Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Josh King

Just now, Les-TA-Jon said:

But why would we sign a player we can't use in Europe? 

To use in the FA Cup and the PL?

I don’t even want the ****er here and you didn’t know the window wasn’t closed... I’m the wrong person to field your misdirection toward!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Nick said:

To use in the FA Cup and the PL?

I don’t even want the ****er here and you didn’t know the window wasn’t closed... I’m the wrong person to field your misdirection toward!

I did know the window was open for EFL transfers, but I just thought the Europa registration would be a dealbreaker for us

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Window is shut, and we have to register players today for Europa - why are we still discussing this like it might happen? 

Would a player signed from the championship during the 11 day period be eligible to play when the January window opens?

15 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

Would a player signed from the championship during the 11 day period be eligible to play when the January window opens?

Yes. You can make changes to the squad lists in January, i believe. I think it might be limited to only a few players.

3 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

I was amazed to see he's scored 48 PL goals in 161 matches. Pretty good record. And better than Nacho's: 21 in 119. 

30% vs 18%

Average numbers and a player who isn't going to improve, he had a purple patch which skewers that a bit. I'd have took wilson but this is would just be more deadwood to shift in a year or twos time, we should be buying players to improve the first 11 not the players on the bench(and id still take kelechi over him)

Edited by The Horse's Mouth

19 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

So remove the 'purple patch' completely (2016-17 16 goals in 36 appearances) and he's scored 34 in 125.

So 27% compared to 18%, still significantly better than Iheanacho.

Iheanacho averages a goal in the Premier League every 191 minutes.

King averages a goal in the Premier League every 252 minutes.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

I was amazed to see he's scored 48 PL goals in 161 matches. Pretty good record. And better than Nacho's: 21 in 119. 

30% vs 18%

There's another way of looking at that stat and it's this, he's 30 in a month and in over ten years of being an EPL player has appeared in only 161 games.

I don't think Iheanacho will ever be good enough to be more than a sub here but he's better than Danny Welbeck.

Context is key with so many stats in football.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson

14 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Iheanacho averages a goal in the Premier League every 191 minutes.

King averages a goal in the Premier League every 252 minutes.

King was playing in a mid to low table team.  Iheanacho has been playing for Man City and Us - i.e. top half teams that create many more scoring chances.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

So remove the 'purple patch' completely (2016-17 16 goals in 36 appearances) and he's scored 34 in 125.

So 27% compared to 18%, still significantly better than Iheanacho.

He actually starts games though, stick your percentages up your arse and use a bit of common sense pal 

Do you 'speak facts' like that to your boss, your mates or partner?

If the answer is 'yes' I doubt you'll have any of them before much longer.

I'm not your 'pal' or your 'mate' and I think you've got the wrong end of the horse in your name.

Edited by hackneyfox

10 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Do you 'speak facts' like that to your boss, your mates or partner?

If the answer is 'yes' I doubt you'll have any of them before much longer.

I'm not your 'pal' or your 'mate' and I think you've got the wrong end of the horse in your name.

Why are you so rattled mate?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

What do you want? Me to lie? Hes shit mate

Absolutely not.  Everyone is allowed their own opinion and I accept you don't think much of his abilities.  I was merely pointing out the apparent disparity between your persona of the Voice of Reason and your somewhat abrupt description of his abilities.

I very much doubt if he's sh*t.  He's a professional footballer so by definition is likely to be better than (probably) 99% of everyone on here.  Certainly he will be better than me - because I am really sh*t - but I've never seen him.

Each to his own, but I do find that a reasoned argument works better than simple abuse.

You never know you might persuade me.

• Like 1