Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

https://www.change.org/p/grant-shapps-reopen-ivanhoe-line-for-passengers-6a538152-fa5a-4db0-9d97-1841a187153e?signed=true

Please sign the above petition to help campaign for re opening the Ivanhoe line through Coalville to Leicester

@davieG please could you move this somewhere more appropriate if necessary :thumbup:

Edited by Stuntman_Mike

4 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

https://www.change.org/p/grant-shapps-reopen-ivanhoe-line-for-passengers-6a538152-fa5a-4db0-9d97-1841a187153e?signed=true

Please sign the above petition to help campaign for re opening the Ivanhoe line through Coalville to Leicester

@davieG please could you move this somewhere more appropriate if necessary :thumbup:

Repost it in here - 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

When something really hurts, or bothers you, the 'advice' of 'You need to let it go', has to be the worst, laziest and dismissive possible.

At least if someone said "do you want to talk about it" you'd have the feeling of support even if you declined the offer.

• Like 1

I can’t believe that Alec Baldwin has decided to carry on with the filming of Rust after he killed that poor camerawoman. I know a catalogue of errors from other people led up to the tragic event but how he can walk back on to that set and continue is beyond me. 

34 minutes ago, oakman said:

I can’t believe that Alec Baldwin has decided to carry on with the filming of Rust after he killed that poor camerawoman. I know a catalogue of errors from other people led up to the tragic event but how he can walk back on to that set and continue is beyond me. 

Probably some contractual reason would be my guess, can't imagine he's be too thrilled. 

2 hours ago, oakman said:

There have been stories for a few years, that he really is a POS.

Doesn’t surprise me at all.

3 hours ago, oakman said:

What about the people who are relying on the work? Should he just let them down? It was a tragedy, but not of their making.

Edited by Jon the Hat

3 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

What about the people who are relying on the work? Should he just let them down? It was a tragedy, but not of their making.

Plus the investors in the film would lose all their money. He probably doesn't want to carry on with it but has to for other people's sake. 

• Like 1

1) Why do you always find a giant turd in the toilets at bowling complex.   Out of all public places,  the bowling complexes always get a 100% hit rate.   I am still haunted by that giant turd that I witnessed as a 10 years old.  

2) I was on holiday recently and **** me, the amount of 50 years old blokes who pile on chips at hotel buffet is downright embarrassing.   I cannot say for definitive but I bet most of them if not all is British while you get random Italian or French teenagers helping themselves to mussels.  

Just now, The Blur said:

1) Why do you always find a giant turd in the toilets at bowling complex.   Out of all public places,  the bowling complexes always get a 100% hit rate.   I am still haunted by that giant turd that I witnessed as a 10 years old.  

2) I was on holiday recently and **** me, the amount of 50 years old blokes who pile on chips at hotel buffet is downright embarrassing.   I cannot say for definitive but I bet most of them if not all is British while you get random Italian or French teenagers helping themselves to mussels.  

Actually now that I have thought about it, I think I can see the direct correlation between point 1 and point 2 😂

7 hours ago, The Blur said:

And not just in the toilets. You can find plenty of them bowling too. 

In the last couple of days I've seen a load of social media on the 'conspiracy' of 15 minute cities and how they are being structured to force control on citizens. Must have I'm fvckin baffled by it and cant believe how big this nutjob following is, hoping its a loud minority than anything else.

Drove out toward the Six Hills this evening to see whether I could find somewhere dark enough to see the northern lights. Suffice to say, no - I couldn’t.

Has anyone here had any success seeing the northern lights?

3 hours ago, Dunge said:

Drove out toward the Six Hills this evening to see whether I could find somewhere dark enough to see the northern lights. Suffice to say, no - I couldn’t.

Has anyone here had any success seeing the northern lights?

Once, years ago in Birstall. I was walking home and saw odd lighting in the sky. It took me a while to figure out what it was. 

Edited by fox_favourite

Given the new autograph thread in the other place...

I'd advise anyone to skip paying over the odds for this online. Wife worked for Pavillion Publishing. Everyone in the office was sent home with a few cases of these books and tasked to be Moss with a pen.

Technically, this means I'm kinda married to Kate Moss.

Screenshot 2023-04-27 at 15.43.27.png

On 24/04/2023 at 20:08, Nalis said:

In the last couple of days I've seen a load of social media on the 'conspiracy' of 15 minute cities and how they are being structured to force control on citizens. Must have I'm fvckin baffled by it and cant believe how big this nutjob following is, hoping its a loud minority than anything else.

This one baffles me as well. Anyone with their tin foil hat is welcome to educate me but I find it deliciously ironic that people are moaning at the loss of buses, local shops and centres to supermarkets and out of town shopping centres, but when something is done to try an alleviate it, it's suddenly government control. Like what do you actually want?

• Like 1