Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

8 hours ago, Tommy G said:

Anyone considered giving up drinking and managed to sustain it? How did your life change?

I probably drink under 20 units of alcohol a week and the occasional binge drink, it’s crossed my mind more than ever the past 12 months to knock it on the head for good 

I am similar to you. Have about 15units per week (Fri and sat only) and maybe 4occasions a year I have more than 6/7 pints in one sitting. I went off booze totally for around two months just to try it. My advice would be don’t do it, your intake is clearly under control. I was bored, no health difference, spent the money saved on other frivolous rubbish. I know it’d make a great LinkedIn post about ‘going sober changed my life’ but in reality it made it worse 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Tommy G said:

Anyone considered giving up drinking and managed to sustain it? How did your life change?

I probably drink under 20 units of alcohol a week and the occasional binge drink, it’s crossed my mind more than ever the past 12 months to knock it on the head for good 

I gave up drinking on October 1st 2017 and haven't touched alcohol since.

I've got a bit of an 'all or nothing' personality so could never just have one or two drinks - it always ended up being a full on session. I found myself drinking most nights at home too and realised I was dependent so did the 'sober for October' thing. Once I'd got through that first month, I never looked back. I've also got underlying health issues and drinking made that worse, so all the signs said knock it on the head for good.

I'm always wary of being a bit 'preachy' when taking about the benefits of quitting, but for me there are many. I think more clearly, have more energy, better skin complexion, I get less angry/anxious, and I've saved a small fortune over the last six years.

I'll never advise anyone to quit drinking as some of my best days/nights were on the piss, but as I approach 50, I'm so glad I did and I feel so much better for it.

All the best in whatever you decide.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I am similar to you. Have about 15units per week (Fri and sat only) and maybe 4occasions a year I have more than 6/7 pints in one sitting. I went off booze totally for around two months just to try it. My advice would be don’t do it, your intake is clearly under control. I was bored, no health difference, spent the money saved on other frivolous rubbish. I know it’d make a great LinkedIn post about ‘going sober changed my life’ but in reality it made it worse 

Sounds very familiar - I’m not a heavy drinker but never quite feel “on it” the next day even after a couple. Thanks for the reality check!

• Like 1

I used a train for first time in a long time today.   While waiting in the boarding area to exit the train with others, I just realised it would be the closest I would ever get to experience what footballers feel in the tunnel before a match.   The anticipation,  shared nervous energy with others, slight stiffening as everyone line up and prepare to exit the train/tunnel to emerge out into the widening chasm that is the world/pitch.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Are the club struggling to shift hospitality seats? I can go on my facebook without seeing it as every second ad.

Well they out priced alot of the local firms that used to have boxes.

These were mostly companies owned  by local lads that grew up Leicester fans and were doing well.

I'm sure they'll be begging them to come back if we go down !

32 minutes ago, los dedos said:

These were mostly companies owned  by local lads that grew up Leicester fans and were doing well.

The clubs really lost its grouding.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, los dedos said:

A friend of mine has had a box for at least 5 years. He has a successful local company and has previously sponsored the match ball. He has said he's not renewing the box next season as it's too expensive.

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1

On 08/05/2023 at 10:17, SemperEadem said:

Are the club struggling to shift hospitality seats? I can go on my facebook without seeing it as every second ad.

That £211 Clubhouse one, where you eat and get entertained at the Tigers ground, and then have to make your own way to the stadium for GENERAL seating in the West Stand is something to behold.

Imagine having the gall to try and sell those with a straight face, even if people are buying them.

• Haha 1

Just now, Footballwipe said:

That £211 Clubhouse one, where you eat and get entertained at the Tigers ground, and then have to make your own way to the stadium for GENERAL seating in the West Stand is something to behold.

Imagine having the gall to try and sell those with a straight face, even if people are buying them.

Oh wow had not even heard of this. 

51 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

£210, sorry! But you do get one free drink with the package so it's all good.

image.thumb.png.c41f5828d9dbcd4f15422111d87adede.png

Don't forget the bowl of heavily fondled peanuts recycled from the previous event.

23 hours ago, los dedos said:

Someone I know had hospitality seats for 7 years and decided they were too expensive to renew last summer (increased to £3800 per seat) 

when he asked where he could relocate to in the ground he was told he’d have to go onto the waiting list ! 

I kid you not 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

What  exactly is "bowl food"?

Is it like pocket meat?:

Edited by Parafox

7 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

Feels like the club trying to dupe easily-persuaded non-football fans that this would make a decent birthday present for someone dear to them who they know is a City fan but little else on that front.

Who in their right mind is shelling out for that? Yet more pathetic tat from a pathetically-run football club.

To pick up a topic from earlier in this thread -

I used to adore drinking but I'm starting to get a bit bored if it. I don't know if it's the excessive prices, the pubs slowly turning into cocaine lounges, or the ever worsening beer but I'm starting to think of exit strategies.

The problem is I think I'm fully hooked on the ale.

On 03/05/2023 at 09:33, Tommy G said:

Sounds very familiar - I’m not a heavy drinker but never quite feel “on it” the next day even after a couple. Thanks for the reality check!

Just to chip in, I quit drinking for a full year and found the same. I kept it going for a year more as a personal challenge than anything. 

I still don't drink much but a glass of red at the weekend, a beer with a curry, or something cold and refreshing on a hot day are all things I enjoy without it being or becoming a negative aspect of my life. 

If I needed to quit it, I know I could, but it's not something I really need to worry about ATM and life's too short so why miss out on the enjoyment of the few drinks I do have

• Like 1

Didn't 'they' make it so that insurance companies had to offer you their best quote that they'd offer to new customers - or is that something that only applies to subscription services and the like?

Auto renewal quote: £188, up from £184, for two motorbikes.

Quote from 3rd party: £101

Phoned to cancel auto renewal, immediately offered £145. I absolutely hate the way insurance companies do this. Just give me your best price you tossers.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Didn't 'they' make it so that insurance companies had to offer you their best quote that they'd offer to new customers - or is that something that only applies to subscription services and the like?

Auto renewal quote: £188, up from £184, for two motorbikes.

Quote from 3rd party: £101

Phoned to cancel auto renewal, immediately offered £145. I absolutely hate the way insurance companies do this. Just give me your best price you tossers.

They’re fvckers. 

My auto renewal was £1200ish with the AA. Phoned up to cancel and they said they couldn’t reduce it. 

Went via comparison site and got it for £800…with the AA. 

Just now, Milo said:

They’re fvckers. 

My auto renewal was £1200ish with the AA. Phoned up to cancel and they said they couldn’t reduce it. 

Went via comparison site and got it for £800…with the AA. 

£800?

Are you 12 and drive a Ferrari? lol

• Haha 2