Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
waylander

Rodgers due respect

It is an interesting footnote through history if you look through the LC annals of managerial win ratio and top at the moment is one BR. Pearson comes close but most of his games were in the lower divisions so probably that knocks down the relative achievement level a bit.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

The same senior players who Rodgers has found it very easy to work with, who bought into his vision straight away, has got fabulous results with, making him the best performing manager (results wise) in our history?

The players were not the big problem during Puel's tenure.

Had he worked with them rather than pursuing his own flawed and stubborn ways, he could easily have found some success.

That's what really frustrated me - he had no flexibility, he wanted to move on all the immortals, he could have made few simple tweaks to keep players on board but his way of working alienated him from players, the backroom team and other club staff. The way certain people (players and otherwise) were treated by him was an utter disgrace and it leaves a bitter taste.

I wanted him (as with every manager) to be successful because that means the team I support is doing well.

Only had himself to blame for his own downfall.

And when he did subsequent interviews he said he "wouldn't change anything" about how he did things with us, that tells you plenty about his mentality.

That bit you quoted wasn't my view but in a wider piece about the perception of the club when we were looking to appoint before choosing Puel.

I've no doubt Puel alienated a lot of people.

• Like 1

We have had a few managers who have been able to work with existing talent within our squad.

This is the first manager for a while who I feel can build a team of 11 quality players mixing existing and new, young and old.

The respect the players seem to have for him says a lot.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, STUHILL said:

I've wanted Rodgers here for ages, but even I wouldn't have predicted he would be this good for us

Feels like he joined us at exactly the right time though and with the new training ground, stadium expansion and a very talented squad at his disposal, I can see him here for at least another couple of years and likely beyond that if Top continues to give him decent support in the transfer market and we continue to finish inside the top 6. 

There will be some bumps along the way and patches of poor results and form, but I hope by now, fans have seen enough of him to know that he is a good fit for us and more often than not, he gets things right. It really feels like he is building something very special here and we are a joy to watch and support. 

What a time to be a Leicester fan! :scarf:

Basically exact same as my feelings when he was at Celtic, European results aside.

• Like 1

On 26/01/2021 at 10:45, urban.spaceman said:

This didn't go down well with some folk.

Great trolling of Celtic fans by Celtic FC. lol

I particularly liked the understated "miss him every day" responses......largely sarcasm, I presume, but not 100% sure given league position.

Perhaps LCFC could follow suit and wish happy birthday to Harry Maguire, Riyad Mahrez or some other esteemed ex-employee......such as Dennis Wise? :whistle: 

Thought he got it right bringing soyuncu on in the second half and changing formation. As Leeds were getting in far too easily. Can’t understand why he didn’t bring nacho on. Chasing the game and the 1 striker we have available to bring on. Just hope we don’t have a second half collapse like last season. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Thought he got it right bringing soyuncu on in the second half and changing formation. As Leeds were getting in far too easily. Can’t understand why he didn’t bring nacho on. Chasing the game and the 1 striker we have available to bring on. Just hope we don’t have a second half collapse like last season. 

I think had Timmy not had to go off we might have seen him.

Ultimately, playing 3 at the back was probably more impactful at the time than swapping Perez for Nacho, and then you're never going to see the third sub till later on.

I normally am really annoyed after defeats but I'm not today- he probably should've played three at the back in the first half to compensate for the lack of Ndidi and we got through the second half without much trouble until their goal. The likes of Fulham and West Ham were half-hearted and poor at best- today I felt we had some chances and wasted so many set-pieces.

He talks about us acting like a big club- now we need to prove it on Wednesday.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Cos Nacho is SHITTTE 

19 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Got it badly wrong today. From start to finish

Disagree.  You have to remember, when we've got 2 or 3 injuries to key players we just aren't the same threat.  We haven't got the strength in depth with the quality.  We lose that threat in behind with Vardy, we lose the power and dimantling of the opposition by Wilf, we even missed Praet today.  The personel on the pitch today wasn't good enough to beat Leeds, forget "the manager got it wrong", it's clear to see.

Edited by pazzerfox
  • Like 1