Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

Nytol is a miracle drug.

Often had issues sleeping but never put much thought into trying them.

Tried one last night, within 15 minutes had some weird relaxed sensation and slept like a log for 10 hours, woke up feeling fresher than ever.

Won't use them regularly but it was amazing 🤣

31 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Nytol is a miracle drug.

Often had issues sleeping but never put much thought into trying them.

Tried one last night, within 15 minutes had some weird relaxed sensation and slept like a log for 10 hours, woke up feeling fresher than ever.

Won't use them regularly but it was amazing 🤣

Brendan swears by them with a half time cup of tea

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Milo said:

Long haul flights are absolutely awful. Snakes or no snakes. 

The whole airport experience is pretty grim, then the bunfight to get on and sit there in the knowledge that you’ll soon be hurtling along a runway at x miles an hour and trusting that your big, heavy, cumbersome plane manages to take flight and somehow stay there. 

And the mind numbing, endless  hours of only thinking about all the air between you and the ground. 

Hate, hate, hate it with a passion. 

And can’t even enjoy the last couple of days of holiday due to thinking about the return flight. 

Managed to avoid it for years, but just booked two trips to the states for 2023 😕😕

Couldn't agree more. I've now found drugs (prescription, I'm not buying crack off the street) has significantly helped. 

Definitely agree with Daggers too. Other passengers are the most irritating thing about airports and flying. 

Why do passengers pass by 12 signs about security preparation and still have a 1tr bottle of shampoo, a lap top in their bag and a belt on at the front of the queue! 

A chap behind me once at EMA was livid he couldn't take his 4 large cans of lager through :facepalm:

7 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Couldn't agree more. I've now found drugs (prescription, I'm not buying crack off the street) has significantly helped. 

Definitely agree with Daggers too. Other passengers are the most irritating thing about airports and flying. 

Why do passengers pass by 12 signs about security preparation and still have a 1tr bottle of shampoo, a lap top in their bag and a belt on at the front of the queue! 

A chap behind me once at EMA was livid he couldn't take his 4 large cans of lager through :facepalm:

But they were my emotional support beers.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, tom27111 said:

That's my other irrational fear. 

I hate flying. I've done it hundreds of times, but not for about 15 years lol

So not very comfortable. 

Plus when you flush an aeroplane toilet, it sounds like you've made the plane crash!

14 hours ago, Izzy said:

I know just the film for you :D

That's what I was getting at. It obviously went over his head.  :thumbup:

Edited by Parafox

14 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

I've never flown before. What's wrong with wearing a belt? 

7 hours ago, LVFox said:

Anybody had any joy getting rid of chronic snoring?

From the NHS website:

sleep on your side – try taping or stitching a tennis ball to the back of your sleepwear, or buy a special pillow or bed wedge to help keep you on your side.

Mrs P snores heavily and as a joke I said I would do this. I never thought it was an actual thing. lol

Edited by Parafox

33 minutes ago, Parafox said:

From the NHS website:

sleep on your side – try taping or stitching a tennis ball to the back of your sleepwear, or buy a special pillow or bed wedge to help keep you on your side.

Mrs P snores heavily and as a joke I said I would do this. I never thought it was an actual thing. lol

I've never understood this advice. Why? Mrs. FFF can/does snore even when lying on her left or right side too.

In fact, if you've ever passed by our house after, say, 11pm you've probably heard her! :whistle:

Edited by Free Falling Foxes