Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

Shame their isn't a politics thread where I could comment on Rishi Sunak's latest "promises" to resolve the big problems with the country.

There isn't one so I can't.

It is all bollox anyway. (if you get my drift)

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Shame their isn't a politics thread where I could comment on Rishi Sunak's latest "promises" to resolve the big problems with the country.

There isn't one so I can't.

It is all bollox anyway. (if you get my drift)

People avoid talking about politics in this country. They just moan about the trains, the health service, the price of fuel, the price of everything, their taxes, the state of education, crime.

But no politics. Conflict must be avoided.

Edited by bovril
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, bovril said:

People avoid talking about politics in this country. They just moan about the trains, the health service, the price of fuel, the price of everything, their taxes, the state of education, crime.

But no politics. Conflict must be avoided.

Have the mods seen all the LCFC match threads lol

13 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

A number of us need to get out more, so I am going to set a good example and get some fresh air. 

Well said Peaky ..  hopefully a few others will follow your example ..  it’s good for you soul.    Maybe a foxestalk ramblers club and I can show you all how to forage ..  then we eat what we’ve found ..    outdoors of course  ! ..  :thumbup:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Well said Peaky ..  hopefully a few others will follow your example ..  it’s good for you soul.    Maybe a foxestalk ramblers club and I can show you all how to forage ..  then we eat what we’ve found ..    outdoors of course  ! ..  :thumbup:

I’m in!!  - booked myself on to a foraging course a while back but it was cancelled.

Looking forward to the snail porridge and magic mushroom soup 😋  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

As I have got older I have got into bad habit of booking events such as theatre tickets etc and as date arrives can't be bothered to go as either gone off the idea or some family issue is on my mind. 

Me too. Especially since the lock downs. I just don't like going anywhere any more. I make plans to visit people or like you said book somewhere even a holiday then when the time comes I can't be arsed. I've always been the outgoing person in my house but just don't like leaving the house. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

As I have got older I have got into bad habit of booking events such as theatre tickets etc and as date arrives can't be bothered to go as either gone off the idea or some family issue is on my mind. 

Same and have shamefully wasted money in the process

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

I feel the same way come matchday, only I try to contrive some family issue. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Out Foxed said:

next one is yellowstone...you don't want that. 

Watched a documentary on Yellowstone National Park some years ago and the super volcano that lies beneath.

If that ever goes off, we are fooked and, apparently, an eruption is overdue.

In better news however, geologist and volcanologists feel one is not happening in the foreseeable.

Anyone own a piano? I’ve got one, was my grandparents who left it to my mum who then left it to me. It’s been sitting in our back room in need of a bit of tlc. The kids have at times played it and I would like to learn, would also like one of the kids to have an attachment to it so they will be happy to have it one day. 

However as I said it needs a bit of tlc, a few dead keys, a couple of the black keys need sticking back on and it needs tuning. Does anyone have any idea it costs to tune a piano? And is this kind of work for minor repairs expensive? 

Without wanting to start a new thread has anyone had any issues when using the automated self service for food/drinks at the King Power?

Sit in the Family Stand and have rarely used it but took a few of my son's mates to the Fulham match for his birthday so used it a couple of times.

Bought 7 Fanta/water. 4 popcorn a sausage roll and a Balti Pie. 

Checked my balance today and I've been charged £48. I know the prices are bad but every way I've worked it out this is extreme. 

22 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Anyone own a piano? I’ve got one, was my grandparents who left it to my mum who then left it to me. It’s been sitting in our back room in need of a bit of tlc. The kids have at times played it and I would like to learn, would also like one of the kids to have an attachment to it so they will be happy to have it one day. 

However as I said it needs a bit of tlc, a few dead keys, a couple of the black keys need sticking back on and it needs tuning. Does anyone have any idea it costs to tune a piano? And is this kind of work for minor repairs expensive? 

It's costs around £200 to get one tuned and there are plenty that do it.

Be braced for the news that the years of neglect have warped the string boards and it is untunable! If you look on eBay there are loads of cheap pianos  for this reason, many can no longer be tuned.

As an example, my wife keeps a tub of water in hers as they don't appreciate underfloor heating. They are quite temperamental.

Anyone else trying to do a whole month of no takeaways - I'm trying to see how positively it impacts my health. I probably have one a week, with the odd mcdonalds, kfc etc littered around during the month. I swear sh*t takeaway food is a complete shambles for your overall health. 

• Like 1