Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

10 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Still there. In fact the pond was quite clear today and there must be a couple of dozen tadpoles still in there.

I went to scoop up the white one and take a photograph, but it darted for cover too quickly .

It’s hanging in there. Call it Brendan. Although I think I like the tadpole more.

• Haha 2

On 27/09/2022 at 03:41, SeCrEt FoX said:

How the hell can Nike expect people to pay £114 for a ****ing England shirt? Not just in this current climate but ever! I remember early to late 2000's where you would get a England shirt for no more then £25 when it was umbro. And they were better shirts. Everyone had one because they were affordable. Absolute joke. 

Screenshot_20220926_203715_com.android.chrome_edit_13843793907261.jpg

DH Gate / Aliexpress :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I don't know what this is

I donned a wig, Nadine Dorries wore a beard, we had a night on tequila, reheated Greggs steak bakes, and a suitcase of coke.

Apparently, the manager of the 24hr Primark invited us back but, and I’m just speaking for myself here, I think we’d end up hitting a glass ceiling. I’m open to doing a Costco or Lidl or something, but not another purely clothing outlet. Plus, Nads hit an old chap in the eye with a stretchy snake belt off one of the racks, I’m a bit concerned we’d run into him again if we went back.

Good night though.

3 hours ago, Daggers said:

Third night on the trot I’ve woken at 2am. It’s not insomnia, I was sleeping like a log from 10ish. It’s like semi-insomnia. And it’s stupid.

I get the same thing.

I read somewhere that people centuries ago slept for 4 hours then got up, and then went back to sleep for another 4. My sleeping pattern pretty much mirrors this.

Edited by Nalis

4 hours ago, Daggers said:

I donned a wig, Nadine Dorries wore a beard, we had a night on tequila, reheated Greggs steak bakes, and a suitcase of coke.

Apparently, the manager of the 24hr Primark invited us back but, and I’m just speaking for myself here, I think we’d end up hitting a glass ceiling. I’m open to doing a Costco or Lidl or something, but not another purely clothing outlet. Plus, Nads hit an old chap in the eye with a stretchy snake belt off one of the racks, I’m a bit concerned we’d run into him again if we went back.

Good night though.

Well, what's for certain is you've created something that will live long in the memory, and that's QUITE the keyboard solo.

And I don't like how the honey sauce tastes on my chicken wings either, so you've really 'struck a chord' there!

Played in a 5-a-side tournament in Nottingham yesterday in the torrential rain. It was as if I’d fallen in a lake.

I’ve been doing running recently, so I thought I was reasonably fit. But it turns out the short, sharp runs are a completely different type of fitness. It absolute ruined me. Also, I’ve pulled every muscle in my body. I’m destroyed.

3 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Well, what's for certain is you've created something that will live long in the memory, and that's QUITE the keyboard solo.

And I don't like how the honey sauce tastes on my chicken wings either, so you've really 'struck a chord' there!

Mods!

• Haha 1

On 27/09/2022 at 19:47, Wymsey said:

Bradford is worse, personally.

I actually think Bradford is fine - it's not paved with gold and it's undeniably a bit unloved but some of the buildings in/around the centre are genuinely really nice, some of the food is great and there are more than a handful of really great boozers.

The more that professionals / graduates / families simply can't afford to live in Leeds will be to Bradford's benefit. I think it'll be a very different place in a decade.

On 01/10/2022 at 16:31, jonthefox said:

Went on the KP tour today. 

Was the factory interesting? Production lines and all that? People wearing blue head scarves and beard scarves? Did you get a free packet of dry roasted?

Was it better than Cadbury World? 

Mind you, that wouldn't take a lot.

I seem to be turning vegetarian without trying to. The older I get the less interested in meat I'm becoming, which is surprising given that I used to think a meal wasn't a meal without meat.

We went out for an Indian tonight and my paneer curry was beautiful. If my husband wasn't the absolute carnivore that he is I'd definitely be cooking more vegetarian meals.

• Like 1