Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

8 hours ago, Swarles Barkley said:

No idea where to post this but didn’t want to create a new thread

anyone have an old clapper by any chance?

And willing for me to pick up at the ground on Saturday please?

Planning a wedding and its my one way of getting Leicester involved lol (fiance wants to see a sample before we get more)

Get the congregation to sit in silence, Leicester involved complete

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Also the ones who leave reviews before they've opened and used the product, or when they've given it as a gift. 

'Arrived today, the box looks fab, I'm sure the recipient will love it, 5 stars'

So helpful lol

A close relative of those reviewing films/albums/books that have not been released yet.

"Their last release was the soundtrack to my summer OMG this is going to be massive, they'll knock it out of the park again, 5 stars"

You just know that these are the folk that will buy it and watch/listen/read and because it's not exactly the same as the last one they then slag it off

53 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

Just googled and realised its the FA Cup final. Oh well, nothing we'll have to worry about.

We couldn’t have some football matches in London ahead of the queens funeral but we could have spurs v Chelsea/arsenal  or yanited v Liverpool on the day of the coronation !!!

Edited by st albans fox

3 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I'll tell you who I love. The folk that reply to questions asked about items on Amazon by saying they don't know

When Amazon send the 'can you answer this question' email, one option is 'I don't know'. Usually, I just delete but hope I've never clicked that, and they've published that as a reply. I, too, laugh at those people, and now I could be one of them :doh:

1 hour ago, FoyleFox said:

When Amazon send the 'can you answer this question' email, one option is 'I don't know'. Usually, I just delete but hope I've never clicked that, and they've published that as a reply. I, too, laugh at those people, and now I could be one of them :doh:

I'm sure you're not one of them, they're not tick box type replies - the best ones are when people are really apologetic : "I have a completely different one so cannot answer, so sorry"

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I'm sure you're not one of them, they're not tick box type replies - the best ones are when people are really apologetic : "I have a completely different one so cannot answer, so sorry"

Phew!

I might start doing this for entertainment, need to fill the footie void. Look for reviews, a Sony TV and reply 'sorry, I've got a Samsung, which is great' :D

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

My favourite ever review was on Trip Advisor for a Pontins, which I'd been to (and really wish I'd seen the reviews first) and had had loads of 1 and 2 star slatings.

One slightly more optimistic soul wrote "It's not terrible, but it is very poor"

Ah, Trip Advisor reviews are special.

My favourites are - "the seafood buffet was too fishy" "the beach was too sandy" and a 1 star hotel rating because "it rained"

And another one to love "the staff were all Spanish"...in a Spanish hotel.

Edited by FoyleFox

1 hour ago, FoyleFox said:

Ah, Trip Advisor reviews are special.

My favourites are - "the seafood buffet was too fishy" "the beach was too sandy" and a 1 star hotel rating because "it rained"

And another one to love "the staff were all Spanish"...in a Spanish hotel.

I saw a review once which was not on TripAdvisor.   It was by a woman complaining about a hotel bed being too comfy that it got her pregnant by her husband.   I think it is definitely a fake but the tone it was written in was funny.  

Speaking of thick people online, someone shared a screenshot about a Facebook event about watching an eclipse.   Someone complained that the event should be on the weekend as children would be at school during the event.  

• Haha 1

Train tickets to Manchester for 2: £115ish

Hotel for the night in some rat infested dump: £85

Begging your 60+ year old parents to babysit your 4 week old baby overnight: ∞

Getting an email 3 hours before door opening saying that the headliners (that already cancelled late notice once because of non existant covid restrictions) won't be performing tonight because one of them has a tummy ache: pretty ****ing cvntish. 

God damnit I'm fuming. :@

On 10/10/2022 at 10:37, st albans fox said:

Coronation of King Charles is planned 3 June 

luckily they haven’t arranged it on the same day as a big sporting event ….

Coronation of King Charles is 6th May. Obviously realised there was a clash with the FA Cup and amended the date.

Does clash with our trip to Fulham.

Edited by FoyleFox
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Train tickets to Manchester for 2: £115ish

Hotel for the night in some rat infested dump: £85

Begging your 60+ year old parents to babysit your 4 week old baby overnight: ∞

Getting an email 3 hours before door opening saying that the headliners (that already cancelled late notice once because of non existant covid restrictions) won't be performing tonight because one of them has a tummy ache: pretty ****ing cvntish. 

God damnit I'm fuming. :@

You're braver than I ever was, leaving a 4 week old behind for a night!

Love a good strange coincidence, found out about this one today. In about 1865 in American a man called Robert Lincoln fell onto a railway track and a famous actor at the time Edwin Booth pulled him off the track and saved him. Robert Lincoln was Abraham Lincoln's son, Edwin Booth was John Wilkes Booth's older brother, who was the man who later assassinated Lincoln.

• Like 1

Car Park apps are more trouble than they're worth. I'm all for tech improving my life, but every car park has a different type. You therefore spend 15 minutes registering on the app and a card etc. And lots no longer have an option for cash or card payment.

• Thanks 1