Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

1 hour ago, Stinky said:

Does anyone here who works weekends listen to the radio for example (specifically on a Friday) and get miffed that they speak as though their entire audience has just worked their last day of the week and has the weekend off? Is it just me? lol

I worked in retail for almost a decade and it pissed me off listening to stuff like that. I've now worked a Mon-Fri job the last 3.5 years and it still bugs me on behalf of people who have to work weekends lol Even more so I work in a retailer head office where I know a fun/interactive/round up of the week kind of email goes out to store colleagues (who work weekends) which always starts "Happy Friday!!! :)" I find it a bit...... Bleurgh

"We've got that Friday party feeling". 

Yeah Ok. I'm nights all weekend, including Friday. Fvck off.

It's even become a thing they say on a Thursday. "The weekend starts tomorrow". No it doesn't.

Talentless, scripted crap. Commercial radio is THE WORST!.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Souvlaki (lamb kebabs on skewers in pitta with roasted peppers and onions) with fresh Tzatziki dip i

Lamb Kleftico. Greek leg of lamb, usually cooked as a tray bake, with onions, pepper and potatoes, feta and baby toms and Greek herbs.

Mousaka. Minced lamb layered between aubergine (maybe tomatoes as well) with a bechamel sauce and herbs.

Pastitsio. (Greek version of pasta bake but so much better)

Dolmades. (Stuffed vine leaves with rice and herbs)

Baklava for dessert.

Lamb Kleftico is amazing. Last time a went to Rhodes I put some £££s on! Ate like a king and lamb Kleftico was definitely my favourite dish. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Parafox said:

I get the point made in his opening paragraph.

Advertising can be a ignored, though. 

You still have a conscious choice. 

Actually, no it cant. These corporations do not spend billions to not just put signs etc up, but they also spend millions on psychologists and researching the brain to ensure that you cannot ignore advertising, the worst thing you can do, is believe you arent affected by it.

2 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Actually, no it cant. These corporations do not spend billions to not just put signs etc up, but they also spend millions on psychologists and researching the brain to ensure that you cannot ignore advertising, the worst thing you can do, is believe you arent affected by it.

I’m not affected by it. I tune it out. I am marketing’s kryptonite.

*this post has been brought to you by Apple, Gordon’s, Dominos, and ElfBar*

5 hours ago, Daggers said:

I’m not affected by it. I tune it out. I am marketing’s kryptonite.

*this post has been brought to you by Apple, Gordon’s, Dominos, and ElfBar*

TBF They do target brain activity...so that could make sense 😁

Edit... yep i missed the subliminal information :)

Edited by ozleicester
  • Haha 2

Random thought of the day.

People laugh at incredibly witty but crap jokes pretty much just to prove to other they 'got' the joke rather than finding it funny.

I cant exclusively blame other people as I've been guilty in the past of doing it too. Wonder why we do that?

Edited by Nalis

35 minutes ago, Nalis said:

People laugh at incredibly witty but crap jokes pretty much just to prove to other they 'got' the joke rather than finding it funny.

I cant exclusively blame other people as I've been guilty in the past of doing it too. Wonder why we do that?

Maybe humour is just subjective?

I love a clever and we'll constructed joke even if it's a bit silly. I also love a bit of toilet humour. It doesn't have to be binary. 

I saw a bloke on a motorbike outside Western Park last night that was so small that an Action Man wouldn't look out of place on it.

Really had to fight the urge to cheer him from my car window, for me these people are the real heroes of our age, even ahead of young lads that do a wheelie on their bikes as they ride past you

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Nalis said:

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

Maybe humour is just subjective?

I love a clever and we'll constructed joke even if it's a bit silly. I also love a bit of toilet humour. It doesn't have to be binary. 

worlds finest...but simplest joke...

What is brown and sticky?

A stick :yahoo:

• Haha 1

Anyone else tuning out for a while?

tbh this is the first time I’ve wandered outside of the live footy threads. Didn’t realize folks were talking about other matters other than the footy. Quite refreshing to see fans helping other fans and not attacking each others view points. The irony is we all support the same club but you wouldn’t think so half the time lol.

anyway I’m gonna take a hiatus from the forumns for the summer. Will check back in once the championship starts. Need a break but funny enough visiting family again this summer in Leicester. Good news is I can finally do a KP. Stadium tour and all dates are available (wonder why)? Even a fire sale is going on at the foxes fans store!

So, whatever you all choose to do this summer do it well and get a good restful break! COYF

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Unless Schofield is proven guilty of anything illegal, the media hounding needs to probably stop. Man's clearly lost everything, time for all to move on personally 

I agree with this. At present there's no evidence that he intended to have a sexual relationship with the boy/man when they were under the age of consent. If evidence were to come out that he did engage in sexual activity when the person was a minor or that he was grooming ready for when he was above the age of consent, different story. 

It seems as though Philip Schofield is being held to a higher moral standard than the man who was our Prime Minister between 2019 and 2022. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I agree with this. At present there's no evidence that he intended to have a sexual relationship with the boy/man when they were under the age of consent. If evidence were to come out that he did engage in sexual activity when the person was a minor or that he was grooming ready for when he was above the age of consent, different story. 

It seems as though Philip Schofield is being held to a higher moral standard than the man who was our Prime Minister between 2019 and 2022. 

Exactly, unless there's evidence he groomed a minor or any other foul play, then the media have had their story. Just let the bloke piece his life together and focus on actual news. 

Don't fully understand why the ITV director is being called before MP's either. 

31 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Unless Schofield is proven guilty of anything illegal, the media hounding needs to probably stop. Man's clearly lost everything, time for all to move on personally 

The discourse around it today has been depressing tbh.

Genuinely think there’s a morbid element those online this morning saying he’s acting or faking it who are actually, deep down trying to egg him on to commit suicide. 

The BBC has also been seriously complicit and awful in this too. Assuming they knew about what he was going to say beforehand, there’s no way they should have carried on with the interview and published it with a person in that mental state. How is it in the “public interest”? It’s just a clickbait interview that wasn’t needed that has done nothing but cause vocal reactions that play down serious mental health and suicidal thoughts and furled the culture that had caused people with mental health issues to not feel like they’re listened to in the first place.

Regardless of what Schofield has or hasn’t done, the BBC should still have a duty of care to protect people who admit they’ve been on the verge of suicide within the past few days.

Edited by Sampson

8 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Am I the only regular Foxestalk poster that has doesnt have anyone in their ignore list?

If people have to tolerate my verbal bollocks then its only fair for me to tolerate theirs :)

I don’t and think it’s pretty pathetic if people do. Just scroll on by how long does that take. That being said I am sure that many people have me on ignore

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Am I the only regular Foxestalk poster that has doesnt have anyone in their ignore list?

If people have to tolerate my verbal bollocks then its only fair for me to tolerate theirs :)

But - they don't have to. They can ignore you!

As for me, I might have more people in my ignore list than not in it. Life's too short.

• Like 1

Just now, Phil Bowman said:

But - they don't have to. They can ignore you!

As for me, I might have more people in my ignore list than not in it. Life's too short.

Ha yeah fair enough! It was your post in the other thread than made me think.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

I don’t and think it’s pretty pathetic if people do.

Live and let live, that's what I say (within reason and up to a point). If one person wants to ignore half the posters on here, that's up to them; if another person wants to scroll through everything everyone posts, that's up to them.