Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John12345

Rodgers

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Sorry excuse from Rodgers about being a young side, makes himself look silly at times.

Kasper 34

Vardy 34

Evans 32

Fuch 34

Mendy 28

Praet 26

Not really a good excuse, when the evidence suggests otherwise, I think he must have looked at the wrong page in his small Notebook of excuses 😂

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, AjcW said:

This is where the David Brent shit comes from.... what the ****ing **** does this ****ery mean?!? (Not withstanding the bit where he said evans played well...)

6BEEB86C-A60D-43B2-974F-393B2BE40737.jpeg.ef1b105c64b35e015a41a18f9795a5d7.jpeg

I just read the mercury article and I can't believe this.

That's your f***ing expert opinion is it, Brendan?

41 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

But tonight’s performance had nothing to do with formation, as we should beat them no matter what we play, we lost as everybody performed awfully. Rodgers said we were poor and deserved to lose.

we lost today as the team played shit, so formation had nothing to do with it. So maybe you need to go to spec savers as you want to blame the system and not the players 

10 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

I wouldn't pay too much attention to the board directly after a defeat there will always be a few loud, moronic opinions flying about. 

Myself and pretty much all my mates who support Leicester think he's doing a brilliant job and is the absolute ceeling in terms of manager profile that we we could attract. 

That being said he's not immune from criticism as tonight was an absolute shambles tactically and not the first time he's completely surrendered the initiative to a poor side with selection - Mendy and Ndidi in midfield against Brighton last year springs to mind. 

Excellent post, couldn’t agree any more, balanced and well put.

9 minutes ago, Corky said:

I don't get this thing about the best British manager. What does it matter? Yes, he's better than Hodgson, Dyche, Bruce, Wilder. I'd expect him to be.

He's here for a while and we're going to have to put up with these crap displays but we aren't some training ground for local managerial talent, we want the best man for the job wherever they are from.

(This isn't particularly aimed at anyone on here, I've seen a lot about it in the media too).

Only reason I'm firmly Rodger In is because we are not a train wreck of a club. We have good players, we can and do play attractive progressive football and out recruitment is pretty good. Rodgers is overall a net positive to our club. But Im so tired of these goddamn embarrassing displays against bottom feeders like Fulham, Villa, West Ham etc, and I'm tired of Rodgers' smugness. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AjcW said:

This is where the David Brent shit comes from.... what the ****ing **** does this ****ery mean?!? (Not withstanding the bit where he said evans played well...)

6BEEB86C-A60D-43B2-974F-393B2BE40737.jpeg.ef1b105c64b35e015a41a18f9795a5d7.jpeg

I thought completely the opposite.  I thought we looked a bit old and leggy.  Anguissa looked powerful and hard to handle, Lookman looked too quick for our backline and they looked very very comfortable with any threat that we had.  We looked slow, ponderous, lacking ideas and to be honest it was very reminiscent of the end of last season.  If you'd have tuned in for the first time you'd have thought that we were the team in the relegation area.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bourbon Fox said:

I just read the mercury article and I can't believe this.

That's your f***ing expert opinion is it, Brendan?

Kasper did his job and Evans did amazing considering he had to try and cover the errors from the 2 cbs around him. He never made a mistake, Fuchs and Little Wes did, as well as Mendy not being in position. 

Edited by Cecchini1976

6 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Post match comments utterly predictable. He never takes any accountability for performances like these but is desperate for the plaudits when we do well. Sick of him to be honest. Want an honest manager that gets us fired up for games

You think you’ve got it bad, look at some of Neil Lennon’s interviews lately. Apparently building a common room with pool tables for the players will arrest our horrific form. 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Cecchini1976 said:

But tonight’s performance had nothing to do with formation, as we should beat them no matter what we play, we lost as everybody performed awfully. Rodgers said we were poor and deserved to lose.

we lost today as the team played shit, so formation had nothing to do with it. So maybe you need to go to spec savers as you want to blame the system and not the players 

No I definitely blame both. Playing 5 defenders and 4 central midfielders against the League worst defence was never going to 'help us win'. The fact the players were also complete dogshit just made it twice as bad.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Sorry excuse from Rodgers about being a young side, makes himself look silly at times.

Kasper 34

Vardy 34

Evans 32

Fuch 34

Mendy 28

Praet 26

So only half the outfield starting xi are young then.

then perhaps consider we’ve got two backup players in the six you've mentioned, and one is a goal keeper. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Koke said:

Only reason I'm firmly Rodger In is because we are not a train wreck of a club. We have good players, we can and do play attractive progressive football and out recruitment is pretty good. Rodgers is overall a net positive to our club. But Im so tired of these goddamn embarrassing displays against bottom feeders like Fulham, Villa, West Ham etc, and I'm tired of Rodgers' smugness. 

He's staying for a number of reasons and I don't have too much of an issue with it. I just don't want to look back at the end of the season with "what ifs?" and I think we've had a few too many this calendar year.

5 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

No I definitely blame both. Playing 5 defenders and 4 central midfielders against the League worst defence was never going to 'help us win'. The fact the players were also complete dogshit just made it twice as bad.

Players were shite, very shite, but in reality we played with a high line, the wingbacks didn’t play as defenders, so it’s not the tactic more just playing shit.

tactics have nothing to do with tonight, we possibly played the worst team we have ever played in the prem, and lost and deserved to lose 

Just now, Cecchini1976 said:

Players were shite, very shite, but in reality we played with a high line, the wingbacks didn’t play as defenders, so it’s not the tactic more just playing shit.

tactics have nothing to do with tonight, we possibly played the worst team we have ever played in the prem, and lost and deserved to lose 

We will agree to disagree. No way we are 0-2 down at half time if we started with a back 4 and Barnes and Under.

• Like 2

I don't think anyone should seriously think we should dispense with BR.

But his often stubborn defensively-minded approach certainly isn't going to win us neutrals (not that it matters particularly or at all) or, more importantly for us as supporters, games that we should really be winning against less talented teams.

He and we need a captain of sorts in outfield too. For all his shouty, sweary game in Braga, Kasper can't influence what's happening too much beyond defence. Nobody tonight took the game in hand on the park. We looked rudderless and lacking character at times. Someone should have told Maddison to stay on his feet and drive forward more. We looked lost. 

Bored of this conversation going round in circles. We know Rodgers goes in to some games overthinking the games tactically and can get found out by some dullard like Scott Parker, but also can come out with a masterclass or set out a side to muller teams. We have known this since he was at Liverpool and should probably go into every game with that in mind.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

I wouldn't pay too much attention to the board directly after a defeat there will always be a few loud, moronic opinions flying about. 

Myself and pretty much all my mates who support Leicester think he's doing a brilliant job and is the absolute ceeling in terms of manager profile that we we could attract. 

That being said he's not immune from criticism as tonight was an absolute shambles tactically and not the first time he's completely surrendered the initiative to a poor side with selection - Mendy and Ndidi in midfield against Brighton last year springs to mind. 

Totally agree that talk of sacking him, etc is madness but I'm properly annoyed about his decisions tonight. Just cannot fathom his thinking.

Having said that, I do think the injuries this season have had a massive impact on our cohesion and fluidity as a team. I'm convinced that Rodgers is playing so conservatively because he doesn't trust the defenders we have available, even against a team like Fulham.  In addition, our preferred 433 system depends a lot on fast, attacking full backs overlapping inverted wingers; but at the moment we just don't have the personnel to play this system effectively. Justin is improving all the time but he's not anywhere near the level of Ric, Fuchs should not really be any more than a squad player these days, whilst Thomas is just a kid learning the game at this level. Having both first choice full backs out has been a massive blow for us. It's been compounded by other injuries to key players. You can do without 1 or 2 key players but once it gets to 4, 5 or even 6 missing for a club like us and you're going to get a downturn in form eventually. Let's hope Wilf, Cags, Timmy and Ric are back asap. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cecchini1976 said:

It’s a tactic what on at least two occasions to my mind - once with even the same wingbacks - where we’ve had to take possession of the ball and control the play but continually get caught out in counter attack situations. 

Spurs away last season - Spurs just sat on us and in 20 minutes worked three goals taking advantage of an exposed central defensive 3 with no pace. Thomas and Justin at WB

West Ham home this season - the second goal of that fixture was a horrific moment of the defensive backline in some weird shape. 

Ultimately when we have more possession of the ball, the wingbacks look to press higher up but get caught out of position when we lose the ball. When we face a team who want to dominate possession, the back five plays deeper and the wing backs find space easier. Opposition play the low block like tonight against that shape; the ball doesn’t move from the CBs to the CMs or WBs. So we over complicate, bang lose the ball and it’s three on three. 

Seen it before tonight hence you wouldn’t think Rodgers would repeat the mistake 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

If you look at how we playing and the stats, we have over achieved so far this season in league placing, lowest amount of goals from open play.  Most penalties given and scored.

We are better with under on yet he never starts, and its clear we better with two strikers as well.

Sorry guys but Rodgers isnt our future in my opinion, and I am in that mode where I am waiting for the next chapter.

No chance of him being moved on. The stats you provided are damning though. Add into that abysmal form of post January, and he's basically living off an excellent 6 months period.

18 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

He's defending the players. That's obvious to me. He's not going to say what he really thinks, I don't think.

All managers talk s**t. Some better than others. Some get to hide it with humor and foreign accents. In the end its all the same. Sounds like something but means nothing.

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

It’s a tactic what on at least two occasions to my mind - once with even the same wingbacks - where we’ve had to take possession of the ball and control the play but continually get caught out in counter attack situations. 

Spurs away last season - Spurs just sat on us and in 20 minutes worked three goals taking advantage of an exposed central defensive 3 with no pace. Thomas and Justin at WB

West Ham home this season - the second goal of that fixture was a horrific moment of the defensive backline in some weird shape. 

Ultimately when we have more possession of the ball, the wingbacks look to press higher up but get caught out of position when we lose the ball. When we face a team who want to dominate possession, the back five plays deeper and the wing backs find space easier. Opposition play the low block in that shape; the ball doesn’t move from the CBs to the CMs or WBs. So we over complicate, bang lose the ball and it’s three on three. 

Seen it before tonight hence you wouldn’t think Rodgers would repeat the mistake 

Just to add as well pretty tired that for third game in a row, we are resorting to subs and tactical changes to salvage something. 

I’ll cut the slack against Liverpool but the same errors repeated again and again is infuriating. 

Play 4–1-4-1 where we have more of the ball, don’t care if it ends up like the Villa game (where save a Hamza brain****), we’d have drew 0-0

His tactics aren't wrong imo, it's the right way to play and control a game. I blame the selection tonight. Praet and Maddison as our wide midfielders allowed them to close in and stay narrow when we really needed to start with Under and Barnes and really stretch them. We tried to play through them all game when there was no space at all and we got done on the counter twice by losing possession in this manner. 

I do think there are better managers out there. This argument that he’s the best we can hope for is nonsense. The problem is the better options out there are foreign with no previous premiership experience and the likelihood of them coming and our owners taking a chance on them is slim. Our history suggests that they will always go for coaches with premiership experience. It just feels very deja vu like last season. 

• Like 1