Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

Situation. In the pub watching the football, go toilet, as I’m walking in I see £20 on the floor. I was like shall I shan’t I. There was only one other bloke in there and he was having a pee. Left it and the other bloke picked it up on the way out.

My dad had a right go at me when I told him lol. I just thought well it ain’t mine so I’m leaving it, fairly sure it weren’t the other blokes though who picked it up.

what would others have done?

35 minutes ago, chrishlcfc said:

Situation. In the pub watching the football, go toilet, as I’m walking in I see £20 on the floor. I was like shall I shan’t I. There was only one other bloke in there and he was having a pee. Left it and the other bloke picked it up on the way out.

My dad had a right go at me when I told him lol. I just thought well it ain’t mine so I’m leaving it, fairly sure it weren’t the other blokes though who picked it up.

Probably would’ve picked it up.

I was at a harbour in Spain and saw a 10€ note right on the edge of the water.

Genuinely thought it might be a prank, but in the end it was a few free pints. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, chrishlcfc said:

It would have been in my sky rocket faster than the wife can figure out a way to spend it.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, chrishlcfc said:

Made me think of this:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, chrishlcfc said:

Don't beat yourself up about it. Just think how the bloke that did lose it felt when he realised.  I would probably have left it too but I'm a bit soft.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Would you give a homeless person spare change, or ignore them if they begged for some?

I would generally give a few quid here and there, I don’t judge them for how they choose to spend it…. The issue is that I barely ever carry cash lately 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Would you give a homeless person spare change, or ignore them if they begged for some?

I'd absolutely give them something. The issue is I rarely carry cash around with me these days. Contactless must be hitting them hard in terms of donations the last few years. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

I miss the politics thread. 

I said nothing when it left, understood why it went and gave it a chance, but the forums not the same for me without it. 

Same here. It's just led to politics being talked about in other threads too. 

7 hours ago, kenny said:

My sister in law is teacher and has been given next Friday off to go Christmas shopping. At the same time her union is trying to persuade her to go on strike.

The world is mad at the moment.

One 1/2 day off makes up for a decade of real term pay cuts?

You could do with a few catch up sessions with your sister in law you daft fvcker

12 minutes ago, Tim'llFixIt said:

One 1/2 day off makes up for a decade of real term pay cuts?

You could do with a few catch up sessions with your sister in law you daft fvcker

It's a full day off. In protest she isn't going shopping she is coming to visit instead.

I'll take on your good advice and indeed have a catch up session.

20 hours ago, RobHawk said:

I miss the politics thread. 

I said nothing when it left, understood why it went and gave it a chance, but the forums not the same for me without it. 

Interesting. I think the exact opposite.

For me, Gen Chat is a lot more civilized without the Politics thread. I think that thread brings out the worst in normal, decent posters.

I don't miss it one bit tbh.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Izzy said:

Interesting. I think the exact opposite.

For me, Gen Chat is a lot more civilized without the Politics thread. I think that thread brings out the worst in normal, decent posters.

I don't miss it one bit tbh.

I agree that it’s good it’s gone - but that it only brought out the worst in the worst, abnormal posters. And some of those trolls barely posted anywhere else until the World Cup. They need a good hard banning.

38 minutes ago, Manini said:

Do you tip your window cleaner/milk man/whatever at Christmas? 

We don’t have a window cleaner or have milk delivered but I've always felt I should really tip the postman who's very chatty.

But then last year we had two Xmas cards go missing from relatives that both contained cash for the kids and I reckon the bastard intercepted them both.

P.S the bin men can fvck off if they expect a tip. The amount of times our empty bins end up in the middle of the road or jammed up against the side of my car they can do one.

Edited by Izzy
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Izzy said:

We don’t have a window cleaner or have milk delivered but I've always felt I should really tip the postman who's very chatty.

But then last year we had two Xmas cards go missing from relatives that both contained cash for the kids and I reckon the bastard intercepted them both.

This took a turn! lol 

So in essence, your kids tipped him for you if you think about it…

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I used to tip the window cleaner and the bin men at Christmas, yes

Just talking about it at work and it’s about a 50/50 split on who does and doesn’t. I think it’s just a nice thing to do, especially given our window cleaner is literally out in all weather. Must be really demoralising cleaning windows whilst it’s pissing it down lol 

34 minutes ago, Manini said:

Just talking about it at work and it’s about a 50/50 split on who does and doesn’t. I think it’s just a nice thing to do, especially given our window cleaner is literally out in all weather. Must be really demoralising cleaning windows whilst it’s pissing it down lol 

Yeah same for me, it's just a nice gesture.

Not if your postmen are nicking stuff and your bin men are tw@ts though lol