Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

'We're limited' – Brendan Rodgers makes Leicester City transfer admission

On 24/09/2020 at 10:34, Fox92 said:

Not effecting the big clubs though.

Which is probably more the point. Puel said we can't compete with those when he was here, as Cardiff said above he got abused for that, and I think this is what Rodgers means.

How can we be limited despite making about 200m in transfers? Surely that money is somewhere? We haven't spent all of it.

We are clearly using player sales to subsidise wages. Those £140k contracts have to be paid somehow.

57 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

We are clearly using player sales to subsidise wages. Those £140k contracts have to be paid somehow.

Income covers the wages pretty much, but there won't be huge amounts of cash floating about spare after that. So it's player sales funding player purchase. I think we're something (roughly) like £300m in and £300m out. 

22 minutes ago, Corky said:

Next summer is huge- we can move people off the wage bill who aren't required and a couple of older players will leave too.

I'm getting hard just thinking about it. I'm just wondering who will leave next summer, I think one big star will go again. I can't see past Ricardo atm, not if he doesn't sign a new contract and he comes back well from his injury.

29 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I'm getting hard just thinking about it. I'm just wondering who will leave next summer, I think one big star will go again. I can't see past Ricardo atm, not if he doesn't sign a new contract and he comes back well from his injury.

Soyuncu if not Pereira. Depending on how Pereira looks I think we're actually alright now until the next big breakthrough. If Pereira isnt the same player i can see him and Ndidi being seen as too big a risk injury-wise for a big sale now. Obviously they could just not sign new deals and walk though. Vardy too old, Maddison not good enough. After that depends on how Barnes comes along really.

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I have a feeling it may be Maddison.

33 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Soyuncu if not Pereira. Depending on how Pereira looks I think we're actually alright now until the next big breakthrough. If Pereira isnt the same player i can see him and Ndidi being seen as too big a risk injury-wise for a big sale now. Obviously they could just not sign new deals and walk though. Vardy too old, Maddison not good enough. After that depends on how Barnes comes along really.

7 minutes ago, Corky said:

I have a feeling it may be Maddison.

I did think Maddison, we'll probably miss him the least out of everyone, same with Chilwell.

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Could be a summer where one doesn’t as so much will become free from wages? No need to cash in and can promise more funds/wages 

On 24/09/2020 at 20:01, Heymister2015 said:

We’ll be even more limited if we don’t invest and finish bottom half. We need a winger nearly as urgent as cb! If under or Barnes get injured we’re back to Perez who isn’t a winger or albrighton who isn’t a professional footballer 

Where does that leave you..!!!

Another who cant Pick a player..

On 24/09/2020 at 22:57, urban fox said:

I think that you will find that actually he is. In the strict sense he earns his living as a footballer therefore he is a professional. In the wider sense he is what most people would describe as a model professional, does what is demanded of him, doesn’t whinge or moan, cause trouble or disruption. Everyone is entitled to their opinion on players, and maybe he is no longer our best option under the current system but such ridiculous statements about someone who is a club legend is totally uncalled for. This is a player who has a premier league winners medal, scored our first ever CL goal and then the one that secured us a place in the QF of that competition. Time to finish your homework and get to bed.

Post of the month..!!

• Like 4