Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

Christmas decorations are ridiculously expensive. Popped into a garden centre today. Some astonishing prices for some absolute tat.

Thankfully, Amazon came to the rescue for 1/4 of the price. Although, they're not being delivered until next week, which is disappointing. Assume @tom27111has the week off :P

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Christmas decorations are ridiculously expensive. Popped into a garden centre today. Some astonishing prices for some absolute tat.

Thankfully, Amazon came to the rescue for 1/4 of the price. Although, they're not being delivered until next week, which is disappointing. Assume @tom27111has the week off :P

Putting up the tree is something to be enjoyed by all

880AEBAF-220D-46C9-B9BD-2AB5E73726C8.jpeg.8c46af007f8e25c21bcdfaf0dae26582.jpeg

Edited by Mike Oxlong

6 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Doubt that this is happening at Amazon, @tom27111..?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-63890146

Quite disgusting.

Jesus.

Absolutely not! I don't have anything to do with packing and sorting, but the warehouse I collect from is massive. 

I imagine you could get 3 full size football pitches in the main warehouse, which is just 1 huge room.

Amazon is all automated for sorting, the Northampton depot had new equipment in the last couple of years, can sort hundreds of thousands of parcels an hour.

20 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Doubt that this is happening at Amazon, @tom27111..?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-63890146

Quite disgusting.

18 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Blimey! I was talking to someone at the weekend who had been waiting 3 weeks for 15 parcels from Evri.

Oh FFS, just ordered our black away shirt for the step-daughter.

I'd promised her one and she really wants to wear it for her first away at MK Dons.

Ordered from JD as I had a discount code, once I'd paid, I received an email saying its being delivered by...Evri :(

Edited by tom27111

42 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I went to the Turkish restaurant in Coalville called Imge earlier this year and it was really nice. Particularly if you like meat, then it's a no brainer. 

We keep saying we'll try there, must bump up the to do list.

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

Oh FFS, just ordered our black away shirt for the step-daughter.

I'd promised her one and she really wants to wear it for her first away at MK Dons.

Ordered from JD as I had a discount code, once I'd paid, I received an email saying its being delivered by...Evri :(

I ordered a couple of the clubs retro shirts from JD last Sunday evening, like you say delivery by Evri, came on Wednesday, so hopefully you'll be ok🤞

• Thanks 1

On 08/12/2022 at 18:19, whoareyaaa said:

People talking about heating in the ive got something to say thread but its not worth starting a topic when there is a thread on heating above it :ph34r:

People moaning in I have got something to say thread when there is grinds my gears thread which is designed for that purpose 🌚

• Haha 1

Ordered a personalised calendar of my 4 year old for my grandpa’s Xmas present…ended up getting in the post a personalised calendar of a random family, some quite personal photos. So I’m guessing the calendar of my son has been delivered to someone else?! Wife contacted the company and they aren’t sure but sending our original one out again. 

it’s funny but not comfortable about a calendar of my 4 year old potentially in the hands of some weirdo…

• Haha 1