Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

17 hours ago, Parafox said:

Have you tried the Post Office café opposite the entrance to the car park?

If not, don't bother.

I asked for and got, a ham sandwich on brown bread. Literally that's exactly what I got. Supermarket ham on supermarket bread. Nothing else.

£3:50.

That said, went to the Park Deli last week. Soup and a wholegrain roll for Mrs P and Welsh rarebit (cheese on toast) for me.(Came with a wedge of tomato and some rocket (well, a leaf) and a few bits of other green leaves and a piece of cucumber) and 2 teas, thank you.

Nice as it was... £21.

**** off.

Been in a few times, thought the food was really good. Think I had a Panini last time, which came with salad and crisps.

4 hours ago, Daggers said:

Your reward for booking or CDing is that people buy your book or CD. 

Being voted best book or best CD maker is a steaming pile of gash - as is any popularity contest. Stop being so needy, celebrities. 

Your reward for streaming though is Spotify / Apple / Amazon etc making money and you getting a few cents.  Winning an award then might encourage people to come to your shows which could make you rich.

7 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Your reward for streaming though is Spotify / Apple / Amazon etc making money and you getting a few cents.  Winning an award then might encourage people to come to your shows which could make you rich.

Alright Bono, calm down. I hope you manage to become a billionaire.

PS Pay your taxes.

• Haha 1

I sometimes wonder what goes through some people's minds.....

This morning, I went to bring my wheelie bin back in. The recycling waste was still there as it's collected later - but someone had carefully deposited a plastic bag containing a dog shit next to my recycling bags. :blink:

I assume this wasn't an expression of hostility towards me as I've barely met anyone lately, never mind upset them - and if I had, the turd purveyor would surely have posted the excrement through my door or thrown it at me.

Likewise, I assume it wasn't a symbolic expression of contempt for recycling or a misguided belief that dog shit can be usefully recycled.

My best guess is that it was a blend of conformism, idleness, cowardice and disdain for others. I know it's a done thing for some folk to pick up their dog's shit and then hang the bag of turd on a tree branch.

I assume this turd purveyor felt a need to conform by picking up the excrement, was too idle to carry it until they saw an appropriate bin but too cowardly to risk being seen depositing their bag of shit in a wheelie bin. So they used the concealment afforded by the wall to sneakily leave it with my recycling bags.... Any alternative theories? :dunno: 

Edited by Alf Bentley

1 hour ago, Alf Bentley said:

I sometimes wonder what goes through some people's minds.....

This morning, I went to bring my wheelie bin back in. The recycling waste was still there as it's collected later - but someone had carefully deposited a plastic bag containing a dog shit next to my recycling bags. :blink:

I assume this wasn't an expression of hostility towards me as I've barely met anyone lately, never mind upset them - and if I had, the turd purveyor would surely have posted the excrement through my door or thrown it at me.

Likewise, I assume it wasn't a symbolic expression of contempt for recycling or a misguided belief that dog shit can be usefully recycled.

My best guess is that it was a blend of conformism, idleness, cowardice and disdain for others. I know it's a done thing for some folk to pick up their dog's shit and then hang the bag of turd on a tree branch.

I assume this turd purveyor felt a need to conform by picking up the excrement, was too idle to carry it until they saw an appropriate bin but too cowardly to risk being seen depositing their bag of shit in a wheelie bin. So they used the concealment afforded by the wall to sneakily leave it with my recycling bags.... Any alternative theories? :dunno: 

It is so annoying to come across scummy behaviour like this. Near where I live a waste bin outside a kiddies play area on a regular basis somebody dumps their household rubbish instead of using the correct bins at home. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

It is so annoying to come across scummy behaviour like this. Near where I live a waste bin outside a kiddies play area on a regular basis somebody dumps their household rubbish instead of using the correct bins at home. 

I should add the rubbish is not put in the bin but by it on grass

24 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Report it. Never gonna stop scumbags but the council should be damn well doing their jobs given the ludicrous council tax burden they impose in the UK. Report potholes as well. Be the change etc

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Report it. Never gonna stop scumbags but the council should be damn well doing their jobs given the ludicrous council tax burden they impose in the UK. Report potholes as well. Be the change etc

It's easy to say the council should sort it out and we pay them loads in council tax etc. but you just can't compensate for lazy, bone idle wasters who chuck their rubbish on the floor just expecting other people to clean up and sort out for them. 

The best thing to do would be to call out these tramps chucking litter or any kind of rubbish out in public, if we see it. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

It's easy to say the council should sort it out and we pay them loads in council tax etc. but you just can't compensate for lazy, bone idle wasters who chuck their rubbish on the floor just expecting other people to clean up and sort out for them. 

The best thing to do would be to call out these tramps chucking litter or any kind of rubbish out in public, if we see it. 

Oh yeh totally agree with that in theory. But you aren't always going to see the tramps dumping their litter, plus many won't be comfortable confronting the tramps. Plus tramps will always exist.

Given the tax burden is absolutely exceptional, not much to ask for absolutely exceptional service from councils, which I'm aware you do not get from useless councils for a whole host of reasons/excuses.

• Like 1

The case of this missing lady must be the worst example of internet detective I've ever witnessed. It's gross.

Everyone is a proper sleuth aren't they? It's the family. She's definitely in the water, she's definitely been taken, look at the site near to where she went missing, get her dog down there to sniff it out.

Absolutely abysmal stuff and awful for any friends or family. I'm realistic enough to know this was bound to happen but it feels like you're duty bound not to move past the story on your feed until you've spaffed some theory to the world and opine on what's happened to her, or cast doubt on everything as if they're watching Sky Crime channel.

Even a local newspaper has a YouTube/Facebook live to cash in and let speculation run wild recently.

Gross 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Further to the Nicola Bulley story, I don't like the fact that the boss of the private dive search team is talking to the press and hypothesising about what's happened to her. His job is to search the river, not speculate on what's gone on.

• Like 1

A rare but enjoyable game

When you see a social media post in any way linked to Ledley King you bet yourself how many posts you see before someone claims that he would have been Englands greatest defender minus his injury record without a shred of irony or tongue in cheek about it.

I saw one about him, Lennon and Keane at the Spurs match v Man City.

I guessed 4 posts, it was 3. Carl ' 80k at Wembley' Froch would be proud.

Edited by Nalis

41 minutes ago, Daggers said:

The Fawlty Towers reboot will be abysmal.

and will be cancelled because of that... then Cleese will scream woke culture cancelled it, Clarkson and half the FT forum will jump on board about how no one can have any fun any more, the mods will close down the Fawlty towers thread.

• Haha 2