Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

3 hours ago, ozleicester said:

and will be cancelled because of that... then Cleese will scream woke culture cancelled it, Clarkson and half the FT forum will jump on board about how no one can have any fun any more, the mods will close down the Fawlty towers thread.

... and this pathway has already begun on the TV shows thread.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Daggers said:

The Fawlty Towers reboot will be abysmal.

The timing is weird, the time to do it was surely the 90s?

Maybe Cleese has a tax bill to pay or they are using it as a platform to boost his daughter's profile.

I was just watching Beard v Food on YouTube and it happened to be a food challenge at Conners Cafe in Wigston.  

It has been the only challenge I've watched so far where the owner was rather unsportsmanlike and added a lot of food to the normal challenge.  Would have to be the place in Leicester wouldn't it?

I wonder if anyone here has attempted the normal sized Lozza sandwich challenge.

9 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

If you're thinking of Crossroads, that was before Fawlty Towers.

:whistle:

Three attempted remakes of Fawlty Towers were started for the American market, with two making it into production. The first, Chateau Snavely starring Harvey Korman and Betty White, was produced by ABC for a pilot in 1978, but the transfer from coastal hotel to highway motel proved too much and the series never was produced. The second, also by ABC, was Amanda's, starring Bea Arthur, notable for switching the sexes of its Basil and Sybil equivalents. It also failed to pick up a major audience and was dropped after ten episodes had been aired, although 13 episodes were shot.[62] A third remake, called Payne (produced by and starring John Larroquette), was produced in 1999, but was cancelled shortly after. Nine episodes were produced of which eight aired on American television (though the complete run was broadcast overseas). A German pilot based on the sitcom was made in 2001, named Zum letzten Kliff (To the last cliff), but further episodes were not made after its first series.

Went to get some fuel, got home and realized I'd left my wallet at the garage. Went back to the garage, walked up to the counter and explained to the same bloke who served me 30 mins earlier that I'd paid for my fuel and bit's and left my wallet on the counter.

"No you didn't" he said

"I think you'll find I did" I replied

"No, you didn't" has says.

So I can feel my blood boiling and told him that someone must have nicked my wallet off the counter and I wanted him to check the CCTV.

"No, I'm not going to do that" he says.

By this stage I'm livid and demand to speak to the Manager.

"No need to do that" he says, and proceeds to hand me my wallet.

"You walked out with it and must have dropped it by the pump then drove off. Someone kindly picked it up and handed it in"

Thankfully there are still some decent people around (the person who handed it in, not the assistant, he was an arse)

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Went to get some fuel, got home and realized I'd left my wallet at the garage. Went back to the garage, walked up to the counter and explained to the same bloke who served me 30 mins earlier that I'd paid for my fuel and bit's and left my wallet on the counter.

"No you didn't" he said

So I can feel my blood boiling and told him that someone must have nicked my wallet off the counter and I wanted him to check the CCTV.

"You walked out with it and must have dropped it by the pump then drove off. Someone kindly picked it up and handed it in"

Thankfully there are still some decent people around (the person who handed it in, not the assistant, he was an arse)

What a weird little power trip he was trying to get

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Izzy said:

"No you didn't" he said

Some weird little gimps out there 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Izzy said:

"No you didn't" he said

Technically he was right though and maybe just messing ..  my  sort of humour I’m afraid .. good story though Muzzet and had me tittering !  

And you got your wallet back ! ..   :thumbup:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

I've never understood why Leicester fans use the acronym "COYB" in online posts.

I've never seen anyone shout or sing "Come on you Blues" at our games.

Maybe an older fan thing? I vaguely remember people shouting that at games when I was young, could've imagined it though

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, bovril said:

Maybe an older fan thing? I vaguely remember people shouting that at games when I was young, could've imagined it though

28 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Definitely remember it at Filbert Street. Particularly when we were behind late on and pushing for an equaliser.

Always thought it was  ..  Come on you blue boyyys !! ..  

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Personally if I found someone's wallet I'd keep it and get in touch with them in person. I wouldn't trust some gimp working at the local petrol station. 

Then again, having just thought that through, I'm not sure how I'd be able to get in contact with them. 

Me and my mate found a bank card on the street once and found the person on Facebook so we messaged them that way to reunited them with their card. Not everyone has FB though I guess.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

I've never understood why Leicester fans use the acronym "COYB" in online posts.

I've never seen anyone shout or sing "Come on you Blues" at our games.

I think I've heard it quite a few times over the years. Not as common as "come on Leicester" obviously but the problem with using the acronym for that on here is you run the risk of getting a lecture about Amartey or how England not winning the world cup is the fault of woke snowflakes.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Izzy said:

"No you didn't" he said

The cashier sounds like a right tw4t!

Kind of thing I'd do though to be fair lol

2 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Technically he was right though and maybe just messing ..  my  sort of humour I’m afraid .. good story though Muzzet and had me tittering !  

2 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

The cashier sounds like a right tw4t!

Kind of thing I'd do though to be fair lol

You hilarious pair of penis's :rolleyes:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Izzy said:

"No you didn't" he said

It is entirely possible he was going to keep it for himself. When you talked about CCTV and get me the manager, he came up with the forecourt bit.

Similar thing: My dad handed his lotto ticket to a shopkeeper to see if it was a winner. The lad said no and went to throw the ticket in the bin. My dad said he wanted it back.

Turned out he had 4 numbers. Ok, not a fortune but the lad behind the counter spied a dishonest opportunity to pocket it himself.

Edited by Free Falling Foxes
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

It is entirely possible he was going to keep it for himself. When you talked about CCTV and get me the manager, he came up with the forecourt bit.

Similar thing: My dad handed his lotto ticket to a shopkeeper to see if it was a winner. The lad said no and went to throw the ticket in the bin. My dad said he wanted it back.

Turned out he had 4 numbers. Ok, not a fortune but the lad behind the counter spied a dishonest opportunity to pocket it himself.

That did cross my mind tbh.

I'm still convinced I put my card back in my wallet after paying, and then left it on the counter. I was carrying some screen wash, deicer and chocolates with both hands and swear I didn't put my wallet in my pocket.

And I'm sure I'd have heard/noticed it fall out my pocket as I got back in the car so I reckon you might be right.

Edited by Izzy

3 hours ago, Izzy said:

"No you didn't" he said

:fishing: 

Reeled you right in like Bob Mortimer with a Minnow.

• Haha 1