Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

The people online who abuse those not doing well at the club need to stop taking football too seriously..

In the player's threads of those not performing well, plus the Rodger's one that just been locked, there must be a least a good dozen or so members who have posted aggressively towards such individuals.

At the end of the day, they're human beings too.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Wymsey said:

The people online who abuse those not doing well at the club need to stop taking football too seriously..

In the player's threads of those not performing well, plus the Rodger's one that just been locked, there must be a least a good dozen or so members who have posted aggressively towards such individuals.

At the end of the day, they're human beings too.

Yeah, I think there's quite a few people who take Bill Shanklys words about football, life and death rather literally. They really shouldn't.

That being said, sometimes people just need to vent.

Seen KSI used a racial slur in a YouTube video, not a clue how the hoards of editors have managed to let that get through.

Funnily enough he's now "taking a break from social media", I'm assuming to avoid any of the backlash he rightly deserves for being a ****

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Seen KSI used a racial slur in a YouTube video, not a clue how the hoards of editors have managed to let that get through.

Funnily enough he's now "taking a break from social media", I'm assuming to avoid any of the backlash he rightly deserves for being a ****

Wakey Wines is currently doing a closing down sale 

3 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Two weeks of hotel banquet breakfasts bored me rapidly. All I want in life at the start of the day is a massive mug of coffee and some marmite on toast.

I’m just off tomorrow and will be having the same. 

Last time was quite enjoyable, I got up around 6am and went and had a quiet breakfast with nobody around…then another one with the family when they all woke up. 

Came back about 2 stone heavier, mind  :S

• Haha 1

My father in law, a keen and credulous consumer of everything the right wing media has to throw at him, was telling me how he was nearly conned into buying diet pills "endorsed by Dragon's Den stars" via a random internet ad. He actually tried to make a purchase, the transaction only thwarted by the intervention of his bank, who refused to make the payment.

I knew he was a daft sod, but bloody hell, if this is a sign of what we've got to look forward to as a family, God help us

15 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

My father in law, a keen and credulous consumer of everything the right wing media has to throw at him, was telling me how he was nearly conned into buying diet pills "endorsed by Dragon's Den stars" via a random internet ad. He actually tried to make a purchase, the transaction only thwarted by the intervention of his bank, who refused to make the payment.

I knew he was a daft sod, but bloody hell, if this is a sign of what we've got to look forward to as a family, God help us

My father is giving away my inheritance to a collection of online far right grifters and a particularly ugly political party. 

We haven’t spoken more than three words since the referendum.

• Sad 2

49 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

This’ll be you in a few years.  This will be alls

of us.

10 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

of us.

I sincerely hope for everyone's sake, that's doesn't turn out to be true.

43 minutes ago, Daggers said:

My father is giving away my inheritance to a collection of online far right grifters and a particularly ugly political party. 

And see the consequences of freedom of speech without consequence for it, as advocated by many people.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, leicsmac said:

I sincerely hope for everyone's sake, that's doesn't turn out to be true.

And see the consequences of freedom of speech without consequence for it, as advocated by many people.

And I could post pics of China or horror stories about N Korea and say “see the consequences of state controlled censorship, as advocated by some on here”

Sorry bud.  Don’t need you telling me what I’m allowed to say, watch, buy, enjoy or think.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Daggers said:

I'm really sorry to hear that. I suppose it's always been there but the machine that exploits this weakness in people seems to grow ever more effective and efficient

12 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

of us.

You may well be right but I think an awareness of what's going on and what might be coming down the track will hopefully enable us to fight it off for a bit longer than we might have done

5 hours ago, marbles said:

And I could post pics of China or horror stories about N Korea and say “see the consequences of state controlled censorship, as advocated by some on here”

Sorry bud.  Don’t need you telling me what I’m allowed to say, watch, buy, enjoy or think.

....I'm sure that Daggers will be thrilled to know that you consider what is happening to him and his family mere "collateral damage" as a consequence of "freedom". Thoughts and prayers, right?

Well, in any case, seeing as both the current circumstances and the China/NK-style dystopia you talk about are both real and both deeply flawed in their own way, perhaps a better solution lies somewhere in the middle, seeing as it doesn't have to be a dichotomy?

3 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I'm really sorry to hear that. I suppose it's always been there but the machine that exploits this weakness in people seems to grow ever more effective and efficient

The advance of digital tech has been a godsend for those who want to be exploitative in this way, sadly.

2 hours ago, leicsmac said:

....I'm sure that Daggers will be thrilled to know that you consider what is happening to him and his family mere "collateral damage" as a consequence of "freedom". Thoughts and prayers, right?

Daggers blocked me and everyone else who thinks even the slightest bit different from him - so he has no clue what I think.

Since he and I cannot have a discussion, I blocked him - so I have no clue what issues he’s going through.

11 minutes ago, marbles said:

Daggers blocked me and everyone else who thinks even the slightest bit different from him - so he has no clue what I think.

Since he and I cannot have a discussion, I blocked him - so I have no clue what issues he’s going through.

Ah, fair enough then.

I quote, "My father is giving away my inheritance to a collection of online far right grifters and a particularly ugly political party.

We haven’t spoken more than three words since the referendum."

I mean, caveat emptor might apply, but personally I only think that's fair if the person who has been hoodwinked has the ability to get back at the scammers personally. Which, sadly, isn't often true, given legal action is often time and money-intensive, especially across borders.

14 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Ah, fair enough then.

I quote, "My father is giving away my inheritance to a collection of online far right grifters and a particularly ugly political party.

We haven’t spoken more than three words since the referendum."

I mean, caveat emptor might apply, but personally I only think that's fair if the person who has been hoodwinked has the ability to get back at the scammers personally. Which, sadly, isn't often true, given legal action is often time and money-intensive, especially across borders.

Okay - just a couple things that come to mind.  For the record, I am not trying to attack Daggers - I don’t like the guy, but I also don’t wish bad things on him.

Are they really grifters, or is it another case of Daggers hatred for the right causing him to label them as grifters?  
“”His inheritance” Really?  I hate hearing that from anyone.  His dad earned that money to do with as he pleases.  I really hate that he phrased it that way.

Not sure what he means by referendum - but I’m guessing his dad leans right, which I know Daggers hates. Its a real shame that the two of them couldn’t put their political beliefs aside in order to have a relationship.  Maybe then he would have actually talked to Daggers before spending the money.

Now, for the subject.

If he really is being scammed - that’s a crime and would fall outside the realm of what I am defending.  If it’s true, they should be shut down and prosecuted if possible.

Edited by marbles