated as others is clear, Rodgers has always said how dedicated he is to improving and learning, Maddison has said this a lot too. 

But from his form, then perhaps yes. 

Tactically? 

It’s really incredible how much this fan base has turned on Maddison since the Covid party, it seems Barnes has gotten away with it despite being just as bad in the last couple of games. 

He’s playing really poorly no doubt about it, but the amount of people that have written him off is mental, he’d walk into the staring line up of most teams in the division. He’s struggling no doubt about it, but why are some people on here taking it as a personal attack? Give him more than 3 games and some time to get back to full fitness and stop abusing one of our best players you don’t like his rucksack.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, kiwiturk said:

There are many good players (Gray, Under etc )sacrificed for him and he has provided a little in return for that faith.

He is clearly out of form ( again) and shouldn't have been start in first XI.

lol must be a cov fan in disguise 

• Like 1

Rodgers went with Maddison over Praet when both were returning from injuries.

You can understand why given how well Maddison was playing before he got injured. But he didn't perform as well when he returned. 

Given his ceiling, along with Barnes' potential, you can see why he still wants to stick with them as the more games they play, the more sharpness and confidence they can build. 

He's sticking with Maddison again but at some point soon with Ihenacho and Soumare as high quality alternatives, he's going to have switch things up unless Maddison rediscovers his form. Also, Perez and Maddison in the same team against more physical sides like West Ham is asking for trouble. 

Edited by lcfc_forever
  • Like 3