Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

3 hours ago, Izzy said:

I reckon I'd make a brilliant Estate Agent.

Most of the ones I've met recently are bang average.

If you have the ability to reply to a customers email within 7 working days you'd be better than 90% of them out there. 

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Why are there lots of ads for Haribo sweets on TV late evening? Aren't they primarily for youngsters?

Youngsters famously don't have lots of money to buy sweets, but their parents do. 

Nowt wrong with a bag of Fangtastics either no matter what your age. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

I’m debating whether or not to get out of bed.

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

I get that around 3-4am when I think I need a piss. 

I get up when I want except on Wednesday's when I get rudely awakened by the dustmen

• Haha 1

On 06/09/2024 at 23:07, RonnieTodger said:

I’m late to the Football Cliches pod but it really is terrific

10 hours ago, Stadt said:

Hurrey is great. 

They nail the right amount of swearing.

It really is. An absolute staple and keep the joyous part of football going from the rubbish that it can be otherwise (Quickly Kevin also helped with that). Typical that it was in limbo this time last year when the Athletic (whose main podcast, ironically, became trash) dumped it off before Goalhanger picked it up.

Really need to get to one of their live shows one day.

Why we won't have a sports/podcasts thread baffles me. So many good podcasts out their to recommend and talk about lol 

Edited by Footballwipe

33 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

It really is. An absolute staple and keep the joyous part of football going from the rubbish that it can be otherwise (Quickly Kevin also helped with that). Typical that it was in limbo this time last year when the Athletic (whose main podcast, ironically, became trash) dumped it off before Goalhanger picked it up.

Really need to get to one of their live shows one day.

Why we won't have a sports/podcasts thread baffles me. So many good podcasts out their to recommend and talk about lol 

I think there is but it's not active.

Something I like especially about FC is that it's mostly apolitical. The athletic, football weekly, etc all converge on the same worldview and it's pretty boring (to me).

It's a bit daft, but me and Mrs Para have started playing a new game whilst out and about. We call it "Guess The Amazon Van Panel".

It's simple, whenever we spot an Amazon van we have to guess which body panel has been dented, scratched or has a missing bit of trim.

1 point per correct guess and we never fail to get at least 1 point per van.

It get's a bit more complicated when there's more than one panel damaged. Does a scrape along the length of the van count as 1, 2 or 3 panels? Should the doors score extra as they're not a fixed panel? 

Thoughts?

Edited by Parafox
  • Haha 1