Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

Bar a few threads general chat is absolutely rubbish these days.

Yeah, I kinda agree. Not sure what the reason is really. Gen chat used to be a good laugh but it seems a bit monotonous these days. 

Maybe it needs some new/different threads or some of the old regulars back posting to give it a spark. I dunno. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Yeah, I kinda agree. Not sure what the reason is really. Gen chat used to be a good laugh but it seems a bit monotonous these days. 

Maybe it needs some new/different threads or some of the old regulars back posting to give it a spark. I dunno. 

Too little running feuds if you ask me. Used to live for watching the vitriole. Way less sniping.

• Like 1

I'll just say it: the direct pol ban, while it's likely calmed things down, is the reason why Gen Chat appears as dull as it is now.

I think that's reasonably obvious considering the two correspond sharply IMO.

As I've said before, I can see why it was done but this is what happens as a result.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Too little running feuds if you ask me. Used to live for watching the vitriole. Way less sniping.

True, plus it is harder to bait people. I thought I got lcfc098 with a humdinger last week and it would start off a decent battle. But the poster was far too mature for me and swotted me off with absolute ease. On that point, strangely lcfc098 and lcfcjosh are the only two posters who's usernames I can see on my phone.

• Haha 2

So I'm one of those engineers that makes stuff but has absolutely no idea what any of the stuff I make actually does. 

However, I've just had a message from a new client who we've spent the last 3 months doing work for and he's absolutely chuffed to bits with what we've made. We've basically made an entire production line with automated arms assembling these parts together. He sent a video of it, and it's ridiculously satisfying. 

FeelsGoodMan. :D

• Like 4

Mrs wanted to buy some tickets for an event at a theatre in London in June. When she was selecting seats it kept getting to the end where she was putting her bank details in, selecting complete order and then she kept getting a screen that said something went wrong. No order confirmation screen or anything like that. She repeated the process a few times and then gave up and just thought the website was faulty (she showed me the screen, nothing untoward it just looked like the website wasn’t working properly, in essence just kicking her out as soon as she was clicking confirm order). 

She’s then checked her emails later and she’s got 6 different order confirmation emails and she’s nearly a grand lighter in her bank. She tried to ring the box office but closed until tomorrow and the website makes it very clear they don’t offer refunds. She’s absolutely distraught, hoping that when she gets to speak to somebody tomorrow they’ll understand and try and sort it but I’ve got a nagging feeling they won’t refund her (haven’t said that to her). I guess it’s a lesson learnt (if you’ve put bank details in always check to see no money has been taken) but a very easy mistake to make. I’d have probably tried again. Very stressful. Praying they see it’s clearly a mistake. She still wants to keep one of the orders so hopefully that helps her case too. 

44 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Containing Olympic silver medalist Sharron Davies, in a turn that literally nobody expected.

She's got places to go and she's furious about it

Don’t say she’s gone full Le Tissier. 

No one should ever go full Le Tissier. 

11 minutes ago, Manini said:

Mrs wanted to buy some tickets for an event at a theatre in London in June. When she was selecting seats it kept getting to the end where she was putting her bank details in, selecting complete order and then she kept getting a screen that said something went wrong. No order confirmation screen or anything like that. She repeated the process a few times and then gave up and just thought the website was faulty (she showed me the screen, nothing untoward it just looked like the website wasn’t working properly, in essence just kicking her out as soon as she was clicking confirm order). 

She’s then checked her emails later and she’s got 6 different order confirmation emails and she’s nearly a grand lighter in her bank. She tried to ring the box office but closed until tomorrow and the website makes it very clear they don’t offer refunds. She’s absolutely distraught, hoping that when she gets to speak to somebody tomorrow they’ll understand and try and sort it but I’ve got a nagging feeling they won’t refund her (haven’t said that to her). I guess it’s a lesson learnt (if you’ve put bank details in always check to see no money has been taken) but a very easy mistake to make. I’d have probably tried again. Very stressful. Praying they see it’s clearly a mistake. She still wants to keep one of the orders so hopefully that helps her case too. 

I reckon they'll refund it. 

16 minutes ago, Manini said:

Distance selling law says you've got 14 days to request a refund. 

https://www.gov.uk/accepting-returns-and-giving-refunds#:~:text=Online%2C mail and phone order sales&text=You must offer a refund,of receiving the goods back.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

Very helpful, thank you. I think things purchased for a specific date or within a specific period (I.e. a ticket) are exempt from distance selling laws from what I can see. But we’ll find out tomorrow I suppose. 

Actually, Gov website says different. So we might have a chance after all. 

Edited by Manini

37 minutes ago, Manini said:

Defo contact the card provider. Pay on credit card? That’ll make it a lot easier to refund