Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

Early to mid 90's, just before kick off, it was a lone voice from the kop who, always managed to time it perfectly, and scream at the top of his voice "COME ON YOU CITY SLICKERS".

I have no idea who you are, or why you did it, but it was glorious and I'd like to shake your hand.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Early to mid 90's, just before kick off, it was a lone voice from the kop who, always managed to time it perfectly, and scream at the top of his voice "COME ON YOU CITY SLICKERS".

I have no idea who you are, or why you did it, but it was glorious and I'd like to shake your hand.

Back in the day when I first went to matches as medical cover (and I'm talking the old Filbert St) we sat pitch-side and there was always the same guy behind us shouting "close him down and make him kick it" at every forward foray by any opposition player. It was like a phrase on repeat.

I never understood it but it made me smile.

25 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

The start of the Miners Strike is now as close to World War 2 as it is present day. I'm sure that will make a few on here feel old. 

Christ, is that true? Mind you, I still think the early 80's were about 20 years ago, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Yes it makes me feel old, you're right lol

2 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

The start of the Miners Strike is now as close to World War 2 as it is present day. I'm sure that will make a few on here feel old. 

1 hour ago, FoxesDeb said:

Christ, is that true? Mind you, I still think the early 80's were about 20 years ago, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Yes it makes me feel old, you're right lol

Good lord. Yep, feeling old. 

And yes, I'm with you Deb. When someone says 30 years ago, I still think 1970. And there's no way the '90s are retro! 

Just had a fire in the hospital,near the kitchen under where I am in a station..

fking  got me worried for a moment…I can’t move,I am bed ridden…

People shouting everywhere , pleading passers by to open the doors,Thank god

It turned out to be a builders container ,within the complex next to the kitchen..

but hell of a lot of smoke billowing out,blocking out the sky for 1-2 minutes,

Scary moments..:unsure:

Thought I was going to be on the Hospital menu..

not KFC, but Fuchs NTF…nuggets toasted & fried….That would be a set up for a humerous  & weird epitaph….

Carnival weekend as well…Caspers singing…‘oh I am on fire’ with live effects…

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Pandas, 15 ice princesses,(really beautifully done, puff and his dragons matesof all colours,Teddy bears,cockerels,spacemen,over dressed doctors,nurses,birds of all kinds,Robots,Marchinettes,Arabs,insects of all kinds with two legs…& WTFs

and Ramba-Samba girls .

passing under my hospital window…not fancy dress at Lords

But Germans  celebrating carnival/Fasching,from grandads,to little kids,all a bit kitch,but good fun…

• Like 1

If we were to bring back the death penalty like Tories like Lee Anderson want, we don't currently have any people here with enough executioner experience.

So we'd have to recruit executioners from abroad, from countries that have the death penalty, to at least train some of us up to do it.

Which would really piss the Tories off considering how much they hate migrants.

I don't think they've thought this all through.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

If we were to bring back the death penalty like Tories like Lee Anderson want, we don't currently have any people here with enough executioner experience.

So we'd have to recruit executioners from abroad, from countries that have the death penalty, to at least train some of us up to do it.

TBF accordijng to the Tories all immigrants are murderers so should be easy to find a recruit.

6 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

I'm not too worried about this policy to be honest.  Given their inability to stick people on a plane to Rwanda, I am thinking the precise number of people who would actually be executed before a change in the law to ban it again would be zero.