Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

I reckon it would be lovely for all you business owners and news organisations to tip your friendly self-employed content providers this year. Some of them are feeling the pinch but really need another motorbike that their wife  isn’t allowing them to buy. 

On 29/11/2022 at 14:41, Manini said:

Do you tip your window cleaner/milk man/whatever at Christmas? 

Window cleaner no, but do always give the postman a bottle of wine (love my postman) and also leave out some beer for the dustbin people (can't say dustbin men, not because it might be offensive but one of them is a woman) 

On 29/11/2022 at 14:41, Manini said:

Do you tip your window cleaner/milk man/whatever at Christmas? 

I find it's a bit of a  generation thing. I'm a postman & 2 years ago, me & my 2 colleagues, who covered 2 rounds between us on a rotation, got £2500 pounds and loads of goodies( wine ,chocolate etc.) , we had done these rounds for 6 or 7 years & got to know most of the people. This was in an area that had a good percentage of elderly people who had been there years. Last year i moved to a new round with part industrial estate & part new build, which meant a good proportion of the families are young with small kids, I got a box of chocolates & a fiver.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steve555 said:

I find it's a bit of a  generation thing. I'm a postman & 2 years ago, me & my 2 colleagues, who covered 2 rounds between us on a rotation, got £2500 pounds and loads of goodies( wine ,chocolate etc.) , we had done these rounds for 6 or 7 years & got to know most of the people. This was in an area that had a good percentage of elderly people who had been there years. Last year i moved to a new round with part industrial estate & part new build, which meant a good proportion of the families are young with small kids, I got a box of chocolates & a fiver.

Wasn't there once something about declaring tips to Inland Revenue?

My Brother in Law was a milkman and this happened some years ago to him and his colleagues.

IIRC, the taxman assumed they received a certain amount, say £500, and they then paid tax on that amount.

8 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Wasn't there once something about declaring tips to Inland Revenue?

My Brother in Law was a milkman and this happened some years ago to him and his colleagues.

IIRC, the taxman assumed they received a certain amount, say £500, and they then paid tax on that amount.

If that's the case I didn't get a penny!😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Recent photo of Simon Cowell.. he’s saying  he had some Botox that went wrong. For someone who’s tv career was built around publicly ridiculing people then  please excuse me for not picking up the violin quite so quickly…

3AA5AAAF-76CF-4300-BE4D-0AAF30ECCA2D.jpeg

Edited by MPH

2 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Discovered that my wife's friend goes cave diving for a hobby and I'm struggling to think of a less relatable activity

Maybe she meant that he...no, let it go Dave, the comment is too obvious. lol

• Haha 4

I see another current affairs thread has bitten the dust 

China beginning to relax their covid restrictions- will be little by little but given that next month sees the whole country travelling around for new year, they could have picked a better time to do it.  Even in a country like that, protest has an effect !