Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

Testosterone levels aside, I don't think it can be argued in the slightest that there are still physical differences that may not make any difference to your average citizen but in the confines of MMA or such, give a huge advantage. 

Bone density, helps improve punching and makes it less likely to break bones. 

Heart/lung size, helps pump more oxygen around the body giving better stamina.

Thicker wrists, ankles, elbows, knees, hands, feet etc, giving advantage in striking and holding submissions. 

Thicker neck, far less likely to be knocked out. 

These are all massive and dangerous advantages that a Trans woman has in a fighting environment especially after a later transition. In a fight I saw a while back, there was a Trans woman named Alana Mcglaughlin who fought a cis woman and she was no where near as skilled a fighter as the other lady but eventually won the fight because of these advantages. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scotch said:

Testosterone levels aside, I don't think it can be argued in the slightest that there are still physical differences that may not make any difference to your average citizen but in the confines of MMA or such, give a huge advantage. 

Bone density, helps improve punching and makes it less likely to break bones. 

Heart/lung size, helps pump more oxygen around the body giving better stamina.

Thicker wrists, ankles, elbows, knees, hands, feet etc, giving advantage in striking and holding submissions. 

Thicker neck, far less likely to be knocked out. 

These are all massive and dangerous advantages that a Trans woman has in a fighting environment especially after a later transition. In a fight I saw a while back, there was a Trans woman named Alana Mcglaughlin who fought a cis woman and she was no where near as skilled a fighter as the other lady but eventually won the fight because of these advantages. 

I think it is for sports bodies to make that decision. I'm of the opinion it's not actually dangerous but a competitive fairness issue based on what I've read. But that's just my opinion. 

9 hours ago, LiberalFox said:

I think it is for sports bodies to make that decision. I'm of the opinion it's not actually dangerous but a competitive fairness issue based on what I've read. But that's just my opinion. 

Which is fine as long as those sports bodies are not being aggressively lobbied by the likes of Stonewall or Mermaids who really could not be more wrong on their approach imo.

I'm curious on people's further thoughts on this.

Judging by discussion elsewhere, Korean culinary and other cultural influence is picking up in the UK in a sizeable way. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I'd be interested to know how much more people know about the place these days after being away for so long.

Justin Hawkins (lead singer of The Darkness) actually has a decent YouTube channel. He watches and reviews other music and occasionally has guests on. 

He had Vic Reeves on recently which was hilarious, because Vic has more number one singles than Justin! They had an interesting discussion about artists "selling out" and doing adverts.

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Wellgosh going is a crap day.

Yeah proper done me this, I know it’s only a rebrand as such but wellgosh was a massive part of me growing up. Shaped pretty much everything I’m passionate about from my teenage years up until now in my early 30s. Remember going to their parties, shop events and all sorts. Just feels like a huge loss for the city 

• Like 1

On 26/02/2023 at 05:04, leicsmac said:

I'm curious on people's further thoughts on this.

Judging by discussion elsewhere, Korean culinary and other cultural influence is picking up in the UK in a sizeable way. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I'd be interested to know how much more people know about the place these days after being away for so long.

Depends what you mean by sizeable but any decent sized city has a good Korean food option, especiallly student cities and towns with large groups of student from that part of the world. I'm partial to a Bibimbap.

So the hospital I work for has decided in will no longer sell water in plastic bottles in any way shape or form. Not to the patients, not in the vending machines and not in their shop either. They went through a stage of selling water in something similar to the old milk cartons.. like a waxy type cardboard but now they have progressed to this. Metal bottles. I’m not sure how I feel about water being served in a metal bottle and I don’t understand the logic behind it.. I’m happy to be enlightened  if there’s anyone informed.. are they banking on the idea that it’s more likely to be recycled if it’s a metal bottle? Less harmful for the environment if not recycled?

im trying to get over the fact it might be something new and I don’t like change… but I remain unconvinced by the thought process behind it!

39F77907-B02C-42F6-877D-E5CA9111E6B2.jpeg

Edited by MPH

About  ayear ago i upgraded to a secondhand electric bike... i spent quite some time searching and finding the right bike at the right price, got it and loved it, meant i could drop the car for my work commute and little trips to the shpps that the old knees were refusing.

In December it was stolen from out of my garage, i was gutted, i really liked it and with the thieves only taking the bike and charger and not keys... odds were they would just wreck.... gave it a couple of months but accepted i wasnt getting it back and decided that i needed to start looking all over again... a good few weeks/months of looking and pricing i finally found what i thought was a good option... at about the right price :)

Got the bike home to find that it lacked power and was pretty shit... decided perhaps it was just the battery, but given my complete lack of tech knowlegde and skill was i game to risk effectively double what the bike cost to get a new battery... anyway in the end i got the battery, had it fitted... and KABOOM the bike is brilliant, strolling up the hills and cruising all over. Really happy with it and back out pedalling...(now ive just gotta make sure it doesnt get pinched again)

Just thought id share a good news story :) on a Friday afternoon

Edit.. I may have been slightly swayed by the colour :)

2nd Edit... rode to work in the rain this morning.... Rain.. yes the first drops since November... yessssss :)

QRTwJoz7bO8m0Di9qOtDu9deex4uQ_WALjHqnUKSuJnu5REG0uDhEm0FuB6s3LnfT6hUdtR_4IHGyRXrU0Zb11o1f4yDycCJdLBTXvUh1Emhxatrj-caSwBHCgb0j71PRsRkWUMEdH7sag2m-pzJPpOgTWAz4AgcLczK3mtxr2O9vu8sft_Wbb1GN04GNxDjw9yyn1_YSknPFVyh9fKWsFXcix3u8fL_gyFLdCkR8ZUNuQPwXiweDu2R3_SGsOF9lYR9Z0HuZgd5sUtgHlkKE1iMt9s2Kcb5m_pZV6IvJesLitWyM8BdB2UxtNVxs1dUks_1oBrAuye5XjEV4Xc3idU3q4CAJZcsHeD0ZxsFeBIN5CH2G0f9igPEb5fOtY79JTbl7gobLRA8yOeDqYnZzrsPQwqqsfAJ0hg3IBQboXaaguBNL_MvlF8siRXfwbvw0ogwDmq2qGoN5hHaZwS1uJAyXVKU1Vnyd19z3SwkPKmdLe9yT_Lty0Uq3qENhP6FWlA0rlX_CFigftGuF9a9vYTqhHS1sa8ctGg9-cgXZY7LHTX0Dfrr0wITAJZXOAlh7SY1FaDfmdLXs_rSE7s377O2spNciL1Sro4IxvINrTgYx21_ENzz8UjJxRVHbXkgK-taK0gcqbVuaWu30x-9PUPUqqilLIjkKwVBRSXVqw4gDWQXV16VOuGxEhm_LmyioTl_wh8FvYt1vSyLBekKO1O_7PTy_MqMxjRWlcPCbbRI2ZsN0BGrtMFJ35U3JUKsFaJtUmV5wGXYk1ILof_CsE1HdPXX39DSKa5-Y4lgGYofEDLvhp6DGAQAW5t_Lsa2GyeVx1XZs39A-PPlMGhMmRPDWo0siKfDuLOterRSIOrodOQlaGVkBjIhP9qT7EzDu4TnRJsRn41Lpka_lU9Z7jbryttZ2i7ZVqOn3skbx-S9xw=w1204-h903-no?authuser=0

Edited by ozleicester
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ozleicester said:

About  ayear ago i upgraded to a secondhand electric bike... i spent quite some time searching and finding the right bike at the right price, got it and loved it, meant i could drop the car for my work commute and little trips to the shpps that the old knees were refusing.

In December it was stolen from out of my garage, i was gutted, i really liked it and with the thieves only taking the bike and charger and not keys... odds were they would just wreck.... gave it a couple of months but accepted i wasnt getting it back and decided that i needed to start looking all over again... a good few weeks/months of looking and pricing i finally found what i thought was a good option... at about the right price :)

Got the bike home to find that it lacked power and was pretty shit... decided perhaps it was just the battery, but given my complete lack of tech knowlegde and skill was i game to risk effectively double what the bike cost to get a new battery... anyway in the end i got the battery, had it fitted... and KABOOM the bike is brilliant, strolling up the hills and cruising all over. Really happy with it and back out pedalling...(now ive just gotta make sure it doesnt get pinched again)

Just thought id share a good news story :) on a Friday afternoon

Edit.. I may have been slightly swayed by the colour :)

2nd Edit... rode to work in the rain this morning.... Rain.. yes the first drops since November... yessssss :)

QRTwJoz7bO8m0Di9qOtDu9deex4uQ_WALjHqnUKSuJnu5REG0uDhEm0FuB6s3LnfT6hUdtR_4IHGyRXrU0Zb11o1f4yDycCJdLBTXvUh1Emhxatrj-caSwBHCgb0j71PRsRkWUMEdH7sag2m-pzJPpOgTWAz4AgcLczK3mtxr2O9vu8sft_Wbb1GN04GNxDjw9yyn1_YSknPFVyh9fKWsFXcix3u8fL_gyFLdCkR8ZUNuQPwXiweDu2R3_SGsOF9lYR9Z0HuZgd5sUtgHlkKE1iMt9s2Kcb5m_pZV6IvJesLitWyM8BdB2UxtNVxs1dUks_1oBrAuye5XjEV4Xc3idU3q4CAJZcsHeD0ZxsFeBIN5CH2G0f9igPEb5fOtY79JTbl7gobLRA8yOeDqYnZzrsPQwqqsfAJ0hg3IBQboXaaguBNL_MvlF8siRXfwbvw0ogwDmq2qGoN5hHaZwS1uJAyXVKU1Vnyd19z3SwkPKmdLe9yT_Lty0Uq3qENhP6FWlA0rlX_CFigftGuF9a9vYTqhHS1sa8ctGg9-cgXZY7LHTX0Dfrr0wITAJZXOAlh7SY1FaDfmdLXs_rSE7s377O2spNciL1Sro4IxvINrTgYx21_ENzz8UjJxRVHbXkgK-taK0gcqbVuaWu30x-9PUPUqqilLIjkKwVBRSXVqw4gDWQXV16VOuGxEhm_LmyioTl_wh8FvYt1vSyLBekKO1O_7PTy_MqMxjRWlcPCbbRI2ZsN0BGrtMFJ35U3JUKsFaJtUmV5wGXYk1ILof_CsE1HdPXX39DSKa5-Y4lgGYofEDLvhp6DGAQAW5t_Lsa2GyeVx1XZs39A-PPlMGhMmRPDWo0siKfDuLOterRSIOrodOQlaGVkBjIhP9qT7EzDu4TnRJsRn41Lpka_lU9Z7jbryttZ2i7ZVqOn3skbx-S9xw=w1204-h903-no?authuser=0

Haha indeed it was nice to have the smell of wet earth in the nostrils this morning!  I couldn't recall any rain this year, but apparently it was only 51 dry days in a row.