Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

14 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Car Park apps are more trouble than they're worth. I'm all for tech improving my life, but every car park has a different type. You therefore spend 15 minutes registering on the app and a card etc. And lots no longer have an option for cash or card payment.

I had a RingGo account from years ago, i think I actually set up whilst working in a previous job. The issues I had trying to reactivate it in Scarborough a few months back was ridiculous. I couldn't set up a new account, because even with a new email address it knew it was me. I spent a good hour sat in the car park messing around until I somehow got it sorted. No cash or card option on the machine either.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Car Park apps are more trouble than they're worth. I'm all for tech improving my life, but every car park has a different type. You therefore spend 15 minutes registering on the app and a card etc. And lots no longer have an option for cash or card payment.

A pain in the arse trying to set up an account whilst standing next to the ticket machine in a town I didn't know well enough to find a pay by cash/card machine. I reckon it's a scam to screw money from motorists although I don't know how. It's just so inconvenient. Just make it both cash and card.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I park in the same car park every day 

it costs me a fiver 

I pay on the app

and every bloody day I have to verify it’s me via my bank app 

does this mean that this particular  parking app is being abused by lots of fraudulent use??? 

Lots of the banks have recently stepped up security for online transactions. I used to receive a verify request for say 2 out of 10, now it's 7 out of 10.

Just logging into Ebay after posting this, "we need to send you a code"......

Edited by FoyleFox

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I park in the same car park every day 

it costs me a fiver 

I pay on the app

and every bloody day I have to verify it’s me via my bank app 

does this mean that this particular  parking app is being abused by lots of fraudulent use??? 

I do wonder if those car parks on some site of a demolished building or waste land are actually legit or are they some form of money laundering scheme.

1 hour ago, FoyleFox said:

Lots of the banks have recently stepped up security for online transactions. I used to receive a verify request for say 2 out of 10, now it's 7 out of 10.

Just logging into Ebay after posting this, "we need to send you a code"......

It's an absolute nightmare when you no longer have a UK number lol

On 09/10/2022 at 22:50, adam1 said:

I fancied dirty. So as I was in the city, I went old skool back to the days at uni/nights out. I had a maryland.

Now the chicken pieces were ok. But the spicy wings tasted of very strong cheese. 

Am I going to die?

Still alive!

On 10/10/2022 at 22:34, Swarles Barkley said:

No idea where to post this but didn’t want to create a new thread

anyone have an old clapper by any chance?

And willing for me to pick up at the ground on Saturday please?

Planning a wedding and its my one way of getting Leicester involved lol (fiance wants to see a sample before we get more)

I have one you can have if you're still after one @Swarles Barkley

Могила Рудольфа Нуреева | Mapio.net

Rudolph Nureyev's grave. Made from mosaic tiles not cloth or fabric of any kind. Amazing.

"The visual impact of the rug is undeniable; being glass, it shines brightly across the cemetery, and is a masterpiece of contemporary funerary art. It is constructed with such skill that the folds in the fabric and heavy brass tassels look so delicate, as though they could shift in the wind at any moment".

RUDOLF NUREYEV'S GRAVE - The Unique Furnace in Venice ...

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Parafox said:

Могила Рудольфа Нуреева | Mapio.net

Rudolph Nureyev's grave. Made from mosaic tiles not cloth or fabric of any kind. Amazing.

"The visual impact of the rug is undeniable; being glass, it shines brightly across the cemetery, and is a masterpiece of contemporary funerary art. It is constructed with such skill that the folds in the fabric and heavy brass tassels look so delicate, as though they could shift in the wind at any moment".

RUDOLF NUREYEV'S GRAVE - The Unique Furnace in Venice ...

Mrs O has suggested a grave for me similar to the below 

E2500392-56D9-4F85-90AD-795F313F55F9.jpeg.c7644dc7397e7b6e6884a16acca624c6.jpeg

40 minutes ago, Nalis said:

The best world cup was the one when you are 8-12 years old.

Shamelessly stolen this from facebook but its so true.

Spot on is that.

Spain '82. That Brazil team, Paolo Rossi, Robson's goal after 27 seconds. Magic

On 13/10/2022 at 16:50, FoyleFox said:

If ever there was a post that deserves the reply “This!”, this is the one. 

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

France 98 for me. Still remember crying my eyes out in front of my dad and his friends when we lost to Argentina. 

Also Fifa 98 road to World Cup is the best Fifa of all time. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nalis said:

In that case, England '66. I was 10yrs old. And we won the thing!

Edited by Parafox

On 13/10/2022 at 16:50, FoyleFox said:

It's a scam, as most of these parking companies are. They lure you in, make it impossible to pay, then send you a PCN for £70 or more. Try to fight it and they'll become very aggressive and threaten everything from bailiffs to court action. Most get frit and just pay up which is exactly how they work. Same companies that used to wheel clamp until it was made illegal. 

On 15/10/2022 at 07:30, Nalis said:

Never really thought about it, but I think you’re right. 

Strong memories of ticker tape and the commentators (Gerald Sinstadt?) sounding different on the tv during Argentina 78. 

I managed to get semi final tickets for Spain 82. Weirdly, my parents let me travel over there  with a friend whilst I was barely a teenager. Was expecting to see a Brazil v England game at the Camp Nou, but turned out to be Italy v Poland…and I got horrendous sunburn. Couldn’t move for about 3 days after. 

Didn't really pay attention again until France 98, which was a blast. 

• Like 1