Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

17 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

I ate meat today and wondered if I need meat in my life anymore. I've always loved meat.

I made an almost identical post a few months ago, my growing indifference to meat has surprised me really! I'm just very take it or leave it now, but before I was always of the opinion that a meal wasn't a proper meal without meat.

I find it difficult to cook at home without it as my husband pretty much flatly refuses to eat anything without meat, but when we eat out I try to eat veggie only, and if I can make something with and without easily at home I will.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I've spent a disproportionate amount of time in recent days researching hamster tubes and thought I should point out that this is absolutely about enriching the rodent's life and in no way related to any sort of Richard Gere urban myth type perversion

Aaaaaaaarmageddon!

On 28/02/2023 at 00:04, CosbehFox said:

Anyone caught any aurora in their neck of woods? Been out for a walk but too cloudy here and too near the M1. Either way the sky was very eerie and full of light 

Seems like East Leics have the best chance. 

I managed to catch it but was a bit disappointed. Just looked like strange looking clouds with a very slight tinge but when I held my phone up to it looked far better on the screen as it picked up the light far better. If I didn’t have my phone I’d just think it was some weird clouds.

I know this is typical of a “weak” Aurora where it’s very unimpressive with the naked eye but looks great on photos so not going to judge the proper northern lights by that, but I can’t help feeling a bit disappointed by the whole thing.

Edited by Sampson

4 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I've spent a disproportionate amount of time in recent days researching hamster tubes and thought I should point out that this is absolutely about enriching the rodent's life and in no way related to any sort of Richard Gere urban myth type perversion

Somewhat related to the topic of hamsters and urban myths, but this is still one of the most bizarre urban myths that turned out to actually be true I’ve ever heard about

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Somewhat related to the topic of hamsters and urban myths, but this is still one of the most bizarre urban myths that turned out to actually be true I’ve ever heard about

That's great. What were the chances of the bloke that actually did it still being alive?

Good to know all is not lost if we should accidentally freeze our hamster solid

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Genuinely interested. Disproportionate to what ? The tube could be a life changing experience for said hamster ! 

41 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Genuinely interested. Disproportionate to what ? The tube could be a life changing experience for said hamster ! 

Well that's the hope.

She's a sturdy example of a larger breed - the mighty Syrian. I've enough on my plate to not have to contend with my kids coming downstairs to find the fat f*** dead after getting stuck in a tube of insufficient width for her ample girth.

It's a minefield, but I'm pleased to report that after installation last night she's successfully negotiated the new system without getting wedged. If she keeps eating at the rate she has been I'll have to make her some tunnels out of sewer pipe

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

That's great. What were the chances of the bloke that actually did it still being alive?

Good to know all is not lost if we should accidentally freeze our hamster solid

He actually died last summer aged 103 sadly.

Definitely a good life goal to look that mischievously happy when telling a story about bizarre science experiments when you're in your 100s.

14 minutes ago, Sampson said:

He actually died last summer aged 103 sadly.

Definitely a good life goal to look that mischievously happy when telling a story about bizarre science experiments when you're in your 100s.

That's a shame. I was going to try and set him up with my Gran - she's 102

• Haha 1

Any of you in Leicestershire hear/feel what is being reported as a sonic boom?

Was about 12.15 this afternoon.

Shook the house here in Northampton and reports of it being felt in Leicester and Oxford too.

Edit... just found this:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/breaking-leicester-explosion-mystery-hundreds-29372007

Edited by tom27111

6 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Mrs. FFF, who is currently out, has just sent me an incomprehensible text message.

I know from experience that if I point this out, it'll be my fault for not having the deciphering skills of Bletchley park,  GCHQ and MI5 combined.

What's a man to do?

send back this emoji
:plancque:

1 hour ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Mrs. FFF, who is currently out, has just sent me an incomprehensible text message.

I know from experience that if I point this out, it'll be my fault for not having the deciphering skills of Bletchley park,  GCHQ and MI5 combined.

What's a man to do?

Agree. Even though you have no idea what the message says, just agree.

• Like 2