Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

So goodlol

You ever seen the man himself around town?

Never met the man himself or seen one of these bad boys in the wild man, the thought of him watching a game on TV then suddenly seeing himself on a flag with absolutely no context of his local fame is 10/10

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Never met the man himself or seen one of these bad boys in the wild man, the thought of him watching a game on TV then suddenly seeing himself on a flag with absolutely no context of his local fame is 10/10

He still cuts about. Sad thing is though he is not one of us, supports the Ev.

I have a lot of friends who work in schools, most would be considerd woke by the right, and if I've learned one thing from what they told me its that teaching toxic masculinity at school is driving the counter narrative to creating a generation of Andrew Tate esque boys and young men to terrifying levels.

To most of us on the forum we have the intelligence and experience to realise the term toxic masculinity and recognise it for what it means. To the uneducated and young, they see the words toxic masculinity and think oh great we are going to be told boys and men are shit and here's why.

Whats wrong with the basic lessons of respect others and especially women as opposed to saying stop being shit men to 12 year olds?

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Nalis said:

I have a lot of friends who work in schools, most would be considerd woke by the right, and if I've learned one thing from what they told me its that teaching toxic masculinity at school is driving the counter narrative to creating a generation of Andrew Tate esque boys and young men to terrifying levels.

To most of us on the forum we have the intelligence and experience to realise the term toxic masculinity and recognise it for what it means. To the uneducated and young, they see the words toxic masculinity and think oh great we are going to be told boys and men are shit and here's why.

Whats wrong with the basic lessons of respect others and especially women as opposed to saying stop being shit men to 12 year olds?

This is what I’ve heard from my teaching friends too. Social media is clearly a problem, in exposing the nippers to people like Tate! The funny thing about toxic masculinity is that it comes out of a position of insecurity, it’s a shame that couldn’t be shared to counteract it. 

2 hours ago, Livid said:

Anyone else ordered anything online over the last few weeks ?

I’ve ordered a few things and it seems like everyone is taking about  6 or 7 days before they are being dispatched. 

Yeah not had any real issues. Had some clothes and books all delivered in normal time frames. Maybe a day or two longer in one case but nothing terrible. 

3 hours ago, Livid said:

Anyone else ordered anything online over the last few weeks ?

I’ve ordered a few things and it seems like everyone is taking about  6 or 7 days before they are being dispatched. 

Any particular supplier?

Everything I've ordered in the last 2 weeks has arrived in normal timeframes. Even the lamp I ordered from Habitat Greece arrived in 7 days.

7 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Any particular supplier?

Everything I've ordered in the last 2 weeks has arrived in normal timeframes. Even the lamp I ordered from Habitat Greece arrived in 7 days.

Zara, End Clothing and  Onitsuka Tiger all been really quick in the past but have taken 5-6 days to just to dispatch lately. 

Zara did eventually send it next day TBF, End I had to send a couple of emails before it was sent, Onitsuka (Dutch website sent from a warehouse in Germany) sent me a UPS tracking number last weekend but it didn’t move from their warehouse until yesterday and that was after chasing them up. 

22 hours ago, Livid said:

Zara, End Clothing and  Onitsuka Tiger all been really quick in the past but have taken 5-6 days to just to dispatch lately. 

Zara did eventually send it next day TBF, End I had to send a couple of emails before it was sent, Onitsuka (Dutch website sent from a warehouse in Germany) sent me a UPS tracking number last weekend but it didn’t move from their warehouse until yesterday and that was after chasing them up. 

End have gone from being 1 of the best around for delivery, to being absolutely dogshit. It’s put me off using them 

• Like 1

the chairman of the Tory party has been relieved of his duties 

Either the PM badly advised again or he made a v bad call to get to this point where he looks weak 

EDIT: apparently the commissioned report was delivered this morning so all seems reasonable (with process followed ) 

Edited by st albans fox

2 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Don’t tell me what makes me smile, 5-Live, because I can positively assure you that it certainly isn’t “I give private shows to murdering bigots” Beyoncé. 

Has Beyoncé been cancelled? Tried googling but all it comes up with is a collaboration with Britney Spears. What’s she done to be cancelled? 

On 31/01/2023 at 19:25, Free Falling Foxes said:

Gosh! I nearly embarrassed myself with a post.

I was just about to ask if the Foxestalk logo had gone all 'Norwich' for anyone else?

Just about to hit 'submit' when the penny dropped. :facepalm:

I'm still confused.

40 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Try the fridge.

I found a missing piece of tech in our fridge once. Assume I put it on the shelf when getting some milk out and left it there.

It’s got to the stage where I’m going to empty the bins on the drive.

1 minute ago, Daggers said:

It’s got to the stage where I’m going to empty the bins on the drive.

I purchased some new ear pods this week.  Convinced I'd left them at the gym.  Convinced.  Less than an hour after they were delivered my wife shouted down the stairs 'why the fluck are your headphones in the cats bed'.  Must have taken them out and put them down for just a second before stroking the old girl* and entirely forgot.  

*Disclaimer as this is FT I can confirm the old girl is an elderly cat and not a weird pet name for my penis. 

• Haha 4

Stand down everyone.

Thank you to all the people who have actively had a hunt around for them. They turned up inside a hoodie on my hoodie shelf.

No idea why the wife put them there. She says she didn’t, but the fact she found them is well suspicious in my book.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Stand down everyone.

Thank you to all the people who have actively had a hunt around for them. They turned up inside a hoodie on my hoodie shelf.

No idea why the wife put them there. She says she didn’t, but the fact she found them is well suspicious in my book.

Fvck me you've got a dedicated hoodie shelf?

Posh bugger :D