Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Tik Tok, Daggers, really? 

I love the TikToks. The algorithm has sussed that I enjoy videos of puppies being cute. It’s a lovely corner of the internet that contains no trolls, willy pullers, or fascists. 

• Haha 1

Do blacksmith still exist? Lol I know dumb question but I have some old tools that I inherited from my dad some are beyond repair so I was wondering if I could melt em down and make a fancy kitchen knife. I tried googling but only comes up with American stuff or history of blacksmiths 

23 minutes ago, TeamRocket said:

Do blacksmith still exist? Lol I know dumb question but I have some old tools that I inherited from my dad some are beyond repair so I was wondering if I could melt em down and make a fancy kitchen knife. I tried googling but only comes up with American stuff or history of blacksmiths 

Someone must be making all those horse shoes

3 hours ago, TeamRocket said:

There's a Blacksmith's college in Hereford they may be able to direct you to someone.

There are lots of blacksmith's making fancy knives in the UK but whether they'd be willing to melt old tools to make one I don't know.  But they might be able to point you in the right direction. 

Simon Maillet in Sheffield and Red Five Forge, I think in Suffolk, are two you can google but there's plenty of others.  

• Like 1

Watched that Woodstock 99 the other day.. (and then something else i cant remember right now), but they both made me ask the question...

What happened to create that "mosh pit" mindset?
Why did so many young (men in particular) become so wild?
What are those people doing now?

Was it a 90s version of hooliganism?

Was anyone here a mosh pitter? How was it? what drove your enjoyment? Did you ever suffer a serious injury?

I have so many questions :)

Edit - Yes, i have put my cardigan on, opened my flask, and sat down for a good rest before i start shaking my fist at clouds! lol 

Edited by ozleicester

13 hours ago, TeamRocket said:

Smith & Sons, Broughton

https://www.blacksmiths-shop.co.uk

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Bordersfox said:

There's a Blacksmith's college in Hereford they may be able to direct you to someone.

There are lots of blacksmith's making fancy knives in the UK but whether they'd be willing to melt old tools to make one I don't know.  But they might be able to point you in the right direction. 

Simon Maillet in Sheffield and Red Five Forge, I think in Suffolk, are two you can google but there's plenty of others.  

Barkby Forge.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

The world is so money-centric, success is measured too frequently on how much you earn rather. Find myself too easily slipping into that frame of mind and trying to bring myself back to realisation 

For me time is more important than money 

I know that if you don’t have some money there are limitations on what you can do with time but I’m at a point where by way of example I’m  thinking to buy that new car I have to work x hours on which I’ll pay y tax. Ok the new car would be nice but the one I’ve got is perfectly fine and I don’t want the stress and commitment of working more and paying more to the  taxman just to drive round in something newer with a few more gadgets so I’ll be fine with what I’ve got and appreciate the time that I would have spent working by doing things that I enjoy 

I realise that I’m fortunate to be in this position 

• Like 2

Definitely not having some sort of breakdown episode 237:

I don't seem to be able to listen to the instrumental version of Dos Oraguitas from Encanto without being moved to tears.

I've lost fairly close relatives without crying, and this is a song about two caterpillars FFS. Curse you and your ability to shit out fantastic tunes seemingly at will, Lin-Manuel Miranda

• Like 1