Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Villa post match

When will we learn to stop keep passing it around our own box and attack teams instead.

no drive or hunger from them today apart from Castagne. 
Fofana looked good but we need to be doing better. 

can see why Slim hasn’t played much for us. 
he was sh@t since coming on. 

Perez must have some dirt on Rodgers. That’s the only way he’s getting into the team, because it’s sure as fvck not because of his footballing ability.

Nacho really poor again today and Hamza is League One standard. The decision to bring him on lost us the game, and Rodgers needs to accept full responsibility.

• Like 1

Last few games we've been too bothered about the opposition than ourselves. Playing it safe for 90 minutes. Even when we brought Slimani on we decided to bring Choudhury on after instead of Under to potentially create something up front for him - it was seen better for Perez to hover around for the whole match helping out Castagne with Grealish.

• Like 2

Absolutely disgusting and saw it coming a mile off.

Cant fault BR he did everything he could today and Villa totally outplayed us.

This just proves how good JV and Ndidi are. Those 2 are huge huge misses.

Both Mendy and Hamza are not good enough unfortunately and without JV we are absolutely hopeless and will never score a goal in a million games.

We are in huge trouble after the last 2 games imo, not because we lost but because of the manner we’ve lost, utterly hopeless.

Only positive is Forfana, wow just wow. 19 years old, the reading he has, the fitness and ability - he will be fantastic ! Very impressed with him.

• Like 1

some awful games coming up aswell😔 Ive never been one to question Brendan but the Hamza sub screamed "happy to take a point" teams see a change like that and it must give them a lift to see we are happy to hang on, I cannot wait to have a fully fit starting 11 back, injuries have killed us, having said that and it pains me to say it, they deserved that today

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Fofana was the only one that comes out with any credit today (maybe Castagne too).

Front 3 didn't do much. Tielemans, Mendy & Praet were basic. 

I don't want to use injuries as an excuse but if Vardy, Maddison, Ndidi all play from the start I think we can approach the game with much more confidence.

Pretty much this Fofana seemed to slot straight in only 19 blimey.

Missing Maddison, Vardy and Ndidi is a huge loss and shouldn't be underestimated.

But BR made the mistake of not bringing Under on for a sub par Perez while bringing on Hamaza. 

I think it’s easier for a manager to produce a good tactical plan against a team on the front foot (eg vs Man City), than it is against a team where you’re likely to be on the front foot yourselves (eg West Ham, today in theory). Rodgers isn’t showing me that he can coach a team to break down and penetrate teams that sit in, which is a huge problem going forward.

• Like 1

I think we have no plan B at all and as much as I like vardy we can't expect him to be fit every game and think we need to learn how to score goals without him. Non of the striker look deadly or scary to plat against but guess will have to see what happens at the end of the season but so far feels like he's gonna be the 1st manager to go.

Just now, Col city fan said:

I’m just waiting to see what excuses the usual suspects come up with after that....

Garbage 

The 3 wins, covered over the shit end from last season.

Looks like we are heading back to that sort of form.

yeah we had players out,

but the one of the highest paid managers in the league is meant to be paid to asses the strength in depth.

5 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Not as bad a ****ing Nacho, absolute horseshit display from him. Anonymous.

He absolutely was.

Nacho was anonymous, but Slimani looked like a Sunday league player.

We've known Slimani isn't good enough for years. Have no idea why he's been recalled.

2 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I am sorry but that set up, and many previous ones, stink of a manager who's only real achievements have ever come in Scottish Football.

Once again, waits until the pressure is insufferable before making any changes and then when changes are made, and the game is there to be attacked and won, he brings on HAMZA FU$%ING CHOUDHURY!!...

Clueless with the Slimani substitution too, Every one know's that his strength (If anything) is his heading ability. So we bring him on and stick him up top where we then need to rely upon his main weakness (Speed) for him to actually create anything. If we are going to play Slimani, and want him to make any form of impact, we need to be putting crosses in for him to attack. Barnes was dross tonight and totally incapable of putting anything into the box so the Choudhury change should have been Under or Albrighton.

The tactic's tonight were so negative. If we can run a risk and go for the 3 points against Villa (AT HOME!) then who can we actually play attacking football against?

The only positives tonight were good performances from Castagne, Fofana and Perez (Albeit the bandwagon clan wont admit to it).

Youri (Concrete boots) Tielemans average, Barnes rubbish, Nacho....well Nacho.....

I am sorry but a home loss against Villa is slightly embarrassing. And don't come at we with the "They just beat Liverpool" because that result was about as in form as ours against Man City.

Dude, you were almost there, but had to ruin it with Pérez! lol

Sorry, but with all due respect, Perez was GARBAGE from minute one (probably from the tunnel if you review the tunnel cam).

A decent European campaign is only that saves Rodgers I think, unless we're in a relegation battle. Can't see us challenging anything in the league, top 20 at best. 

The only way we win games at home is if the opponent makes mistakes. It's been that way for at least 3 seasons now.

We didn’t play particularly bad, we didn’t play particularly good.

A 0-0 was about right.

It wasn’t very exciting. It seems the pissing about at the back, sideways and backwards football has stopped which I’m encouraged by but then we’ve lost the last 2 against teams we should be beating. 

Get the aggression sorted (more), get the tempo sorted (faster) and I think we on to something. But it’sa conundrum that needs sorting Brendan and quickly.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

That should be a hard fought point, but no. Focus was on defence and I was okey with that. Our injury ridden squad against an in form Villa team with their main guys in form and then we still get sucker punched. Football is lame at times. Perez played because of his defensive skills and he helped Castagne a lot with Grealish. 

Flip it. This season with all the injuries, stupid VAR decisions and Covid restrictions is gonna be a rough ride at times. 

Fofana looks like a star in the making though and JJ was a rock on the leftback today. 

• Like 1