Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

55 minutes ago, Parafox said:

From the NHS website:

sleep on your side – try taping or stitching a tennis ball to the back of your sleepwear, or buy a special pillow or bed wedge to help keep you on your side.

Mrs P snores heavily and as a joke I said I would do this. I never thought it was an actual thing. lol

I'm sure Olive did that to Arthur in a On the Buses lol

I'm showing my age!

49 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

It's a strange phenomenon snoring @Parafox Mrs. FFF can be snoring really loud and I'll mutter quietly, under my breath, 'Bloody Hell', and she then wakes!

'What's a matter?' She'll ask.

Isn't it just? Mrs P can be snoring but then suddenly is awake, gets up and goes for a shower.

I too mutter "FFS not again" and get the What... what"?

2 hours ago, Parafox said:

From the NHS website:

sleep on your side – try taping or stitching a tennis ball to the back of your sleepwear, or buy a special pillow or bed wedge to help keep you on your side.

Mrs P snores heavily and as a joke I said I would do this. I never thought it was an actual thing. lol

That sounds ridiculous 😂😂 

I do sleep on my side but have started snoring like a farm animal (apparently), even worse after a beer!

On 24/10/2022 at 21:02, Milo said:

Long haul flights are absolutely awful. Snakes or no snakes. 

The whole airport experience is pretty grim, then the bunfight to get on and sit there in the knowledge that you’ll soon be hurtling along a runway at x miles an hour and trusting that your big, heavy, cumbersome plane manages to take flight and somehow stay there. 

And the mind numbing, endless  hours of only thinking about all the air between you and the ground. 

Hate, hate, hate it with a passion. 

And can’t even enjoy the last couple of days of holiday due to thinking about the return flight. 

Managed to avoid it for years, but just booked two trips to the states for 2023 😕😕

All that sounds like heaven to me. Love long haul flights. Watch a few films, have a few beers, always enjoy plane food and kick the people in front of you and feign ignorance when they complain. 1.5 years of covid with no long haul holidays and having to put up with generic European breaks was a real chore 

2 hours ago, LVFox said:

That sounds ridiculous 😂😂 

I do sleep on my side but have started snoring like a farm animal (apparently), even worse after a beer!

Ah. The thing I didn't cut and paste was:

• do not drink too much alcohol

On 23/10/2022 at 13:46, Benguin said:

Found out my new neighbour has a giant python and I’ve got a newborn baby. I know it’s irrational to worry too much but my lack of sleep from having a baby has now doubled from fear it’s going to get in our house and eat said baby.  Can’t understand why anyone would want a giant snake in their house. 

Saw this and thought of you @Benguin

Grandmother is eaten alive by a python in Indonesian jungle - Independent.ie

• Haha 2

On 27/09/2022 at 20:15, Free Falling Foxes said:

Still there. In fact the pond was quite clear today and there must be a couple of dozen tadpoles still in there.

I went to scoop up the white one and take a photograph, but it darted for cover too quickly .

@Leeds Fox

The white tadpole is still there!

Not seen it for weeks but glanced in the pond this afternoon and there it was.

All alone now as all the others have moved on.

It is still the same size too, no sign of rear legs developing.

Mrs has got Covid. 

Doesn't bother me, I had it a few months ago and we still went to bed together.

But I tried that last night. I can't blame her for it, because she's ill, but she is literally the loudest snorer in the world.

I'm now sat in the living room, preparing to sleep on the sofa, watching women's rugby.

For scale, Laura must be at about 280 on the below scale, she then bitches at me when I politely nudge her and kindly whisper "Babe, please stop snoring. It's 4am. For the love of God, STOP FVCKING SNORING" 

304362.jpeg

Great. Her snoring is louder than Krakato exploding, but her hearing is fvcking perfect.

Coming downstairs shouting at me for opening another can of beer. 

I need a new Mrs. Ideally she'll be a wealthy redhead that lives somewhere on the Scottish coast and encourages me to play golf.

Then, she can snore as loud as she wants. And opening a bottle of whisky is quieter than a can of beer lol

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Great. Her snoring is louder than Krakato exploding, but her hearing is fvcking perfect.

I need a new Mrs. Ideally she'll be a wealthy redhead that lives somewhere on the Scottish coast and encourages me to play golf.

Then, she can snore as loud as she wants. And opening a bottle of whisky is quieter than a can of beer lol

I know of someone who meets at least 2 out of 3 of those characteristics. I think you might have even played golf together this year. 

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, tom27111 said:

• Haha 2

I hate the clocks going back and the beginning of winter. I hate it getting dark at 5pm and then 4pm. 

It just makes me feel all negative and anxious. There's so little to do. Almost everywhere to go is either shut or only partially open. I have hours to fill, and I can't find anything to fill them with.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Parafox said:

I hate the clocks going back and the beginning of winter. I hate it getting dark at 5pm and then 4pm. 

It just makes me feel all negative and anxious. There's so little to do. Almost everywhere to go is either shut or only partially open. I have hours to fill, and I can't find anything to fill them with.

Horrible time of year. I spend the winter counting down the time until the clocks change again.

Makes you wonder how people manage it in other parts of the world. 

I think it gets dark in places like Qatar at about 5pm every single day.

2 hours ago, tom27111 said:

This is the time of year that I'm so happy I'm no longer in car sales.

I guarantee that tomorrow, every dealer will be full of people over the age of 60 asking a car salesman to change the clock in their car lol

Haha. I'm 67 in 2 weeks time. I actually managed to change all the clocks in my house that aren't digital. Some I have to Google. The cooker timer clocks in particular. It seems simple, but it's not.

• Like 1

Just now, tom27111 said:

Horrible time of year. I spend the winter counting down the time until the clocks change again.

Makes you wonder how people manage it in other parts of the world. 

I think it gets dark in places like Qatar at about 5pm every single day.

I couldn't live in Scandinavian countries at this time of year. Imagine waking up and going to work when it's dark and having a lunch break and it's still dark and then going home when it's... dark?

Having to have lights on at home during the day just to stop it being dark. Hate it.

• Like 1

@Parafox, what do you think of the potential ambulance driver and nurse strikes?

Personally, I agree with the striking for what they do - look after ill people and on occasion risk their lives - than over a tube driver in London.

Edited by Wymsey