Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

On 10/04/2023 at 21:34, foxile5 said:

Seen this today.

I'm honestly baffled at the behavior. I mean, I find it hard to believe he's a paedo but I can't really see how he'd have deemed that kind of behaviour appropriate?!

What the **** was he thinking?

Apparently it’s nuanced wrt the tongue in Tibetan culture 

Would be quite odd if the DL was actually a paedo and then said that in public to a child ! 

12 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Hardly - I'm possibly (not) the 3rd most famous musician called John from Leicester, lagging a long way behind Jon Lord and John Deacon....

Would make for an excellent merch t-shirt slogan

• Like 1

Just now, Daggers said:

Would make for an excellent merch t-shirt slogan

I always wanted one saying: “Why’s the fat lad not wearing shoes? - Jazz Butcher”

Possibly the highlight of my incredibly short music career. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Hardly - I'm possibly (not) the 3rd most famous musician called John from Leicester, lagging a long way behind Jon Lord and John Deacon....

My old boxing coach once announced in front of all the club fighters at a training session that I was 'the second best boxer in Leicestershire'.

I felt a momentary surge of pride before he followed up with:

"Because every time I put you in the ring you come second."

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Congratulations you played yourself

I wouldnt say this is brilliant if he was doing this for certain reasons (hiding assets) but if its something that he has always done then its a great way to not blow your fortune assuming your own mother isnt either lol.

Don't know the dynamics of his personal life but a quick check on wikipedia shows that he was accused of a serious crime by someone in france. Weeks later she filed for divorce. I mean that's right on his wiki and in other news articles. Of course innocent until proven guilty.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

I wouldnt say this is brilliant if he was doing this for certain reasons (hiding assets) but if its something that he has always done then its a great way to not blow your fortune assuming your own mother isnt either lol.

Don't know the dynamics of his personal life but a quick check on wikipedia shows that he was accused of a serious crime by someone in france. Weeks later she filed for divorce. I mean that's right on his wiki and in other news articles. Of course innocent until proven guilty.

If it’s all in his mums name at least it’s in someone’s name and tax is being paid on it. He can easily hide it all offshore and confer ownership and liability.

i understand this is a made up nonsense clickbait story, but surely a court would still grant his ex a significant chunk in a divorce, can’t be as easy as smashing it all in your mums name 

• Like 1

Just now, grobyfox1990 said:

If it’s all in his mums name at least it’s in someone’s name and tax is being paid on it. He can easily hide it all offshore and confer ownership and liability.

i understand this is a made up nonsense clickbait story, but surely a court would still grant his ex a significant chunk in a divorce, can’t be as easy as smashing it all in your mums name 

You'd think not, he'd hardly be the first guy to try that kind of dodge if that were the case.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, leicsmac said:

You'd think not, he'd hardly be the first guy to try that kind of dodge if that were the case.

She might get some of his earnings as they are clearly his. But I assume the assets in his mum's name won't be able to be proven to be owned by him. 

3 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Absolutely fair play to him. Divorce settlements are completely wrong and unjustifiable in most cases. 

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

She might get some of his earnings as they are clearly his. But I assume the assets in his mum's name won't be able to be proven to be owned by him. 

I think the problem with such settlements are that each situation is different and so you really can't apply the same law or regulation to a lot of them and still get a sense of "justice".

There's so many situations where either one party or the other really doesn't get what they "should" do, one way or another.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Bear said:

This topic always reminds me of this:

Seems a bit MGTOW honeypot to me considering that gender relations still have a ways to go in many places and therefore perhaps there are bigger problems to deal with, but he's right in that there is a problem and it can and should be fixed concurrently.

6 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I had to Google MGTOW. Never heard of them!

Sadly, I have had the misfortune of knowing a few things about them for a while now.

As per above, there certainly are issues where gender balance is tilted inordinately in one direction, but there remain much more situations where it is tilted conclusively in the other. Hopefully (again as above) as many of them as possible can be focused upon to help those decent people, regardless of gender, getting messed with.