Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

4 hours ago, jonthefox said:

I’ve just been bitten by a squirrel 😳. Do I have to have a tetanus jab now?.

FoxesTalk just never disappoints. In the midst of the misery and squabbling on here, there's always a post to surprise.

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, leicsmac said:

As much as totalitarianism is horrible, I'm curious to know exactly how this particular development leads directly to a 1984-style dystopia.

Inviting microphones into the house, and cameras, is lifted almost verbatim from 1984 isn't it?

9 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Inviting microphones into the house, and cameras, is lifted almost verbatim from 1984 isn't it?

Yeah, absolutely.

I'm just not getting how one gets from microphones and cameras in a house to Airstrip One. Having that kind of device freely available doesn't necessarily = dystopia.

12 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

The telescreen in 1984 is more or less the next evolution of technology isn't it? We've already got microphones in the home that are supposedly off but they're not really.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Bit of an odd first day, fully remote today just basically reading a lot of introductory things.

Tomorrow will be a bit more nerve wracking going in to meet the team etc 

If your posts are anything to go on then you will smash it. Cant give any advice as ive been in the same job for 25 years so never been in that position. It will be ok they hired you for a reason.

• Thanks 1

On 26/03/2023 at 07:08, CosbehFox said:

On that note will BBC be having a word with Lord Sugar for sharing a video from that absolute willy puller Laurence Fox? It’s a horrific thing to share but it’s an event from nearly two years ago as well 

Have the offenders been brought to justice?  If not why shouldn't he share it?  Fox being an attention seeking twat doesn't make everything he does wrong per se.

16 hours ago, Foxdiamond said:

That Carling advert where bloke's mates pretend there is a goal. A. I would not be taking a toilet break during a match even at my great age. B. Would not be impressed with idiot mates pretending we had scored.

I agree, but they’re drinking Carling so they must just be idiots.

• Like 2

I loved living abroad and never wanted to go back to the UK. Pretty much decided that I’m off again. The wife has agreed it’ll be for the best, so I’m now accepting invitations from welcoming nations with warm seas and a slack approach to law enforcement. I can work from anywhere, really looking forward to seeing where this takes me. Diving opportunities essential, cheap food a must. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I loved living abroad and never wanted to go back to the UK. Pretty much decided that I’m off again. The wife has agreed it’ll be for the best, so I’m now accepting invitations from welcoming nations with warm seas and a slack approach to law enforcement. I can work from anywhere, really looking forward to seeing where this takes me. Diving opportunities essential, cheap food a must. 

Panama? Costa Rica?  Lots of canadians go down there. Cant speak for cost of living though

47 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I'm going in the opposite direction this autumn, but honestly I'm not sure how much time I'll stay in the UK, given all that is going on. Will depend very much on opportunities.

On 20/03/2023 at 18:05, UniFox21 said:

Bit of an odd first day, fully remote today just basically reading a lot of introductory things.

Tomorrow will be a bit more nerve wracking going in to meet the team etc 

How was your first week?

On 20/03/2023 at 09:05, jonthefox said:

I’ve just been bitten by a squirrel 😳. Do I have to have a tetanus jab now?.

Any updates?